• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Play a drinking game where you take a drink every time one of Kaiji's underlings say "K-Kaiji-san!"
And also take a drink when they say zawa and you will be dead by the end of the first season.

Watched the first three episodes of Kaiji.
Damn, that's so good. I wanted something like Liar Game after watching the drama (need to read the manga) and so far Kaiji delivers.

The ending song/animation is boss.

The OST is fucking awesome. Wish and Phoenix are fantastic.

bigkrev

They really love Nisekoi so much this week, cover, color page, poll page, preview page...

They like it so much they couldn't even spell it right in the table of contents

78bc645e356e6e00481f939b724fbc98_zps402d9428.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They like it so much they couldn't even spell it right in the table of contents

I actually find it baffling that such a derivative, trope-flogging piece of shit is so popular in both the US and Japan. Its not the storyline or the obvious taste the rainbow girl assortment, its the fact that the main character is one of the least likable pieces of shit ever who isn't outright a murderer or criminal or really even an asshole.

bigkrev

I actually find it baffling that such a derivative, trope-flogging piece of shit is so popular in both the US and Japan. Its not the storyline or the obvious taste the rainbow girl assortment, its the fact that the main character is one of the least likable pieces of shit ever who isn't outright a murderer or criminal or really even an asshole.

It's the tamest, safest manga out there- you know every week exactly what your going to get. Its pop music- no substance but you can enjoy it for what it is each week.

But yeah, fuck Raku.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's not THAT popular.

Popular enough to not get cancelled in Jump is pretty popular. At least Food Smut tries to have some kind of plot to disguise the fact that the point is just hot cartoon girls.

Soma

It's funny how Nisekoi went from being generally well liked to becoming apparently the worst thing since KNIM in these threads.

I haven't kept up with it lately but it really should've ended around chapter 30.

It's the tamest, safest manga out there- you know every week exactly what your going to get. Its pop music- no substance but you can enjoy it for what it is each week.

But yeah, fuck Raku.

People dont like Raku? He and his friend, Shu, are the only reason Im reading I guess, I thought he's nice. Shu always reminds me of Orito from Kore wa zombie, so maybe thats why I like them too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's funny how Nisekoi went from being generally well liked to becoming apparently the worst thing since KNIM in these threads.

I haven't kept up with it lately but it really should've ended around chapter 30.

It started with some promise, but then went off the rails with all the keys and the promises to every girl. You're right that this should have been much shorter, the mangaka's first work had more potential to be a long running series.

Adventure of Sinbad

Great i really like Sindbad´s character. It´s nice seeing fleshing out of his character.

Noblesse

Rael has improved a lot. One elder down 3 to go. Francky is going to fuck shit up. Rai has woken up. All the elders will die like nothing now.

survivor

Banned
Only Kodansha's best pick up since Fairy Tail!
I guess you are waiting for Attack on Titan anime and haven't read the manga yet?

It is. You've already mentioned my favourites but Despair is pretty good as well.

Trying to find the supercut of Furuhata saying "Kaiji-san" haha, its hidden away within the depths of youtube.
Best Kaiji related youtube video is the I hate it one. It's also amusing to read comments by people about the likes/dislikes ratio on youtube

Waifu wars can only make your manga entertaining for so long before they get tiring and boring.

Angry Grimace

The main character continually got worse. At first he was like this unlikable everyman with a completely meaningless quest to find his stupid locket partner. Then he turned out to have forgotten literally every important detail from the last decade and the frame story about the mob families became meaningless other than to assert that he's super rich.

It was particularly egregious that Onodera even broke the wish fulfillment fantasy by claiming he's already mega popular with the chicks and always has been.

It makes me even more mad I just wrote three completely serious sentences of criticism of a shitty 16 year old wish fulfillment trash series like Nisekoi. As noted above, the only reason anyone reads it on GAF is because at one point it was very short and there were waifu wars.

People dont like Raku? He and his friend, Shu, are the only reason Im reading I guess, I thought he's nice. Shu always reminds me of Orito from Kore wa zombie, so maybe thats why I like them too.

No, he's a war criminal.

Angry Grimace

Who would win in a nakama fight?

Wednesday or Smutgaf?

Naruto is cancelled this week, so you'll have to wait for a week to find out. Of course, something would have to actually happen in Naruto for Wednesday Wars to ignite. I suppose Bleach can still do it by like revealing that Ichigo is secretly also a member of the Senju clan, or he ate the Gomu Gomu devil fruit as a small child.

Stinky

People dont like Raku? He and his friend are the only reason Im reading I guess, I thought he's nice. Friend always reminds me of Orito from Kore wa zombie, so maybe thats why I like them too.

I would absolutely love if it turned out that it was his friend that had the right key.

Chitoge and Onondera were the ultimate red herrings.

Yaoi end.

bigkrev

Who would win in a nakama fight?

Wednesday or Smutgaf?

Smutgaf.

We don't hate everything we read.

I would absolutely love if it turned out that it was his friend that had the right key.

Yaoi end.

God, the key thing... When it started out, it seemed like an interesting love triangle- guy has to pretend to love one girl, while the girl he actually likes secretly has the key to his heart.

Now, everyone in Japan has a key, there are a billion girls (even if the later girls are the best girls), and there is no plot.

Angry Grimace

Yaoi end.

Even in Nisekoi, I don't think he's committed enough to that locket for this to work out :lol:

I mean, there's only 2 ways Nisekoi will go: either the harem ending where he picks no-one to avoid upsetting the girls (read: fans of that particular waifu), or Chitoge. Onodera can't win because even in shitty rom-com anime there's no plot potential that.

Naruto is cancelled this week, so you'll have to wait for a week to find out. Of course, something would have to actually happen in Naruto for Wednesday Wars to ignite. I suppose Bleach can still do it by like revealing that Ichigo is secretly also a member of the Senju clan, or he ate the Gomu Gomu devil fruit as a small child.
What. All WednesdayGAF needs for a fight is One Piece. No one cares about Naruto. Also, isn't Bleach on a break as well, because Kubo is in Germany, doing Quincy research?

Angry Grimace

What. All WednesdayGAF needs for a fight is One Piece. No one cares about Naruto. Also, isn't Bleach on a break as well, because Kubo is in Germany, doing Quincy research?

Nobody ever argues about One Piece unless its comparing it to something else. The main reason being, most of the people who read One Piece like One Piece enough to not have the same argument week after week about whether the series sucks as a whole.

Angry Grimace

They would really have a week without both Naruto and Bleach?

I doubt it; I'm sure Kubo just wrote a chapter or two in advance if its true he went on a Ghost Nazi research trip. Having more than one or two series on break in WSJ is probably a big sales killer.

survivor

Banned
I agree with bigkrev. Nisekoi is predictable and all but it's a fun read every week.
And I like Raku!
You area dead to me

The most I read of Attack on Titan was a Eren/Levi doujin. Will wait on the anime and see what it does to convince me to read the manga I guess.

lol, I was thinking for a second you read the one with the giants, it didn't seem like a good introduction to the series.

I doubt it; I'm sure Kubo just wrote a chapter or two in advance if its true he went on a Ghost Nazi research trip. Having more than one or two series on break in WSJ is probably a big sales killer.

That´s how it works in manga. But there won´t be any Bleach for 2 weeks.

@Brotkasten

He is not doing quincy research, he is doing a book tour :D

Stinky

I'm a huge fan of One Piece but I've promised myself not to participate in any WednesdayGAF bickering anymore.

I actually like Bleach and Naruto as well though. I feel like I'm in the minority with that haha.

Berserk 150

Yeah, I don't see Mozgus being human. At all. But it was a nice depiction of the medieval torture chambers, I must say.

I'm a huge fan of One Piece but I've promised myself not to participate in any WednesdayGAF bickering anymore.

I actually like Bleach and Naruto as well though. I feel like I'm in the minority with that haha.

You can tell the people like all 3 because they generally just post about each chapter then dip for a week.

Stinky

Magi volume 15

eWLNF2W.png

Mor is journeying through that chasm from that Spongebob episode

Yeah, Alibaba has Kassim's rukh, we get it. Not every character that sees him fight needs to mention this.

Aladdin trainin' it up. So funny when he asks about water magic and his teacher says its not his specialty. "(..why did Yamraiha only teach me water magic?)"

survivor

Banned
You haven't read Eyeshield 21, we're even!
you got me there

I should not be as curious about this as I am right now.

Don't get your hopes, I remember ending up not liking it when I read it ages ago

The designs of the giants are really the major reason why I just cant get into the series and the part I dislike in the anime pvs. I just hate how they look so much.
RivaillexEren will make you like the series, I hope

Angry Grimace

This is far more likely than I'm happy with

Why do you say that? I think if it is going to be one girl "winning" its skewed towards Onodera with a high chance of Chitoge. Like 60-40.

Because there wasn't any plot development in either Raku being into Onodera or Onodera being into Raku because they were already in love with each other before the series started.

You can tell the people like all 3 because they generally just post about each chapter then dip for a week.

I call bullshit on that whole "I hate Naruto/Bleach and read it anyways" thing people do and think everyone that posts about them likes all three of them and just denies it to sound like they're cool and have special snowflake taste.

Stinky

Because there wasn't any plot development in either Raku being into Onodera or Onodera being into Raku because they were already in love with each other before the series started.

Theres definitely been more Chitoge development recently but there has been some with Onodera as well. you've said it yourself , they both already have massive boners for each other.

I think its why a lot of people hate Raku. He is beyond clueless about Onodera, or, pretty much anything else.

Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom