• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karasu ni Diamond 2
tumblr_inline_mjk414OQfu1qz4rgp.png

Continuation of the last story of the crow attacking the student and then the two falling in love. Though now with backstory with Otomura and how they first met a year ago. Puking on the person scene was really disgusting, dont know how anyone would stay calm after that.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Berserk Volume 21/Ch 192 (Retribution Arc End)

Well, that was certainly well done. I don't know how I feel about everyone surviving at the end of the day, but hell, it was so good I can overlook that.

The action sequences in this arc were really well done. Gutts maintained his status as king MAN and continues to impress me with every battle. I will admit, the Mozgus battle seemed to be a little less epic and anticlimactic than I thought it would be. It was still good though.

Loved the involvement of the Skull Knight, I'm glad he's staying around for the important bits of information. The "nakama" of this arc were all good. I really wished Nina would've died or some shit by the end, but she kept on living. Luka was very cool, and as I mentioned earlier, Ishidori and Puck are enjoyable for me.

About Caska, I'm not sure what I think of her being in this state, yet. All I can say is that I hope she comes to having some type of personality sooner rather than later.

Now, the shit with Zodd and Griffith, I didn't quite understand at the end. (No, you spoilering lames, I don't want you to explain it to me!) I am assuming that more about Griffith suddenly showing up will be revealed in this upcoming arc, because it is certainly fucking intriguing. However, I hope it's not some bullshit, I want Griffith to get his fucking shit WRECKED some day.

Good stuff. Will start the next arc later.

Sakuranbo Syndrome 56

8 years ago. C'mon dude. 8 years ago.

I'm assuming from the not-so-subtle hint that Rena's husbando-to-be doesn't share her feelings. It's hard to judge her rival from that one panel alone, but I suspect it'd be a difficult fight even in her final form.

Everyday Monster Girls 12

Okay, mermaid is now best girl. Which is unfortunate given that she's effectively ruled herself out of the running for waifu status.

Perowan! 15
Can't fault that logic. Anyway, witchy did her trolling thing with mixed results. I'm still not entirely sure whether she has an ultimate aim or whether this is just a time waster for her. Only 3 chapters left to find out. I'm expecting an ending in keeping with the quality of this series, i.e. a bad one.

Aunt Tits 70

Not sure how much they're going to accomplish in a month given her disposition. Probably about as much as this manga does.

Psyren v9 ( 72 - 80 )

Future Kyle is really the best character since Kabuto, Ageha, and Oburo. His skills are phenomenal and all his attacks are just as exciting as Ageha's Melchiz abilities. I do hope he continues to remain relevant as this goes on and they still continue traveling across times.

Sunlight in the world was great to see as well as the lush environments in this hidden area, Dreameater Island. Writer could have extended it out a bit but with Nemesis Q creator around, I understand that there are finally moments in which we can have the details surrounding all of whats going on and psyren revealed.

Akito

Deep Clear

Well shit, this literally made my day (despite the OP hiatus). I knew this is a manga from Miho Obana but I didn't expect it to have any connection to Kodocha, let alone being a sort of sequel. Even when the name Sana was brought up I was like "Huh, probably a throwback to Kodocha" but no, it's the same Sana Kurata. I grasped for air after every new reveal (Sana and Akito are married, Sana is still an actress and Akito is now a dojo instructor and chiropractor and most of all Sana is currently pregnant), it's almost like a meet up with old friends and hearing what they are doing after not seeing each other for years. And boy are they still fun as ever, ok Sana is still fun (and crazy), Akito is the same old grumpy but cool guy. Some are some other Kodocha characters as well like Rei or Sana's mother but not nearly enough, I'd loved to see what has become of all the other.
Oh yeah story, there was one I guess, it's actually decent and makes more sense if you've read Kodocha so it's more than just fanservice. I feel like re-re-re-...-reading Kodocha now. Yeah, I'm like the greatest Kodocha fanboy on earth if you hadn't noticed yet.

But first I have to put Honey Bitter on my reading list now because the main character of Deep Clear actually comes from there it appears.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Honestly at the rate they're going and based on her personality I'm pretty sure all he has to do is ask for it.

Still not gonna read it to find out but its AT so I highly doubt anyone is having sex

Lain

Deep Clear

Well shit, this literally made my day (despite the OP hiatus). I knew this is a manga from Miho Obana but I didn't expect it to have any connection to Kodocha, let alone being a sort of sequel. Even when the name Sana was brought up I was like "Huh, probably a throwback to Kodocha" but no, it's the same Sana Kurata. I grasped for air after every new reveal (Sana and Akito are married, Sana is still an actress and Akito is now a dojo instructor and chiropractor and most of all Sana is currently pregnant), it's almost like a meet up with old friends and hearing what they are doing after not seeing each other for years. And boy are they still fun as ever, ok Sana is still fun (and crazy), Akito is the same old grumpy but cool guy. Some are some other Kodocha characters as well like Rei or Sana's mother but not nearly enough, I'd loved to see what has become of all the other.
Oh yeah story, there was one I guess, it's actually decent and makes more sense if you've read Kodocha so it's more than just fanservice. I feel like re-re-re-...-reading Kodocha now. Yeah, I'm like the greatest Kodocha fanboy on earth if you hadn't noticed yet.

But first I have to put Honey Bitter on my reading list now because the main character of Deep Clear actually comes from there it appears.

I loved Kodocha, so probably I should try to check this one out (and try to get a hold of other Miho Obana's manga).

Berserk 210

Qo15waj.jpg

After all the reactions he gets out of the people around him, I came to the conclusion that he's Jesus. There's no other explanation.

And holy crap, warriors he gathered are something completely else. Just how on earth could Gutts stand a chance.

Akito

I have no idea what you are talking about Akito.
But I can feel that you really love it, so I like that.
I'm glad that came across :lol
Kodocha is a really really fun series, to give you a glimpse of the wackiness of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BbYv2-q4Fs

What makes Kodocha stand out though is the ability to handle heavy themes just as well.

I loved Kodocha, so probably I should try to check this one out (and try to get a hold of other Miho Obana's manga).
I've only read Andante and Mizu no Yakata (the adaption of the movie that Sana and Naozumi starred in from Kodocha) and wasn't terribly impressed by them (and the fact that nothing else beside Kodocha got licensed over here) so I didn't really pay attention to her other manga, which led us to today's discovery.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Berserk 210

Qo15waj.jpg

After all the reactions he gets out of the people around him, I came to the conclusion that he's Jesus. There's no other explanation.

And holy crap, warriors he gathered are something completely else. Just how on earth could Gutts stand a chance.

Such an incredible panel. Still gives me chills.

Berserk 213

I'm thrilled about the new, certainly more capable character. She's hopefully not getting in the way so easily.
I'm not so thrilled about another elf and Ishidoro's development. He's starting to annoy me.

Berserk 213

I'm thrilled about the new, certainly more capable character. She's hopefully not getting in the way so easily.
I'm not so thrilled about another elf and Ishidoro's development. He's starting to annoy me.

Hes kinda like Yahiko from Kenshin, except he's still growing at the moment.

Well I just woke up and read the argument a few pages back.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you started them as a desperate cry for attention. Geez.

Again!

Glad to see this being updated regularly again.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Psyren v9 ( 72 - 80 )

Future Kyle is really the best character since Kabuto, Ageha, and Oburo. His skills are phenomenal and all his attacks are just as exciting as Ageha's Melchiz abilities. I do hope he continues to remain relevant as this goes on and they still continue traveling across times.

Sunlight in the world was great to see as well as the lush environments in this hidden area, Dreameater Island. Writer could have extended it out a bit but with Nemesis Q creator around, I understand that there are finally moments in which we can have the details surrounding all of whats going on and psyren revealed.

Kyle was awesome.

Gintama 436

Otae (and Gintoki) being one of the 4 Deva's is great.

And I thought for sure when they started comparing Carpet girls to Gorilla's that someone was going to be on the receiving end of a beat down.

The Breaker: New Waves 108

Nothing special. But, at least Gramps is going to kick the bucket without any BS plot device.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
GENSHIKEN

Hopefully this is going to be an "I'm going to challenge you for him" instead of "I'm going to help you with him." Genshiken continues to be its best when its focusing on Madarame.

GAMARAN

Gama broke one of the most steadfast rules of Shounen: never shows your "This is my ultimate attack" first; of course this will not work.

Akito

Kizu (end)

A story about two boys who were abandoned by their parents and are struggling to find a reason to live on until one of them discovers that he could absorb wounds from others and eventually even transfer them to someone else. It's a really interesting setting but I think the story could not quite live up to that, the moral of the story was ultimately "Do not give up, something good will happen eventually".

survivor

Banned
Again!! 29

pvtjJEU.png

I will never get tired of Imamura's faces in this manga. Didn't think he would take the lazy route once he took temporary control of the club.

Korosenai

Toriko BB Corn Arc

Wow, Grinpatch is one weird dude (wanting to actually eat Toriko and drooling at the thought of it) and it was cool to see Toriko getting long ranged attacks. I'm also glad Terry found a food he likes, as well as Toriko picking his Hors d'Oeuvre.

Koimoku 1-7

Goddammit Lim Dal Young!

I love how there's such needless melodrama and vicious eyes in a series about manga serialization. It's like how Nononono was a series about ski jumping, yet had a ton of despair in it.

JUMP TOC.
Gintama (Cover, Lead CP)
Toriko
Bleach
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
World Trigger
One Piece (Absent)
En Musubi no Kami!? Makkey (CP, One Shot)
Nisekoi
Kuroko no Basket
Haikyuu!!
Sket Dance
Koisuru Edison
Beelzebub
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Medaka Box
Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san
Hungry Joker
Cross・Manage

One Piece, Naruto (Absent)

Issue 17:
Cover, Lead CP: Kuroko no Basket
CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Sporting Salt (One Shot by Kubota Yuuto)

FYC

Banned
D. Gray Man Volume 9

E8Ux7vn.png

Hot damn, Allen's innocence form is badass. Good stuff all around, and judging by the preview screencap at the end, I'll get the fight I've been waiting for; Allen vs the Millenium Earl!

Let's go~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom