• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

brb crying in a corner

image.php

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It stays pretty consistent throughout.

Though that could be a bad thing. Looking back the format of each match is a little too similar.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Those are for the small teams though. For the teams who are essentially bosses, it's always deimon being crushed but then turning the tides because of reasons, usually having to do with sena powering up or something. :p

Which does make the matches more exciting.

The only issue I had with the first 7 ES21 chapters was it seemed to throw a lot of characters at me and it was hard to tell if they were or weren't important outside of the main 3 plus the girl

Kurita

Wwwhhhhhaaaaaaattttt??? I guess I'm just spoiled by all the One Piece figures that are out.

Actually I feel the same way haha
One Piece gets so many great figures, I'm disappointed other series don't get the same treatment.

The only issue I had with the first 7 ES21 chapters was it seemed to throw a lot of characters at me and it was hard to tell if they were or weren't important outside of the main 3 plus the girl

Well, nearly all the named characters are recurring characters, so you'll often see them in the crowd watching the matches and whatnot.
Some characters from the opposite teams even get some good character development.

Kurita

Well, you can soon blow all of your money at once for this

ce8go288v7c8em24q.jpg

I know, but 340€ is a lot of money... Not really worth it imo, it doesn't look that great.
I wish Megahouse or an other good manufacturer would release great figures for Eyeshield 21, like the Portrait of Pirates ones...

People need to read blade of the immortal to recognise Hiroaki Samura as the amazing artist that he is.

You don't know what you're doing to me, seriously.

Spider-Man Manga 1-4

There's some surprisingly nice art in this but the writing is utterly atrocious. It's almost painful to read at times with crap like "THE ELECTRIC MAN ELECTRO" being constantly repeated by multiple characters, multiple times.

will read more

That's exactly what I meant. I also hate how the manga basically just jumps from scene to scene, without a proper flow. And yes, I'll totally read more.

wonzo

Banned
That's exactly what I meant. I also hate how the manga basically just jumps from scene to scene, without a proper flow. And yes, I'll totally read more.
Yeah, there's really no sense of any kind of coherency to the pacing of pretty much anything in this. It's kind of amazing when you really begin to think about it.

It also makes me wonder if the original Wolf Guy had it's own rape namek as I find it hard to believe such a scene would last longer than half a page given it's the same author and all.

Moon Walker II (one shot)
tumblr_mn3odbmgrj1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Excellent character design, if only he wasnt fated to be trapped in a one shot never to be seen again :( Really made the story shine as most of the other stuff happening felt a bit on the messy and too fast side, but still if we could see Gaia do tons more cool stuff, I would love it.

Spider-Man Manga 1-4

There's some surprisingly nice art in this but the writing is utterly atrocious. It's almost painful to read at times with crap like "THE ELECTRIC MAN ELECTRO" being constantly repeated by multiple characters, multiple times.

will read more

I got bored and jumped a few chapters forward.

It gets good! It stops trying to be a superhero manga and becomes a psychological horror-esque one. Not really the best in its genre but definitely interesting to read.

Yeah, there's really no sense of any kind of coherency to the pacing of pretty much anything in this. It's kind of amazing when you really begin to think about it.

It also makes me wonder if the original Wolf Guy had it's own rape namek as I find it hard to believe such a scene would last longer than half a page given it's the same author and all.

I remember reading that the original Wolf Guy didn't have any rape at all and was much less violent. God, why did you have to bring up Wolf Guy, fuck. I just remember how I marathoned it from the first to the last chapter in one night, only to get that ending. Holy fucking shit.

wonzo

Banned
Normally I'd page wonzo, but chances are that he knows about this already.
given what he reads at times, he more likely does know
lol

I really should start Blade of the Immortal sometime.

I got bored and jumped a few chapters forward.

It gets good! It stops trying to be a superhero manga and becomes a psychological horror-esque one. Not really the best in its genre but definitely interesting to read.
Interesting, looks like I made the right decision.

I remember reading that the original Wolf Guy didn't have any rape at all and was much less violent. God, why did you have to bring up Wolf Guy, fuck. I just remember how I marathoned it from the first to the last chapter in one night, only to get that ending. Holy fucking shit.
One can never escape the Wolf Guy. :(

"Hard to follow"? Now you're just deliberately trying to hurt Kurita's feelings.
ahaha.wav
One single opinion can changes yours? Woah.
Sometimes I really don't understand you.
My opinion changes theirs :d

Ahem

Eyeshield 21 150 - 200
Pffeeew, guess I'll take a break.
It was interesting to see every player used / making a move in the match.

Wolf Guy is truly a work of modern art.
Rape is a story device - The manga

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fullmetal Alchemist vol.3

Still an entertaining read but nothing too special for the moment.

What's special about it is the fact its so well put together for a manga. The entire thing has already been thought all the way through and you can find the threads that lead to the ending very early on. It's just plain quality.

Kurita

What's special about it is the fact its so well put together for a manga. The entire thing has already been thought all the way through and you can find the threads that lead to the ending very early on. It's just plain quality.

Yeah that's what people told me. Guess I'll discover that soon enough.
Might be too early for me to say that though, but I believe you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom