• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Prison School 123

Kiyoshi sure has his priorities straight.

Gakuto, Jo and Anmitsu story keeps getting more interesting, can't wait to see where that goes.

Omaera Zenin Mendokusai! 06

OsLZMQu.png

You know what sensei, go date that girl.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
If it's ending, does it means Ciel scans will go back to scanlating Hi-Score GIrl?

Please?
Never.

That's fair regarding Onodera, I just don't see much romantic affection for Chitoge though, at least, I can't see them working out as an actual couple. He gets along well with Chitoge, but in a kind of oblivious ways that he gets along with everyone else.
Raku has only ever gotten into a fight with her (the beach -> Romeo/Juliet thing), and got angry on her behalf (her mother's arc), so I don't think he treats her the same as everyone else, at least when the focus is on her anyway. For all the other girls, he's like a stable boring good guy.

Mortemis

Banned
The Breaker NW 168

Man, if this is the author making us wait for 9AD to snap out of it so he can snap every single one of those guys' necks, gimme it. It'll be so good. Maybe him and Shioon can go berserk together! lol

So NAVER has a english language webtoons site and ipad app. Now I can read Girls of the Wilds and not feel bad about it.

So many comics I'd not heard of. Also...naver likes vampires.

Pssh, they ain't even caught up with Kubera. :(

dani_dc

Raku has only ever gotten into a fight with her (the beach -> Romeo/Juliet thing), and got angry on her behalf (her mother's arc), so I don't think he treats her the same as everyone else, at least when the focus is on her anyway. For all the other girls, he's like a stable boring good guy.

The first instance wasn't so much that Raku got into a fight with her, as it was that Chitoge got hurt and became passive-agressive towards Raku, it was a pretty one-sided fight.
In regard to the Chitoge mother arc, while it's true that he went pretty far for Chitoge, I think he would had done the same for any of the other characters of the series, it just so happen that he was never presented with a situation where he had to do so.

Lain

The Breaker New Waves 168

So Teach finally remembered Shioon. Wonder if this will really change things, but I have a feeling it won't make much of a difference for now, or the drama won't build up.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The first instance wasn't so much that Raku got into a fight with her, as it was that Chitoge got hurt and became passive-agressive towards Raku, it was a pretty one-sided fight.
In regard to the Chitoge mother arc, while it's true that he went pretty far for Chitoge, I think he would had done the same for any of the other characters of the series, it just so happen that he was never presented with a situation where he had to do so.
That's how it started out, but you're forgetting how he felt leading up to the slap. He was hurt that she said that the time they spent together was just as fake as their relationship. And he was angsting enough that he couldn't enjoy the role he was playing with Onodera.

You're right that he hasn't been put into a situation like that again... Closest situations to that I can think of are when he had to act as Marika's and Ruri's fake boyfriend for their friend and grandfather, respectively. But both Marika and Ruri dealt with the drama induced by that on their own, really.

dani_dc

not really chitoge mom is superior in every way

Chitoge mother is a very scary person, too much so, Onodera mom is just the right middle point between scary and awesome.

That's how it started out, but you're forgetting how he felt leading up to the slap. He was hurt that she said that the time they spent together was just as fake as their relationship. And he was angsting enough that he couldn't enjoy the role he was playing with Onodera.

You're right that he hasn't been put into a situation like that again... Closest situations to that I can think of are when he had to act as Marika's and Ruri's fake boyfriend for their friend and grandfather, respectively. But both Marika and Ruri dealt with the drama induced by that on their own, really.

Ah yes, I actually did forget that, though I think anyone would be hurt hearing a close friend saying that their time together was false.

That's because Marika and Ruri are both better than Chitoge!
Poor Marika has absolutely no chance.

Furyous

HIME-SAMA TANUKI NO KOIZANYOU

What in thee blue fuck did I just read? I am digested and saddened and confused at the same time.

The Gamer

SHIT JUST GOT REAL.
Does this mean Jee-Han is a genius now? He's overpowered as shit.

Inari Konkon

Don't screw up the ending. If Inari gives half of her power to her brother does this mean fox deity retires to takamaghara? EITHER WAY, IT'S ABOUT TIME. Don't screw this up like the author of that yankee manga with the glasses girl and utterly shite ending.

Is it sad that I've read 500 new manga since January?

Sumomomo Momomo

LOL, It took forever for him to come around didn't it. I feel sorry for undercover martial artist chick.

Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou

I need a beer. What happens when the all of the girls fall under his spell? This chapter missed Leme. Bring back the diva.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 271

Akashi's line before he scored on Kagami was dope. Can't wait to see that animated. Only 41 seconds left and Seirin is down 7.

Revo

Ojojojo 1-14

Is cute. Gramps is lol. Managed to avoid the typical being taken away trope which is nice.

More would be nice.

Charade

My guess is that he's stretching out the serialization to be able to get 40 chapters out

My guess is that these short breaks will have a negative influence on his motivation, as they will remind him of a care-free life without deadlines and stress, and will therefore reduce the longevity of the current serialization to 23 chapters.

dani_dc

Poor Marika. She's the only girl who actually takes initiative. :(

I'm sure Marika hard work will pay off and she'll have a weeding ceremony with Raku,
after they reveal she's terminally ill and on the last days of her life and Raku is asked to perform her only wish in life, to wed her, at which point he'll go through with the ceremony (from which he might or not back out at the last minute) right before she dramatically dies.

Revo

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 6

Main guy is Ichijou and main girl is Chitose in this.
Main guy is Ichijou and main girl is Chitoge in Nisekoi.

I refuse to allow this.

Also that was pretty blunt.

Soma

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 1-6

Ever since someone here pointed it out, I can't stop noticing the two main character's dandruff ridden heads. Like why would an artist think that's a good decision?

Also this is kinda bland so far. I usually really like these kind of stories because I'm a sucker for cute romance stuff but even this is boring to me.

kasane

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 1-6

Ever since someone here pointed it out, I can't stop noticing the two main character's dandruff ridden heads. Like why would an artist think that's a good decision?

Also this is kinda bland so far. I usually really like these kind of stories because I'm a sucker for cute romance stuff but even this is boring to me.

gimme a cute romance then :)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria 02

This is basically starting to feel like a jRPG in the form of a LN with the different races, classes, weapons, etc and all the detail to go with them.

Regular meek and no confidence girl gains confidence chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom