• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

Surely there are such things as professional manga critics in Japan, right? Just curious if anyone knows if there is such a profession and how it works.

Zweizer

Banned
Surely there are such things as professional manga critics in Japan, right? Just curious if anyone knows if there is such a profession and how it works.

Are there professional comic books critics in the US? I know there are contests and awards in Japan but I doubt it's a full-fledged profession.

Edit: Apparently there are: Google books link.

fireside

pohaKXB.png

uncultured swine

Zweizer

Banned
Resuming reading this now!

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru ch76-78

I have to ask myself why I believed there would be a big change.
Sports event ending is gold. Kon best girl as always.
Hotori could be a legit detective and that scares me.

uncultured swine

image.php

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Resuming reading this now!

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru ch76-78

I have to ask myself why I believed there would be a big change.
Sports event ending is gold. Kon best girl as always.
Hotori could be a legit detective and that scares me.

They're all on crunchyroll now. Except for 99-107 I think.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We finally hit double digits in #mangagaf

hurray!

edit: Soma 80 is pretty intense.

Mimisaki challenges Soma to a shokugeki, betting Aldini's knife for Soma's.

Soma ups the bet by asking for every single knife Mimisaki has won, and if he loses he'll quit cooking.

Topic is the main dish in a western meal. Soma's gonna make beef stew

All according to keikaku.

Unai

It seems the Viz Media's catalog is region locked in Comixology. Too bad, I really wanted to buy some mangas from there.

CronoShot

Fairy Tail 394

Nakama nakama nakama?
Juvia getting tentacle'd?
Gray getting random ass power boost?

Yep, that was a Fairy Tail chapter.

デモンズ・コア aka Demon's Core, by ムサシマル (Musashimaru) [13 chapters out]

An unemployed demon girl living in poverty is given a wanted poster and thrown into the human world.

An Initiator, who has just killed of a busty demon who tried to eat him, finds said demon girl dropping out of the ceiling.

They fight, she is defeated in 2 panels, and the initiator captures her love with some bowls of ramen.

Its a battle shounen love comedy!!

Looks like Kotomine has found a waifu~

scy

Isn't that like half of the NTR mangas?

no NTR (yet). It's more just him ruining a relationship (first girl) and then the second involving a break-up (+ her leaving the country).

Since the overall plot is one of the girls showing up again and there's _seven_ of them, I'm not sure I like where this is possibly going.

HOW DO FIVE MORE GIRLS FIT IN THIS TIMEFRAME ANYWAY.

Zweizer

Banned
Umwelt (One-shot) by Igarashi Daisuke

A pretty good one-shot that presents interesting ideas concerning differences of perception of the world and transhumanism.

His heart is beating because he senses a worthy enemy. His mind thinks its cus of that busty girl

O rly? I guess you could put it that way.
But i would pay to see him actually fall in love, like a NORMAL human being.
But that won't happen, cause he a fucking magic king, and he can do whatever the fuck he wants.
/rant

_hekk05

Banned
トモダチ×モンスター aka Tomodachi X Monster, by 乾良彦 (Inui Yoshihiko)

Serialised in Manga Action

More battle shounen! Kids find monster friends, they are bonded to them (if the monster dies, they die, if the monster takes damage, they take damage etc)

Then they fight for reasons my moonrune skills cannot comprehend.
2 out of the 3 kids shown dies in the first chapter. Welp

Also

未確認系クリプトハート aka Mikakuninkei Crypt Heart, by 森小太郎 (Mori Kotaro)

Serialised in Monthly Comic Dengeki Daioh

http://a.pomf.se/nuonqo.jpg slightly NSFB

Battle shounen with useless MC and aliens and... S girl? And M meido? Why?

Moar!!

旧世界の魔女 aka Kyuu Sekai no Majou, oneshot by いさかわめぐみ (Ichikawa Megumi)

In a post-apocalyptic world where technology has regressed to the point of being indistinguishable from magic, so called "magicians" are branded heretics and executed.

Our young executioner finds a young female magician, possibly from another time, conveniently wearing sailor uniform just because, and is tasked with executing her. He finds out he is in fact from another time himself, and the two escape together in this heartwarming yet slightly dark one-shot.

_hekk05

Banned
Also found that manga you guys were interested in, 波よ聞いてくれ aka Nami yo Kiitekure, by 沙村広明 (Samura Hiroaki)

Serialised in Monthly Afternoon

Unfortunately I cannot make heads nor tails of the plot

_hekk05

Banned
マルさんのスナック aka Marusan no Snack, by シオミヤイルカ (Shiomiya Iruka)

Serialised in Monthly Afternoon

A light-hearted manga about a pair of siblings and their love for snacks

vomits blood. I think I'm done

yogloo

I just read ashita no Joe for the first time.
he didn't die! He didn't Die! Someone please tell me he didn't die.
I even found this explanation on some blog.

http://hoxtranslations.blogspot.com/2014/04/many-thoughts-on-good-manga-10.html

"I have heard that at one interview later on in his life, one audience member asked Chiba why he killed off Joe. To this, he responded that Joe did not die that day because he is Tomorrow's Joe. This echoes Natsume Fusanosuke's own interpretation of the ending, in which he points out that the left-side in manga represents the future (right-to-left order, remember). By having Joe sit down facing the left with a faint smile, while the status of his mortality is kept intentionally ambiguous, the manga tells us that whether or not he died is trivial. The true significance is that Yabuki Joe faces tomorrow. "

Someone please tell me the explanation is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom