• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
While looking around for manga covers, Maison Ikkoku really got my attention. I know from impressions here it's likely a romance story full of misunderstandings and bad pacing, but I have to read it.

For like the first... 10? 11? volumes.

After that it became one of the best romance mangas I have ever read.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Can you believe there are people still following Fairy Tail.

People actually give a crap about Fairy Tail? I tried reading it and it was terri-boring.
Judging from what people say about it (worse than Naruto), it's a good thing I stopped.

Antiwhippy

I should grab a volume or two...

Rumiko warning: those 10-11 volumes are pretty much filler town.

Depends if you like her style of filler. I do.

They establish the characters pretty well though, and is important to set up the incredible final arcs.

Did you really pay for filler episodes?

To be fair if you plan to own the entire series you might as well buy the entire series. Also if you're an anime only viewer unless you do research there really is no way to know what is or isn't filler. If/When I decide to pick up the rest of Bleach on DVD (I own the first season currently) I'd probably buy them in order, or save buying the filler seasons til last just to complete my collection.

Antiwhippy

If you want mangagaf to stop reading shounen than do your part in reading Waga na wa umishi.

Hot-blooded ship salvaging. Scenarios include saving japan's economy and stopping an explosion that is equal to an atomic bomb (might be a slight exaggeration from me misremembering :p)

l0tkjLk.jpg

Art can be seriously gorgeous too.

I was planning to use my day off to read more Monster, but my boss messaged me that I have to have this e-learning done by Thursday for my management class at work. I spent the past hour doing it in IE (it doesn't play nice with FF) only to have it not give me credit. I contacted him and he said to do it again on Safari which works for him ;-;

Stinky

I was planning to use my day off to read more Monster, but my boss messaged me that I have to have this e-learning done by Thursday for my management class at work. I spent the past hour doing it in IE (it doesn't play nice with FF) only to have it not give me credit. I contacted him and he said to do it again on Safari which works for him ;-;

succkkks

I want to reread Monster sometime soon. I think I might give Pluto another try because my memory of the last half is fuzzy.

If Urasawa had picked a different Tezuka work to "re-imagine"/adapt like black Jack I would have been more down. Sorry, but Astro Boy aint shit.

Shiranu wa Omae Bakari 6 -7 (end)
tumblr_mmft83Ds871qbxqfpo2_500.png

Another manga finished. The last two chapters story was pretty funny and had lots of moments I liked, neighbors falling in love at first sight. Music playing moments, slight hand touching, blushing, and a swift confession after ms.misunderstanding. Excellent.

Emma vol 6

Also reading this volume reminded me, what the hell was the point of Hakim? The guy did absolutely nothing after asking Emma out and getting rejected. He just sat in William's house lazing around and not contributing anything to the story. I even forgot he was in the manga until I saw him near the end.

Hakim was originally going to be a genuine romantic rival for Emma's affections, but Mori quickly changed her mind.

survivor

Banned
Looking at Maison Ikkoku volumes, there are two editions and I think they are relatively the same? Cause the page number is very different for each volume so I really hope I don't end up missing bunch of chapters if I go back and forth between the two editions.

Hakim was originally going to be a genuine romantic rival for Emma's affections, but Mori quickly changed her mind.

Ah I see. Probably for the better since he really had no chance of winning her over.

Akito

Looking at Maison Ikkoku volumes, there are two editions and I think they are relatively the same? Cause the page number is very different for each volume so I really hope I don't end up missing bunch of chapters if I go back and forth between the two editions.
The content should be the same in both editions, the kanzenban version had 5 less volumes but with each volume having more pages.
I was not a big fan of MI, the last 2 or 3 volumes are fine yes but until then it's a clichéd romcom filled with dumb misunderstandings and indecisiveness to conserve the status quo. I don't see how the anime would make the pacing better if there are almost 100 episodes.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Damn it the early spoilers and week off usually imply an early Jump release and here we are halfway through tuesday and NOTHING! NGAAA!!!!!

survivor

Banned
Emma vol 7 End?
qmR1iPx.jpg

These double pages are awesome. The art really improved a lot and Mori started giving more details to the clothes and backgrounds. Next manga Mori draws should be fashion based somehow.

Last volume pretty much wrapped up the story neatly. And I think the main story did end? There are 3 other volumes but they supposedly cover bunch of random daily events of the other characters, but I think they will show what happened afterwards to Emma, Eleanor, and so on. Oh and there was some glorious Adele fanservice. Funny how Hakim was missing the entire time, but the last volume him and his harem were everywhere. I do hope we get a story of how he became friends with William.

GG-Duo

So according to Aohige, Hiromu Arakawa (Full Metal Alchemist) is going to start a new manga series called The Heroic Legend of Arslan, and it's an adaptation of a popular novel.

Permanently A

Btw, are you guys excited for Vol0 of Attack on Titan?! It's coming with the first volume of the anime BD/DVD! What is it? It's the actual prototype submission the author made to that magazine contest when he was 19! Yes... THAT one!

ARE YOU READY?!

oH3Durk.jpg

That art, wow. At least hes improved quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom