• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Drainage City
The manga that started it all! A compilation of Horihone Saizou's early works. Some of it is rough but you can see where it all begun! Stories about devotion, friendship and the difficulties of living alone in a hard post-apocalyptic world. A true work of genius only Saizou could conceive! Some of the stories are especially touching.

Secret Dog God Kokoko-chan

Man, I was just gonna make some throwaway one-liner joke but this had one of the most unexpected and mind blowing endings I've ever seen. HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Adding this to my queue, getting through "The hole in the flesh" now.

When Naruto ends I will just read Toriko

When Bleach ends I will just take 5 minutes of my Wednesday schedule to look at my bedroom wall

When One Piece ends I will just continue it by myself

When Hunter x Hunter ends I will dissolve into the aether, spread my wings and become a space swan

Kurita

Shinobi no Kuni 2

So, Oda Nobunaga is, as always, an asshole.
Definitely in love with the art.
1PAyaIR.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 seeds 123

Oh man.

Hibari giving hana a little mental freakout over natsu is pretty hilarious.

edit: huh, arashi was weirdly perceptive, in a really weird way too. Interested to see how they will react when they learn the whole truth about Ango and Ryou.

7 Seeds, 123

Finally! It felt like months since the last chapter came out.

I'm pretty happy about Aramaki's monologue at the beginning. Going on without something like this would've been pretty bad, after what happened. Especially for this manga.

Hibari is such a little shit kid, god. So hilarious. :lol

I didn't expect Ango to come out with the truth, but I can't wait for all them them to reunite. That's going to be some amazing clash.

I dunno about ango coming out with the truth. He did leave out a pretty key piece of information.

No, that's what I said. I honestly didn't expect him to tell what happened, so I wasn't surprised by his "version" of the story. But the way this chapter ended, Ango and Ryo will probably be gone, when Arashi and Hana finally meet.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No, that's what I said. I honestly didn't expect him to tell what happened, so I wasn't surprised by his "version" of the story. But the way this chapter ended, Ango and Ryo will probably be gone, when Arashi and Hana finally meet.

Oh come on.

You know it'll be 50-100 chapters before that even happens. :p

Pumpkin Scissors 24-25

I am loving the amount of backstabbing going on in the background.

7 Seeds 123

I laughed when Hibari trolled Hana and at Tsunomata preferences.

Very surprised at Arashi not freaking out after Ango dropping a bomb on him.

Kurita

One Piece is still the king
mouKEcn.jpg

Guess it'll reach 300m this year (or next year, depends on how many volumes are released in 2013).

Secret Dog God Kokoko-chan

Man, I was just gonna make some throwaway one-liner joke but this had one of the most unexpected and mind blowing endings I've ever seen. HOLY FUCKING SHIT

You know, you could probably do a pretty interesting analysis of the decision the author makes to combine stories about childhood friendship with surreal body transformation sex scenes. If it were me, I'd make a connection between the metamorphosis we all go through, puberty, and the transformations that Horihone's characters undergo. It won't be me, though, because EWW ICK GROSS, amirite?

One Piece is still the king
http://i.imgur.com/mouKEcn.jpg[/IG]

Guess it'll reach 300m this year (or next year, depends on how many volumes are released in 2013).[/QUOTE]

One Piece : 288 000 000
Dragon Ball : 157 210 000
Naruto : 131 280 000

Naruto will pass Dragonball too, assuming Kishimoto can pump out 4 more years of volumes and its counting the 250K or so a year from the US?

Theonik

The Hole of the Flesh
After drainage city this seems a bit tame in comparison, relatively restrained. Still it had its moments of hilarity and weirdness.

survivor

Banned
You'd be surprised to learn that there are more 50+ years old people reading One Piece than 10 years old kids!

Old people need to use their time better.

Manga-News was also posting the sales for shojo/josei magazines published by Shueisha and I found it amusing that there is a shojo magazine called Margaret and another one called The Margaret. That is some great effort put into the names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom