• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-Duo

Mario

The art looks better than Naruto, but the story is just as bad. Simplistic tropes and not much deep emotion to it... Ugh.

pants

Hajime no Ippo
Who else felt pride swell in them when Volg Zangief finally got his moment. What an epic finish :bow:

Kurita

Also, when is MS gonna pick up OPM, and is there anymore to this week's release than those measly 9 pages?
Why would MS pick up OPM? There are already 2 groups translating it. Boon's translation is usually the superior one.

Makai no Ossan
hPmXvEe.png
"Sorry but it's not the end!"

So...is there gonna be a proper translation to Claymore, or is that butchered Babelfish translation the best we can hope for? It's been over a week. I feel like MS is slacking here.

Also, when is MS gonna pick up OPM, and is there anymore to this week's release than those measly 9 pages?

Also, is that Mario manga Kishi's next project? Does that mean Naruto is really in end game mode? I really would like some closure to that series. PEACE.

I cant imagine naruto ending that soon, and I hope this isn't an idea that Kishimoto explores in the future.l Its just a genre that I typically avoid.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Adventure of Sinbad 1

Dad's kind of an asshole.

That's a lot of heavy shit to lay onto your 3 year old son dude.

edit: also wow, sinbad as a child is super chubby.

Akito

Claymore 138
A readable version finally popped up. Oh lawd, now Neo Riful is on the rise because she absorb the blob Priscilla spat out? And Cassandra is being herself again, let's rejoice. This is getting nowhere now, hurry up will ya Yagi.

Adventure of Sinbad 1-2
Kiddy Sinbad and his dad remind me of kiddy Luffy and Shanks.

Wait, this Sinbad manga is a Magi spin-off? Should I read Magi before I start with it?

I mean right now there doesn't seem to be any reason to have read Magi first though it's possible down the line it may expect the audience to have some previous inform...

Wait Brotkasten you HAVEN'T read Magi yet?

I mean right now there doesn't seem to be any reason to have read Magi first though it's possible down the line it may expect the audience to have some previous inform...

Wait Brotkasten you HAVEN'T read Magi yet?

No, I haven't read Magi yet ... you make it sound like some sort of crime. But it's on my list!

Heroman vol 3 (10 - 14)

Pretty excellent to see the assault on Skrugg base with Goggorr in C.C in manga format. I forgot that this ends essentially like its the end of the series once the fight is done, but am glad it continues for more. Am curious how they end this in two more volumes.

Joey was so cool in the fight going high speed all over the place and then Heroman Attack/Blast/Finish. Good fight scenes.

Mario
I thought the art comparison was interesting. The first sketch was from 1998. I must say I preferred his old style. It seemed to take some inspiration from Katsuhiro Otomo (Akira) while the new one looks a little...derpy?

http://i.imgur.com/e3kjR4B.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

He's definitely slipping in his mechanical drawing.

dramatis

Smutterfly Effect 9

This manga is moving at an odd pace, but I feel like it's okay because there's more time to digest and mull over Kazuya's thinking. Everybody has things in their lives they want to change if they could, but I guess if you don't like the person you are, you have doubts about your ability to make the future better.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56961070]He's definitely slipping in his mechanical drawing.[/QUOTE]
He did. He sacrificed a lot in order to make drawing Naruto easier, and more economical. It was stated in an interview somewhere.

Stay Gold 2
tumblr_mmdujy6KTF1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mmdujy6KTF1qbxqfpo2_r2_500.png

Hayato makes this so enjoyable. If Yuuji would only listen and ignore the age difference. Anyway, I dont see how he is even 13 he looks older at least and what not but I guess it is what it is. Like the art and story.

Fullmetal Alchemist

Earlier in the year, I bought the Fullmetal Alchemist manga boxset, and I was reading a couple of volumes a week until this past weekend. I ended up plowing through 14 volumes on Saturday and Sunday, staying up really late Sunday to finish the series.

I read the first few volumes of FMA when they were released and watched the first series and parts of Brotherhood, so I was familiar with the series, but there is something special about the manga. There was just the perfect amount of humor, action and character development along with a plot that kept the pages turning to make this one of my favorites.

The last few volumes and ending were awesome, I really enjoyed how it concluded.

Nearly three years later (the manga wrapped up in June 2010 I believe), are people still interested in FMA? Has anyone reread it or read it for the first time recently?

IHaveIce

Banned
Earlier in the year, I bought the Fullmetal Alchemist manga boxset, and I was reading a couple of volumes a week until this past weekend. I ended up plowing through 14 volumes on Saturday and Sunday, staying up really late Sunday to finish the series.

I read the first few volumes of FMA when they were released and watched the first series and parts of Brotherhood, so I was familiar with the series, but there is something special about the manga. There was just the perfect amount of humor, action and character development along with a plot that kept the pages turning to make this one of my favorites.

The last few volumes and ending were awesome, I really enjoyed how it concluded.

Nearly three years later (the manga wrapped up in June 2010 I believe), are people still interested in FMA? Has anyone reread it or read it for the first time recently?

I read it for the first time about 3 months ago, loved it.

Yeah I read it for the first time December 2012, incredible series glad I read it

Akito

I buy and reread whenever a new VIZ Big volume is out and am still enjoying it very much. Take a look at Silver Spoon, Arakawa's new manga if you haven't already, it's not quite as action packed but the characters there are just as fantastic and the humor is the same as in FMA.

Ive been meaning to rewatch Brotherhood this year in my yearly revist of naruto, bleach, and fma dvds/bds. Probably this summer. The anime is kind of unforgettable even if the ending has a few significant scale issues.

I buy and reread whenever a new VIZ Big volume is out and am still enjoying it very much. Take a look at Silver Spoon, Arakawa's new manga if you haven't already, it's not quite as action packed but the characters there are just as fantastic and the humor is the same as in FMA.

I will do that, thanks!

Ive been meaning to rewatch Brotherhood this year in my yearly revist of naruto, bleach, and fma dvds/bds. Probably this summer. The anime is kind of unforgettable even if the ending has a few significant scale issues.

I thought that the original ending/turn it took stands on its own for sure. Was a fun series, and I thought the movie was a nice supplement.

A few of the later volumes of FMA have prologue chapters for the Wii game and the author mentions a PSP game. Were they any good?

Oh, and I love the extras at the end of each volume. They are consistently funny.

Vagabond
yo these past chapter have been boring as fuck. Also, anybody else have a feeling that inoue is going on hiatus soon, art looked like shit.

also, Kishi is lazy as fuck with his art. He stopped trying to get better after he aped tesuya nishio/hirofumi suzukis anime designs.

Dresden

All the hubbub about Titan's episode five makes me wonder how much better the series would be if Eren just died there.

No everyone-being-titans.

Just play the zombie giant horror stuff straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom