• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nana to Kaoru 99-107

3423fe2930.jpg

Why is this so heartwarming

Yep they are pure as hell regardless of what they are actually doing LOL

yogloo

Wedding collars > Wedding cakes
Don't try this in real life folks!
If you do try this, please tell us details and post pics!

I can't find any interview confirming that Chiba really said that but the alternate pic seems genuine.
Upon reading countless of bad Google translation of Japanese sites, I came to the conclusion that
Joe is alive because he is tomorrow's Joe after all. ;_;

Hanagaya Eigyousho no Kare 1

Coworkers stories typically follow the same storyline, but this one added the love affair with a previous worker so he got kicked out to the county branch of the company when the affair was out. Come to find out the lady he was involved with ended up quitting the company, getting married and having a kid. What a terrible situation. Oh well, it led to a memorable first chapter because another lady in the company interested in him confessed and he lied saying he was in love with his chief. She didnt believe and forced him to confess to him while she was watching. I chuckled. Cant wait to see how long they can keep this up and if it develops into real feelings, they already had some hints.

BtagF0NIMAAUL7K.png:large

Vito

Banned
Also found that manga you guys were interested in, 波よ聞いてくれ aka Nami yo Kiitekure, by 沙村広明 (Samura Hiroaki)

Serialised in Monthly Afternoon

Yeah uh, congrats on going through raws for Afternoon I guess?

Zweizer

Banned
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru ch81

How does Kisu taste? Does anyone here knows?

Upon reading countless of bad Google translation of Japanese sites, I came to the conclusion that
Joe is alive because he is tomorrow's Joe after all. ;_;

To be honest I'm also fond of that interpretation and I'm not too bothered by the ambiguity. I guess there's a lot of confusion because of how some studios chose to localize the scene.

Zweizer

Banned
Yeah uh, congrats on going through raws for Afternoon I guess?

What's bad about Afternoon? Please there be something bad so that I can lavish in the thought that hekk suffered.

But you hardly ever post. Please notice me senpai!

This is considered weird by dresden right?

I think compared to kasane it's pretty normal so you should be in the clear.

For now.

Only thing I dont like about the yen press Accel World Light novel (comparing to t he anime) is that they call direct linking...directing. It sounds so awkward.

Otherwise it is a much stronger start than Sword Art Online and quite addicting.

Vito

Banned
What's bad about Afternoon? Please there be something bad so that I can lavish in the thought that hekk suffered.

Nothing, just that I don't find someone going through public raws and pasting series particularly impressive. Especially not Samura who's well known and been hyped by the magazine. I mean heck this issue also had a oneshot by Tomoko Yamashita and Tsutomu Takahashi plus a special Hanebado! chapter... all reported on the magazine's page when midnight hit in Japan yesterday. It's just that since Afternoon started being published digitally as well we're getting more content than in the past. Follow raws a bit and news on Comic Natalie and you quickly realize how little of the content we get to sample even with raws.

Anyways, have to give GAF something back and since spamming raws is fashionable and smut is forever. #teamtanlines

Revo

Mob Psycho 65.2

Well, I guess dimple got some character growth.

Nukoduke! 38

2spooky. And another character so soon.

_hekk05

Banned

I only mentioned it since a bunch of people were excited about it.

Most things I post about I give an honest attempt at reading and I either summarise or give a bit of my impressions.
I didn't understand anything about the plot

Obviously no one can read everything. I don't think I could if I had even more free time, and I've been pretty free recently.

I just want some of mangagaf who can't read raws to experience a bit of what lies in store, and they can possibly request scanlations from groups who would otherwise not touch these.

Zweizer

Banned
Nothing, just that I don't find someone going through public raws and pasting series particularly impressive.

Anyways, have to give GAF something back and since spamming raws is fashionable and smut is forever. #teamtanlines

Sure it's not anything "impressive" to tell us about available raws but I do appreciate the work hekk puts into going through the various serializations and inform us of their contents. Sure hekk can moonrune and bully us about it but his impressions are useful at grasping what such and such manga is about and help me judge whether to follow a particular work or not.

#teamtanlinesforever ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Nothing, just that I don't find someone going through public raws and pasting series particularly impressive. Especially not Samura who's well known and been hyped by the magazine. I mean heck this issue also had a oneshot by Tomoko Yamashita and Tsutomu Takahashi plus a special Hanebado! chapter... all reported on the magazine's page when midnight hit in Japan yesterday. It's just that since Afternoon started being published digitally as well we're getting more content than in the past. Follow raws a bit and news on Comic Natalie and you quickly realize how little of the content we get to sample even with raws.

But most people don't bother going through public raws nor go to dedicated sites about it nor know japanese, so your points are moot and he is doing a service to the thread.
We are lazy. it's better for someone else to do the hard job!

DarkMehm

HSDK 576

Can someone explain to me what the hell is happening in this manga? I'm completely lost. So Saiga knew that the other one murdered his wife. Why the hell did he work with him later on anyway, even going as far as having a disciple together?

Revo

Shounen Note 18

Yutaka's back, it seems. Glad to see he recovered.

Jack the American Ghost 22

Still the best english trans that isn't fan that I've read. And the story is/has been getting really good.

OPM 36

I like Metal Knight

Soma

Kikimimi Zukan 1-8 (End)

This was really nice. It's a collection of short one-chapter stories from Miyata Kouji (Oh, My Sweet Alien!) All very different stories with some pretty unique concepts behind them but each one very well written and beautifully drawn. Definitely worth your time.

Zweizer

Banned
Onepunch-Man ch36

Not much awesome in this chapter, other than a set-up for another rival.
Who am I kidding? There's no rival to Saitama.

Quasar

So NAVER has a english language webtoons site and ipad app. Now I can read Girls of the Wilds and not feel bad about it.

So many comics I'd not heard of. Also...naver likes vampires.

Revo

Oh right. Must have missed it. I've been told some titles aren't even on the english edition, but I don't know if thats true.

A thousand years Ninetails, Ability, City of Dead Sorcerer, 'Dear, Only You Don't Know!' are a few. Plenty more as well.

And if they ever come, they're not as wildly popular as ToG/Noblesse and at best will get 1/week from the start.

Although to be fair, they have some series that were either dead or behind where fan stuff was at (Hive, Magical Exam Student/Magical 12th Graders as examples)

Stealth Symphony 20

Amazing. Too good for Jump.

Yesssssssssssssssss, that ending basically means it can go on in the Naritaverse LNs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dani_dc

The thing about him and Onodera is that Onodera is really just a high school crush for him. His relationship with her hasn't developed whatsoever.

The only characters with actual strong relationship development with him have been Chitoge and (oddly enough) Haru.

I can't see this ending with Onodera winning.

also something something oneshot

That's fair regarding Onodera, I just don't see much romantic affection for Chitoge though, at least, I can't see them working out as an actual couple. He gets along well with Chitoge, but in a kind of oblivious ways that he gets along with everyone else.

I'm probably giving the author far, far too much credit, but I tend to think titles matter and that they often have dual meanings. In this instance I think the dual meaning is, of course, the on the face meaning about Raku and Chitoge's outward relationship...as well as what I think is a reference to his feelings towards Kosaki. That is, an infatuation that isn't particularly deep...or a false love. He may be pining for her, but he's closer to and more comfortable with Chitoge at this point. Heck, I'll go ahead and agree with PhillipCostigan too. He has more chemistry with Haru than Kosaki.

But again, I'm probably giving the author of a harem romantic comedy manga more credit than he deserves.

I see I see, I was unware that "Nisekoi" meant "Fake Love", that's an interesting interpretation of the title.

I'd be fine with him going for Haru, but I think that's Raku doesn't really see Haru as a "woman" but more as a "sibling", at least at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom