• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "rival side" of the current Jump cover, the choice for some of those rivals makes no sense at all.

Is that Kild from Hungry Joker, I guess thats an alright pick.
The girl from Choran for Cross Manage, good pick.
Oikawa is awesome.
Nendou for Saiki Kusuo isnt really a "rival"...
Ai Kitora didnt really give off serious "rival" vibes for World Trigger.

Kiruko had better options available for the cast.

Who is the white haired one beside Kurobas?

Yeah I wonder what new series will be picked up.

Though with the relatively recent announcement of Magi, I really cant imagine they will pick up any of those other long series anytime soon. (if they passed on Sket Dance anime, then I dont think theyd get the manga)
I'm a print only guy so I guess I'll have to find out what other languages the others are being released, but I'm baffled as to why Silver Spoon isn't being released yet. I wish Viz or another publisher did something like Mattycollector where they only make enough for preorders or you have to subscribe. But the lack of sales is a big and another issue.

Akito

imxypiTJPSx6d.jpg

A better view to see who is whose rival.

Kurita

Is that Kild from Hungry Joker, I guess thats an alright pick.
The girl from Choran for Cross Manage, good pick.
Oikawa is awesome.
Nendou for Saiki Kusuo isnt really a "rival"...
Ai Kitora didnt really give off serious "rival" vibes for World Trigger.

Kiruko had better options available for the cast.

Who is the white haired one beside Kurobas?
Furuichi from Beelzebub

survivor

Banned
A girl from Shokugeki No Soma
The other five are from (not in order) Hungry Joker, Kiruko, World Trigger, Cross Manage and Koisoru Edison (or whatever this thing is called).

She's from Food Smut.
As for the five scrubs (from left to right): Koisuru Edison, World Trigger, Cross Manage, Hungry Joker, Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san.

Thanks.

I was hoping the manga (World Trigger) the black haired girl from would be worth reading, but the art blows.

Stinky

Heh, the thought of someone picking up Beelzebub because of Furuichi is amausing.

Bumbling sidekick at best, pedophile bumbling sidekick at worst.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well he's gotta be her total opposite. She's a Quincy/Hollow, so he's gotta be a Shinigami/Human. Wearing the gigai gives him that second half. Considering how generic the gigai looked there, I'm assuming it adopts the form of the soul that's placed within it. And it must be.. very anatomically correct, if it can let the wearer produce soul babies aww yiss. DNA must persist into your soul after you die somehow.

I guess I'm not entirely understanding what Isshin's role is here and why he needs to be in a gigai. As far as I can tell, he's literally going to fuck the hollow out of Masaki.

Kurita

Heh, the thought of someone picking up Beelzebub fbecause of Furuichi is amausing.

Bumbling sidekick at best, pedophile bumbling sidekick at worst.
Lol just saw that part in volume 13, hilarious.

You guys having some problems with GAF too right now?

Steroyd

Naruto

Lolz, Madara's lustful face when he realized his one true love is arriving onto the scene.

And wow I completely forgot Naruto did stuff and shared his chakra with everyone and stuff.

One Piece

That's a LOT of names to take in, I'm apprehensive of calling them fodder or unimportant characters, because Oda generally recycles alot of stuff for future chapters and arcs. (see Bellamy), that doesn't exempt that this is a tournemtn arc doing tournament arcy stuff at the moment.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also, Obito and Kakashi are now both fighting in the pocket dimension, which of course leads me to believe we're going to get yet another flashback.

Also, Obito and Kakashi are now both fighting in the pocket dimension, which of course leads me to believe we're going to get yet another flashback.

"Hey you know way back when you impaled Rin with your chidori?"
"Yeah, what about it?"
"Why, just curious. I saw it in person and never knew the reason."
"Ha, that was because..."

"OMG, Kakashi I've been wrong all this time. Time to stop Madara! =D"

Spongebob

Banned
Realistically Obito should win this fight fairly easily, but Kakashi is being protected by plot-no-jutsu.

I imagine the flashback will be relatively short.

Angry Grimace

I would hope that Kubo would explain what the fuck is up with Ichigo's sisters who have way less powers than Ichigo does.

A lot of this Ichigo = the perfect hybrid of everything seems weird given he has two sisters who have far less powers than he does. It's actually a little disappointing; he made it seem like Karin would become relevant and she never did.

Naruto 628
tumblr_mlpzlrS3pr1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mlpzlrS3pr1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Will be curious to see what Viz chooses. Anyway I think I agree with the view that we are going to get another flashback of sorts for Kakashi Obito, though I dont know what it would really entail. The match up is falling into earlier predictions or my view from before that Obito would be handled by Kakashi (still calling for his death). Madara, only character on the field to handle him is Naruto, so maybe Naruto gets pushed to his limits (already exhausted) and Sasuke rushes in to rescue him at the most pressing moment (like way back in the past when Sasuke's body moved on its own to protect Naruto in the Zabuza arc). Im looking forward to Sasuke's first generous deed.

Naruto's statement was memorable, the thing about having none of his comrades around makes his heartache so much. Protect em and help em all please.

Last and minor thing, Sakura Haruno in so many panels, that was like six+ I counted, and then all the rest getting some, I dont think I saw Sai though. Kiba got three and then Choji with second most. Minor, but I like seeing the rest of the characters in this climax of this war.

ElFly

Realistically Obito should win this fight fairly easily, but Kakashi is being protected by plot-no-jutsu.

I imagine the flashback will be relatively short.

Dunno, they are at a point where characters can die and end their arcs, and kakashi dying at the hands of obito would not be out of place.

If there's a flashback it has to explain why the fuck kakashi killed the girl obito loved.

Expect three chapters of this.

Dunno, they are at a point where characters can die and end their arcs, and kakashi dying at the hands of obito would not be out of place.

If there's a flashback it has to explain why the fuck kakashi killed the girl obito loved.

Expect three chapters of this.
I'd say Kakashi is too popular to die. He'll somehow finish Obito and Obito will forgive him with his last breath. Everyone's redeemed, friendship is magic.

I'd say Kakashi is too popular to die. He'll somehow finish Obito and Obito will forgive him with his last breath. Everyone's redeemed, friendship is magic.

Kakashi already "died" once, so how is he too popular to "die."?

Ten tails could probably revive everyone that dies this arc, or someone's eye powers get evolved and enable them to revive everyone that died this arc as well, even if characters do "die.".

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I guess I'm not entirely understanding what Isshin's role is here and why he needs to be in a gigai. As far as I can tell, he's literally going to fuck the hollow out of Masaki.

For the Vizards, Urahara was able to concoct an injection that was a combination of Quincy light arrows and human souls. These, as the natural opposites of what the Vizards were (Shinigami and hollows), provided balance and allowed them to not go through soul death. As a mere injection, though, it couldn't actually push back their hollowfication, just keep them from dying.

The goal with Masaki is to actually halt the hollowfication. So they need a more potent version of that same idea. Masaki is currently Quincy/Hollow, so her balancing factor is Shinigami/Human. Isshin is only one of those things, but he can become the full equation if he goes in a soul-suppressing gigai. Ryuuken is already quincy, there's nothing he could even combine with to make the two things he'd need to be. In theory Urahara could do it, suppress himself in that Gigai forever, but "ha ha no thanks."

The idea is to create her opposite--a Shinigami/human--and then tie it to Masaki with reishi strings so it's a constant balancing factor. That tying basically being the equivalent of the injection the Vizards got, but much more potent. They'd have to be tied until the day she died, in order to keep the hollowfication in check.

Angry Grimace

translation

He means the specific person. I used to be able to tell when HisshouBuraiKen (fan translator and also a GAF member) was translating Naruto because Hidan would talk like a sailor.

Angry Grimace

underwhelming chapter of naruto. next one should be better but heres another 2 weeks of waiting

It seems like the post double-issue chapters out come out faster for some reason, although it evens out.

ElFly

Have to question that character popularity drives anything in the plot.

Kakashi has been out of the spotlight for long stretches.

Jiraiya died.

Tons of popular minor characters do nothing for years.

Dresden

the breaker new waves -

I guess it finally happened.

The mainguy is a badass now. Like, permanently.

I said wow.

Took like two years but it's happening! Cue Ron Paul dancing like a fool.

---

shokugeki no soma -

Mmm, manly muscles and crying girls.

Naruto
I just want this to be over with already. A whole chapter of Naruto defending people is boring.

One Piece
Pretty dull chapter overall. I'm not really feeling any of these fodder enemies. Ending was pretty dope though.

Bleach

Masaki and Isshins relationship seems kind of forced if that's all that it takes for her to ditch her would be husband.

survivor

Banned
Akira vol 1
akira_1_c001aoj58.jpg

Good lord, Kaneda is such an awful protagonist. Why can't he just die and let Kei be the main character?

First volume was just full of chase scenes and characters yelling left and right. Not that much breathing room for exposition dumps. Well they weren't that boring in themselves, but they need to change up the pace. All what I got is that the government has bunch of magic users, some resistance group wants to do something with the magic users, Tetsuo has become a junkie, and Kaneda is a deadbeat loser.

The art was good though, very detailed.

Kurita

Akira vol 1
Good lord, Kaneda is such an awful protagonist. Why can't he just die and let Kei be the main character?

First volume was just full of chase scenes and characters yelling left and right. Not that much breathing room for exposition dumps. Well they weren't that boring in themselves, but they need to change up the pace. All what I got is that the government has bunch of magic users, some resistance group wants to do something with the magic users, Tetsuo has become a junkie, and Kaneda is a deadbeat loser.

The art was good though, very detailed.

This reminds me that my brother bought me the first volume of Akira's color edition, need to read it.

Stinky

You've seen the movie right? I own all 6 volumes and although a lot of people say the manga is better the movie definitely is for me.

dat animaton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom