• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

ohhellnawgaysv.gif

Golden Time 1

A shocking revelation

Golden Time is actually part of the Nisekoi universe:

U6obZDj.png

Koko is the 4th keyblade wielder and confirmed automatic best girl.

I've watched the anime since it started and I love it so thought I'd check the manga out.

Solune

All your restlessness reminders finally paid off.
My 2nd accomplishment after getting people to read Hotman!
god is dead
Rules of Nature??
The GTO drama is pretty fun, the 1998 version that is. They gave Azusa more screen time and more personality, too bad they turned her into a bitch lol
Yesssssssss! Now you can watch the Hotman drama after!
He doesn't know the word for shop is (o)mise. ten is just a suffix that can't be alone (as seen in kissaten, which is coffee shop).

Also he's a filthy gaijin

You know, I see this said so often it's usually a gut reaction to gloss over it. But for some reason I just burst out laughing.

scy

Orange Marmalade, 108 - 119 [END] - I forgot where I left off so I just reread the entire final arc. Everything wrapped up nicely, sweet ending, etc. etc.

...now if only I remembered half the stuff from earlier in the story.

akaoni

Banned
Through some random occurrence I walked into this series called Azumi, some really long ass series that ended only a few years ago after running for 48 volumes.

Synopsis;
Azumi focuses upon the life of the female assassin Azumi. The manga begins an indeterminate number of years after the Battle of Sekigahara, but as the Azumi begins her assassination missions, the manga introduces the characters into mainstream history. Many of the early assassination missions that Azumi undertakes are the assassinations of the prominent supporters and generals of the Toyotomi Clan, against whom the Toyotomi Clan expected to again go to war.

Only 3 volumes translated starting last year I think. Not that I've read it yet myself, I'm more wondering if other people know anything about it, it's not old and is long yet I have never seen it mentioned a single time anywhere for that matter, I just found it through a musician involved with the live action adaptation. The amount of obscure manga you can find buried never ceases to amaze. There's also a sequel series with the same title.

dumbyugi

Through some random occurrence I walked into this series called Azumi, some really long ass series that ended only a few years ago after running for 48 volumes.

Synopsis;

Only 3 volumes translated starting last year I think. Not that I've read it yet myself, I'm more wondering if other people know anything about it, it's not old and is long yet I have never seen it mentioned a single time anywhere for that matter, I just found it through an musician involved with a live action adaptation. The amount of obscure manga you can find buried never ceases to amaze. There's also a sequel series with the same title.

I read it, in fact I posted about it when I started. It's pretty good, though the scans are only early so it could get worse. You should give it a shot to see if you like it.

Akito

Yesssssssss! Now you can watch the Hotman drama after!
Hotman hm, I'm actually waiting for the manga to be completed to jump in, only 2 volumes left but the last update was 2/3 years ago :(

Synopsis;

Only 3 volumes translated starting last year I think. Not that I've read it yet myself, I'm more wondering if other people know anything about it, it's not old and is long yet I have never seen it mentioned a single time anywhere for that matter, I just found it through an musician involved with a live action adaptation. The amount of obscure manga you can find buried never ceases to amaze. There's also a sequel series with the same title.
I'm reading it (and I also watched the 2 live action movies years ago) and it's good but yeah, not exactly the most well known series here in the west.

Charade

He doesn't know the word for shop is (o)mise. ten is just a suffix that can't be alone (as seen in kissaten, which is coffee shop).

Dude doesn't know his ons or kuns.

Salomelic 1

Not the biggest fan of Hakamada Mera, but I like her stuff well enough. This one had a typical isolated transfer student start, but the ending surprised me (what I get for not paying attention to tags and whatnot).

upandaway

Holy crap so many pages while I was asleep. I guess somehow we went back to the pre-OTZ pace one way or another. I think some kind of link was posted at some point but I don't really reme- oh hey new Iinazuke Kyoutei

Iinazuke Kyoutei 12

That's.. hey? Hey there? Are you really going to let it go that she deleted your Animal Crossing village? Is that how this goes? Am I supposed to accept this?

What kind of mistake could possibly delete an entire village? Wouldn't a mistake normally be stepping on her flower garden or something? Or at worst, creating a new villager? And why was she playing on her save file to begin with? How could I accept any of this? Why did she let it go with a few whimpers? That's not an honest mistake! She did it on purpose, for sure! And she didn't even bat an eye! She went straight to the magazine..!!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I see this said so often it's usually a gut reaction to gloss over it. But for some reason I just burst out laughing.
Well, you're welcome then! I'll be here all week.
and all day. at every hour. don't leave me.

Orange Marmalade, 108 - 119 [END] - I forgot where I left off so I just reread the entire final arc. Everything wrapped up nicely, sweet ending, etc. etc.

...now if only I remembered half the stuff from earlier in the story.
You weren't missing much. It was an alright story but it kind of ended suddenly.

Logick 10
I wouldn't be envious of how "innocent" he is. Then again, I'm probably as "innocent" as him. I'm glad they held him responsible for his all or nothing bet. Hopefully he gains confidence from this or something.

Araidoki. 12
Who is this other demon and where did he come from (the one that was helping the old lady across the street)

edit: wait cat cafes are a legit thing

kawaii desu ne~~~ uguu~~~

Hamatora 03

It's pretty amusing everyone is trying to figure out Nice's power even though I already know it from watching the anime.

But entertaining chapter, mostly of Nice already gotten everything figured out and just watching him stomp over the others.

mjontrix

Naruto

So right now it looks like Naruto is only gonna get part of Shukaku and Gyuki (1+8 is 9 tails, hurr durr)

Now he'll have a piece of all 9 beasts - so he'll go six paths but I assume the complete form since he is in harmony with the other beasts.

The hell did I read the last few pages and why did I go to Fakku to check authors.

I liked Yuzuki N dash's stuff. A bit of wincest is good

kasane

The hell did I read the last few pages and why did I go to Fakku to check authors.

I liked Yuzuki N dash's stuff. A bit of wincest is good

well i didn't understand the end of dream like days

weather she turned into a full blown slut or she was gonna turn a new leaf but w.e

Solune

but cats suck

dog master race
No you.
even more terrifying they were among us
The Guro Among Us
Hotman hm, I'm actually waiting for the manga to be completed to jump in, only 2 volumes left but the last update was 2/3 years ago :(

I'm reading it (and I also watched the 2 live action movies years ago) and it's good but yeah, not exactly the most well known series here in the west.

Exactly! Just watch it for the feels. Season 1 + Special is perfection. Season 2 doesn't exist, even if Ito Misaki is in it because it retcons most of Season 1 =(

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I thought my internet was just fucking with me :(
me too :(

Shiryoku Kensa 2
I barely remember what her power's about (I guess it sees when people lie), but it's good that she resolved her best friend's problem. At least I remembered her friend was a shut in, I guess. I'm not really fond of student-teacher romances though.

Shiryoku Kensa 02

Wonder where's the plot is going to start in this. I keep thinking she can see death flags instead of lies though, which kinda lowers my interest so far.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Shiryoku Kensa 02

Wonder where's the plot is going to start in this. I keep thinking she can see death flags instead of lies though, which kinda lowers my interest so far.
Is there a series like this? It seems like such an obvious plot line but I don't think I've read one with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom