• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
more shelf space means more dead trees, yay!

killingtrees25.jpg

Quasar

Fuuka 25

Shit, why can't I stay away from Seo's mangas. Seeing everyone talk about it made me want to catch up, and lmao. Tama gives NO fucks, and I love it.

Lmao.

Because they are entertaining as fuck, for both themselves and the mangaGAF meltdowns.

kasane

Seeing pick ups like these derails me on what manga im gonna buy

I completely forgot what i was gonna order, maybe im just gonna get gundam or some shit

Terra Formars vol. 9

The gap between chapters is so large it's hard to remember what was happening prior, but I swear this gets more battle shonen with each passing volume. These fights are just getting longer and longer.

Laughed loudly when one of the roaches suddenly pulled out a handgun.

Prison School 125-126

clint-nod.gif

Of course you can count on Gokuto, king of bros.
Are we ever going to see this wet t-shirt contest anyway?
Fucking Andre lol

Aizo

Banned
It is in the author's nature to punch you in the face whenever you feel that things should go alright. Read on if you can. You should also tackle Boys on the Run in the future.
Read on? I thought that I had bought the most recent volume. Is there more?

I've read about half of Boys on the Run. Have you finished it? Thoughts?

Haruka na Machi e ENTIRELY

DEAR GOD THE FEELS! I LOVE THIS STORY! Man, the retrospective on life, even though I'm only 22 years old. Man, great recommendation.
I felt the same way. I think about that story at least bi-weekly. So nostalgic...

dani_dc

Prison School 126

That unifying reason reveal was amazing, nice little detail for the author to go pick up to get the boys working together again.

I'd expect something ridiculous instead of something interesting. I mean, there are still 200+ chapters to go.
Ridiculous and interesting aren't that far apart as far as my enjoyment of something is concerned. So either way is fine by me!

Seo is making the title bait

Fucking non believers gtfo

GO TAMA CHAN
SHOW US THAT BEST GIRLS DESERVES TO WIN

Sara relationship with Yuu is too shallow and one sided at this point to see any romantic future in it.

Tama has a childhood history with Yuu, but they went years without talking and even now their interaction have been fairly limited. She is an idol which comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantage s.

Fuuka on another hand has spent most of the last few months with Yuu and has managed to improve his life in various ways, thanks to her he had a summer job, managed to get a group of friends and gained a sense of purpose as well as self confidence thanks to the band. She's a very positive influence in his life plus we already know they both have feelings for each other and that they are aware of it (even if for some reason they haven't sent forward with actual dating).

So even if we discard the title argument, and even if we agree that Tama is the best girl, Fuuka would still be the best choice for Yuu at this point in time.

Let's see what Tama will bring to the table to change that. A public confession is already a great/awful start to change things.

Revo

Assassination Classroom 95

This is a nice chapter if only for nipping in the bud the potential for failure due to thinking they were so strong.

The sensei dogeza was hilarious along with the old man's reaction.

Addicted to Curry 110

Looks like there are actual challengers.

And original girl is back!

dani_dc

These (funny but) serious moments create so many spectacular panels too. Prison School art GOAT

That's really one of my main reasons for enjoying the series, this type of moments that, when you stop to think about it, are absolutely ridiculous and preposterous, but are presented in such a serious manner that you can't help but get involved.

Revo

Nana to Kaoru 31-39

The shrine visit stuff in general was also really well done. Much better romance than Nisekoi.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Rereading all of prison school because I forgot where I left off.

There are worse ways to spend some time I suppose.

bigkrev

Nisekoi 132

Not feeling this at all. Haru murders any story she is part of, sadly.

Hunter x Hunter 348

These issue skips are already starting to kill me, I wasn't even reading it when a hiatus was always lurking, that probably would have killed me

Terraformars v9

Pretty suspenseful the whole time as I was fervently hoping that Akari or even Michelle wouldnt die.

The Rahab story concept of the plant occupying the asteroid belt and featuring a civilization that was capable of travel from mars and earth and had some type of evolutionary device on Mars was compelling and should have been given more detail than just the one page. It would certainly be a great tool to have on Mars and help to explain how the roaches were able to develop as fast, and even do the bugs surgery too (their collection in that one room for example wasnt explained).

Akari needs to use Hizamaru more.

Usobuko

Banned
I've read about half of Boys on the Run. Have you finished it? Thoughts?

I am about 2-3 chapters ahead for I am a Hero. So that's probably spoilerish to you because the drama you witness currently would be resolved by then. I apologised if that's the case.

As for Boys on the Run, yes I did finish it. Personally, I would ranked it as high as I am a Hero. The best part of the Boys on the Run is the first half to me, the latter is the author introducing new characters and eventually tie up everything together. It can still be tragically funny at times. Ending was an unnecessary slap on the face though, akin to Ciguatera (manga).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

On one hand, Soma handled this scene like a bawss.
On the other, the stakes make it really obvious he's going to win. This is what, the third Shokugeki where Soma's punishment was quitting of some kind? There need to be more realistic stakes here.

upandaway

Soma 80

Dang, Soma's eyes were creepy. He's tired of Mimasaka's nonsense. Whew!

Also all that Hayama hype. I guess it's still possible that he'll lose to Kurokiba and become a jobber like Takumi, but man, nuts to that. HAYAMA HYPE.

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma 80

Even without the cook part on the line it's obvious he wouldn't lose. Thou he was cool.

Just kinda want to skip past this shokugeki.

upandaway

Soma

I'll say though I didn't expect Soma to want any of the items, especially Takumi's. I expected him to go like "they can get it back themselves". Takumi will just become even more pathetic now.

Shokugeki no Soma

On one hand, Soma handled this scene like a bawss.
On the other, the stakes make it really obvious he's going to win. This is what, the third Shokugeki where Soma's punishment was quitting of some kind? There need to be more realistic stakes here.
That's, um, well wait a sec. I don't think that's why it's obvious that Soma's going to win.

Did we read the same match just now? Mimasaka was a total villain. And he was a data guy AND a copy guy. There's no way he's winning even once

dramatis

Shokugeki no Soma 80

It's pretty much a given that Soma will win. I guess the main problem with Stalker Guy's style is that while he could probably make that one dish better than his opponent, he ends up obsessing over that one dish and one particular desire to outdo the opponent, and forgets to be a bit more imaginative in other ways.

Somehow Soma winning or losing the final finals seems predictable either way. Geez, shounen manga.

FillerB

Shokugeki no Soma 80

It's pretty much a given that Soma will win. I guess the main problem with Stalker Guy's style is that while he could probably make that one dish better than his opponent, he ends up obsessing over that one dish and one particular desire to outdo the opponent, and forgets to be a bit more imaginative in other ways.

The "I'll make this dish" thing will probably (hopefully) be a lie with Soma actually making something else during the match just unhinge Stalker-Guy.

The "I'll make this dish" thing will probably (hopefully) be a lie with Soma actually making something else during the match just unhinge Stalker-Guy.

I dont think thatd be good writing, as itd be more surprising and suspenseful to beat him at his own game. The weight of the win would feel heavier and stronger and would undoubtedly force Mimasaka to change his ways.

upandaway

There's no point. Standard shonen etiquette dictates that Soma will beat him at his full potential, and that's why he just out and told him the dish (even though he would have known anyways). Good guys don't use trickery to win (unless it's HxH or Mx0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom