• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece is still the king
mouKEcn.jpg

Guess it'll reach 300m this year (or next year, depends on how many volumes are released in 2013).
DB Sales pr. volume destroys everything out there.
Honestly, I doubt Dragon Ball sold 200 millions overseas.

What? DB is the biggest Japanese cult culture that ever hit the west. Everyone knows about DB. Everyone.

Wiseblade

Dragon Ball volumes have sold over 157 million copies in Japan, which averages out at 3.7 million copies sold for each of the 42 volumes.

One Piece volumes have sold over 280 million copies in Japan up to 2012, which averages out at 4.1 million copies sold for each of the 68 volumes sold up to the end of 2012.

Retcon: Dragonball's total worldwide volume sales come to 230 million according to Wikipedia, which is frankly higher than I expected. Most people's international exposure to the series is through the show rather than the comic.

Dragon Ball volumes have sold over 157 million copies in Japan, which averages out at 3.7 million copies sold for each of the 42 volumes.

One Piece volumes have sold over 280 million copies in Japan up to 2012, which averages out at 4.1 million copies sold for each of the 68 volumes sold up to the end of 2012.

Retcon: Dragonball's total worldwide volume sales come to 230 million according to Wikipedia, which is frankly higher than I expected. Most people's international exposure to the series is through the show rather than the comic.

I only bought some volumes back then, because I watched the show (and was tired of filler and the long fights).

survivor

Banned
While Captain Tsubasa is probably the second most popular sports manga in Japan (or 3rd if Touch beat it), its impact and popularity worldwide beats any other sports series.

82 million copies sold of Bleach is great. I wonder if it can reach a 100 million. I doubt it though, unless there is a new anime which ignites manga sales to heavens.

survivor

Banned
Top 3 old school soccer anime

Captain Tsubasa
Moero! Top Striker
Aoki Densetsu Shoot

I'd imagine the last two got some weird names changes when they got dubbed for Europe.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
US Jump TOC for 4/29/2013

One Piece 707
Naruto 628
Mario (4 page preview)
World Trigger 12
Bleach 535
Nisekoi 72
One-Punch Man 15
Dragon Ball 207
Toriko 231
Cross Manage 31

The full Mario one-shot will be in the 5/13 issue in two weeks.

Kurita

Sometimes those official translations really confuse me. How do you go from "Ganbare, Kickers!" to "But pour Rudy"? :lol
In France :
Captain Tsubasa = Olive et Tom
Saint Seiya = Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque
Hokuto no Ken = Ken le Survivant
City Hunter = Nicky Larson

They loved changing everything back then.
Top 3 old school soccer anime

Captain Tsubasa
Moero! Top Striker
Aoki Densetsu Shoot

I'd imagine the last two got some weird names changes when they got dubbed for Europe.
Moero is L'Ecole des Champions in France.
We didn't get Aoki IIRC

bigkrev

One Piece 707
Naruto 628
Mario (4 page preview)
World Trigger 12
Bleach 535
Nisekoi 72
One-Punch Man 15
Dragon Ball 207
Toriko 231
Cross Manage 31

Wonder what happens next week with everything off for golden week

Wiseblade

Captain Tsubasa = "You mean Inazuma Eleven?"
Saint Seiya = "What is that, some Sailor moon ripoff?"
Hokuto no Ken = "What is this, some Mad Max ripoff?"
City Hunter = "You mean that move where Jackie Chan dress up as Chun-Li?"

upandaway

You guys remember when I said I'm done with sushi?
Now I remember why I said that

One Piece 707
Naruto 628
Mario (4 page preview)
World Trigger 12
Bleach 535
Nisekoi 72
One-Punch Man 15
Dragon Ball 207
Toriko 231
Cross Manage 31

Anyone reading both this and Boon's OPM releases who can draw a comparison? I'm curious.

Manwha week :D

Noblesse

Oh yeah, the Union are shitting themselves when they heard of the Noblesse. War is coming and there´s no turning back now. The Union assholes are going to get their asses kicked. I wonder if there´s a traitor among the nobles. I am pretty certain that there´s a twist coming up and the noble with the shield (youngest one present, forget his name) will be a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom