• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinky

Australia can have absolutely ridiculous pricing for a lot of things, I think the most amazing thing is how cheap some manga in Japan can be.

410 yen = €3.15

The cheapest I can get manga is usually not less than 5 or 6 euro.

Kurita

This week cover
Ywd3GOX.png

Pretty bad design.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Or she isnt actually dead, and is the new God at that paradise city shit.

We've got a series that literally takes place in the afterlife here. Masaki's either wandering around in Rukongai somewhere, or is secretly important but just not revealed yet. There's no way her soul self doesn't show up. NO WAY!!!

We've got a series that literally takes place in the afterlife here. Masaki's either wandering around in Rukongai somewhere, or is secretly important but just not revealed yet. There's no way her soul self doesn't show up. NO WAY!!!

Are we sure that dead Quincy show up in Rukongai?

Bach is just going to turn out to be Aizen

We already had two additional Aizens in the last arc. Another one is impossible.

When has Aizen ever passed up a chance to troll someone?

See, AG knows what I'm talking about.

But it's a waste of time. It also wouldn't explain where he suddenly got all the strength to defeat Yamamoto.

Wow I love those two character designs there. They look really good together. Hopefully this wont be their only cover.

They look exactly the same, except for the color. It can't get more same-face-y than that.

Kurita

I wonder if this new manga will be musical battle or just music based like Sakamichi no Apollon, but obviously worse.
Would be interesting to see a battle manga featuring music.
I think dumbyugi read the oneshot, so maybe he could tell us what it is about.

Maybe it'll be cool but it could also be a poor man's Nodame Cantabile.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

We already had two additional Aizens in the last arc. Another one is impossible.

But it's a waste of time. It also wouldn't explain where he suddenly got all the strength to defeat Yamamoto.

They look exactly the same, except for the color. It can't get more same-face-y than that.

Bankai. Boom, explained.

I can only presume Quincy Dad's servant is Quincy Mom.

Was obvious the moment she was introduced :p

Bleach

The best part of the chapter was the dumb face Masaki and Isshin did LOL, plus maybe this explanation will relegate Grand Fisher once and for all.

One Piece

Luffy being mostly found out is hilarious and there will now be an actual challenger in his block when the time comes.

Cavendish getting this much attention makes the odds for Rebecca winning the pool more unlikely and this new rookie just doesn't give a fuck plus has a seemingly crazy ability to boot.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

I mean they're just... humans, right? Though I guess there was that whole "humans and hollows are opposites" and "shinigami and quincy are opposites" thing, so there may be more to what actually makes them opposite. We don't really know the origin of the quincies, and what gives them their power. A dead quincy soul's gotta go SOMEWHERE though, yeah?

I mean they're just... humans, right? Though I guess there was that whole "humans and hollows are opposites" and "shinigami and quincy are opposites" thing, so there may be more to what actually makes them opposite. We don't really know the origin of the quincies, and what gives them their power. A dead quincy soul's gotta go SOMEWHERE though, yeah?

Of course, but I really doubt they'd show up there, right in the enemies territory. Imagine if a Quincy dies and then goes to the Shinigami academy. Hilarity ensues.

One Piece 708
tumblr_mmhsvd9gkp1qbxqfpo1_500.png

If only Cavendish could be the next straw hat, so strong, and epic, and then Luffy too there against Don Chin Jao(sp?) was so far best highlight of this arc thus far. We need another dual fight of both against him later on. Oda made it far too short. Bellamy for best panel though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

What are you talking about? Kubo only knows how to draw like three characters and one of them is Aizen.

survivor

Banned
Maison Ikkoku vol 1
k3hQgOm.jpg

Well this wasn't as bad as I feared. The characters are charming and some of the humour works really well. The misunderstandings for extra drama are already happening, but we will see how long I can tolerate them before they get too distracting. The love interest having a dead husband is a refreshing concept and something I don't think I have seen that often.

Koitomo 2-3
tumblr_mmhuhqU9qq1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I guess Haruka got Tokiwa in his trap, though I wonder if Haruka is having the same feelings as Tokiwa has. Tokiwa just thinking about him constantly, bed scene, really hope they get together in the end. I like following his internal dialogue through the whole thing and the little minor moments the writer made for him being deep in thought, like tones of birds around him and landing on him as he was so into it, or just typing one character on the screen and holding the button down the whole time.

Naruto

How does Kishi manage to make this manga worse by the chapter?

Bleach

4RgNmyU.png

hnnngh

I thought that Grand Fisher killing Masaki was kinda... fishy. *drumroll*

One Piece

I wonder what kind of grade Cavendish's Durandal is. And what the hell Bartolomeo's ability is.

Welcome back. Try not to get banned again.

Maison Ikkoku vol 1
k3hQgOm.jpg

Well this wasn't as bad as I feared. The characters are charming and some of the humour works really well. The misunderstandings for extra drama are already happening, but we will see how long I can tolerate them before they get too distracting. The love interest having a dead husband is a refreshing concept and something I don't think I have seen that often.

Misunderstandings: The Manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom