• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Looks like... thread whining? I'm not sure.

Hopefully it won't be for too long...

I don't see anything in his recent history that would reasonably draw a ban. I can only assume self-inflicted.

Fox318

76hTPyM.jpg

Do you hate digital in principle or is it actually of a lower quality than print?
Sure DRM and the like is BS, but simply, I just much prefer reading a physical copy. I mean its just such a peeve of mine I would pick another language up to read something like Sket Dance or Seven Seeds. Japanese just seems like it would take a while to learn.

Stinky

Finally finished all my assignments and projects, now to begin procrastinating studying for the exam.

What better way than with

Magi v16+

This is Whitebeard War level shit. The magicians just keep one-upping the other side.

The magic item mecha cannon .. thing .. was cool.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I remember when me and grim and beam and tactical fox were banned in one swift motion.

Sad days. Or when multiple folks get banned Mods you don't fuck with wednesdaygaf. Ban us on Thursdays and make it 5 days long aiight.

I remember when me and grim and beam and tactical fox were banned in one swift motion.

Sad days. Or when multiple folks get banned Mods you don't fuck with wednesdaygaf. Ban us on Thursdays and make it 5 days long aiight.

That was a sad sad SAD day for Manga-GAF.

Discussions must've dropped like a rock. :lol

upandaway

An.. Esprit chapter.. huh? What?

....??

Wait, huh?!

Does that mean every time a ManGAFer gets banned for 30 minutes, I get a new Esprit chapter? How... conflicting.

survivor

Banned
Don't forget that the most popular/best selling US manga are ancient series like Sailor Moon and Death Note. There's no way something that can't even get off the ground is going to be saved by US sales.

Maybe if it somehow took off in France...
Taking a quick look at 2012, the only new series that managed to chart were

Alice in the Country of Hearts
Dawn of the Arcana
Earl and Fairy

So clearly from this extremely small sample size, the only way for Cross Manage to be saved by US sales is if it undergoes a genre shift to a shoujo manga.

Akito

Maison Ikkoku v3
And here comes the first big misunderstanding. It was fucking stupid ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
At least it's over, for now.

Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo 1-17

Once again I read a manga that apparently is getting an anime adapation which I wasn't aware of when I first started reading. Anyway, the manga itself has been an enjoyable so far. Story about a MC joining a group that hunt huge bugs seemed kinda lame at first until I actually started reading it. The MC himself is your average young, hyperactive protagonist that wants to the best _____ there ever was (Samurai this time). He kinda sucks with using swords and would be better off using another weapon since all his best moves have been with him using his abnormal strength in combination with the sword handle. Art has been good so far especially the monster bugs, though not so much with some of the characters.

Tokage no Ou 11

Protagonist is barely sane although now he's missing a lot of his fingers and a ear after being cut off from punching the guy. Girl is still at the site but now she's with the eyeball and licking the jar its in. Probably another death is coming in the next chapter as well. Oh and were still in this goddamn prologue.

Shokugeki no Soma 16

Rival seems actually interesting. He's still going to lose though.

Dragons Rioting 1

Getting this out of the way: Black/Blue haired girl > Red head. MC actually not being a total weakling is a nice change of things and might actually make things enjoyable when the fanservice has run its course.

Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo 1-17

Once again I read a manga that apparently is getting an anime adapation which I wasn't aware of when I first started reading. Anyway, the manga itself has been an enjoyable so far. Story about a MC joining a group that hunt huge bugs seemed kinda lame at first until I actually started reading it. The MC himself is your average young, hyperactive protagonist that wants to the best _____ there ever was (Samurai this time). He kinda sucks with using swords and would be better off using another weapon since all his best moves have been with him using his abnormal strength in combination with the sword handle. Art has been good so far especially the monster bugs, though not so much with some of the characters.

I dont think id read a series about bug killing, but the anime pv made it look really exciting and the main character design and one other character do look interesting in it.

survivor

Banned
Number Five vol 4
pMzTtFP.jpg

Are those recap pages in volume 4? Did Matsumuto realize that people weren't able to follow his story or something so he added them? Oh well, they didn't help that much since they didn't tell me anything new. This volume turned down the crazy levels. Just a simple flashback exploring Viktor's past, his relation to Number Five, and why Number One is the saviour of the world.

upandaway

Man, I really need to work on posting more this OT. Seem to be missing all kinds of fun.
Lots of people need to come back. Solune for example, went on a break due to things BUT IT'S TAKING HIM FOREVER. And also like, everyone ever below the top 15.

Without everyone pulling together, we get what was the last half or so of the last thread. Which was pretty awkward.

It's too bad there is no print to order option for manga volumes. Would help make out of print stuff from being super expensive and allow the publishers to get paid when fans later on discover a series

Kurita

Any other well known series that tanked in France?

I know that Nodame Cantabile was stopped for a moment but the publisher picked it up again.
Jojo's part 6, Stone Ocean, was selling 150 units/volume.

Also, gag mangas always tank in France but they try to publish every volume. Gintama's releases are so slow... Like, six months two volumes.
I'm sure SKET Dance will follow the same path even though Kazé (which belongs to Viz) publishes it.

7Th

Glass Mask vol. 1

Decided to marathon this again because of thinking about it recently, and also because it's just that good.

Look at that face.

It's the definition of insanity.

I love the main cast of Glass Mask; Maya, the totally-lesbian rival girl that's completely obsessed with Maya and the teacher are deliciously psychotic.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder if this Naruto flashback will actually explain Hashirama apparently being offed by some mook in a random war.

survivor

Banned
I know that Nodame Cantabile was stopped for a moment but the publisher picked it up again.
Jojo's part 6, Stone Ocean, was selling 150 units/volume.

Also, gag mangas always tank in France but they try to publish every volume. Gintama's releases are so slow... Like, six months two volumes.
I'm sure SKET Dance will follow the same path even though Kazé (which belongs to Viz) publishes it.
JoJo did this bad?

Any idea about Moyashimon or Honey and Clover? I always heard they never did that well anywhere.

Bomb Heaven (one shot)
tumblr_mkae5tgHT91qbxqfpo1_400.png

Aniki was pretty nice even if he had no money and relied on his younger brother for everything. Forty pages of some emotional stuff, some fun, backstory, and tears. Though I really enjoyed it and liked the concept being explored, always a favorite prompt. Though, as usual the ending
they are not blood brothers
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom