• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
It's a declaration of war. Nothing destroys data guys and copy guys more than losing after a clear and deliberate declaration of war.

Just shounen manga things

upandaway

The web irc thing stopped working for me again a while ago (couple of days or whatever). Dunno what you guys want from me with that thing.

Phi Brain 11 [end]
BtuBWdjIAAA4zY5.png
Great ending for this version of the phi brain story, Rook and Kaito's friendship transcends even puzzles and the future. Many good lines and moments from them all throughout the series.

Only issue with the manga was just being too short for most puzzles, lacking the really cool ost and visuals, and just being well short. A 26 ep arc condensed to 11 chapters is sad :(

Quixzlizx

Haganai 38-43

The art in this still owns so much but ultimately it was knowing who wins that made me catch up (and really makes me want to buy the english release for it too…)

The art in this is top-10 material for me, although I think he's gotten a bit lazy in the past couple of chapters. I'm current with the translated LNs, though, so I know what's going to happen as I read it.

Planet in Love

Imagining the scenario of people coming up to confess to Kageyama and then how he would look at them back is kind of funny. Though thankfully he had one in his heart who he definitely loved and thus gave one of the best confession scenarios for them drawn thus far.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Bread & Butter 1-2
Woo, a josei manga. It's about a 34 year old school teacher who quits her job and asks a 39 year old baker to marry her, only after meeting him twice.

We'll see how it goes.

I dont think thatd be good writing, as itd be more surprising and suspenseful to beat him at his own game. The weight of the win would feel heavier and stronger and would undoubtedly force Mimasaka to change his ways.

Mimasaka is a one trick pony, and Soma is seeing right though him. He wins because his opponents don't expect him to be cooking the same exact dish, except better. It's all mindgames.

Soma is moving the match into his terms though, and that's bound to throw Mimasaka off his game.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nikumi had a lot of reaction faces in this chapter, too.
KuGsj.gif
Its funny to me that being freed of Erina's influence turned her into a nice person despite the fact she was clearly an asshole prior to losing the shokugeki to Soma.

Sakamichi no Apollon Ch.1-21

I was going to wait until I finished reading the entirety of this one to write anything about it, but wow
are the male leads in this story really good at messing things up or what? They gotta learn to respect the feelings of the female leads, sheesh. Then again, I think that Sentarou's situation can be chalked up to his social ineptitude. I kinda have to sympathize with Kauro too, since there's a clear reason for why he acts the way he does. It just sucks seeing the female leads constantly getting emotionally hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom