• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbyugi

ok cool

another question

you mean world war II right?

also

I wouldn't be surprised if its Minamoto holding back that causes shit to go bad

1. I think so, it's the one where the espers are fighting for the first time.
2. I agree, though it'll be a while off before any of that happens.

Zettai Karen Children

1. I think so, it's the one where the espers are fighting for the first time.
2. I agree, though it'll be a while off before any of that happens.

1. Cool
should be when Hyobu lost his comrades plus that asshole who tried to kill him

2. We'll see but when though is the question :(

dumbyugi

Zettai Karen Children

1. Cool
should be when Hyobu lost his comrades plus that asshole who tried to kill him

2. We'll see but when though is the question :(

1. Yeah that's what it seems to be.

2. That stuff won't happen until they're adults and they're still in middle school so I would say it's will be quite a while until it happens, if it happens at all.

Village

Hmm I read that... thing, and now I wish to venture more into weird shit.

Anyone have any yandere manga, I wish to venture weird.

Eyeshield 21 1-7

Dat art man holy crap, Sena is a freak of nature not sure how they'll pull off the dual identity plot line for an extended period of time.

Village

Oniichan Control
Love Tyrant
Future Diary
Abnormal-kei Joshi
Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan

I have read all of that... that was some of the most freudian shit i have ever seen.

I should clairfy that these people do not have to be murderous soceopaths. I am ok with light stuff.

Lain

ToLove-Ru Darkness vol 2
mVo.jpg

I think I saw a pussy in this volume.
So, who is this evil female mastermind that is attempting to kill Rito? I'm quite curious.
Momo's harem plan is proceeding full steam ahead and it seems to be going smoothly so far.
Rito as a girl is the best btw. The transformation should be permanent.

bigkrev

ToLove-Ru Darkness vol 2

I think I saw a pussy in this volume.
So, who is this evil female mastermind that is attempting to kill Rito? I'm quite curious.
Momo's harem plan is proceeding full steam ahead and it seems to be going smoothly so far.
Rito as a girl is the best btw. The transformation should be permanent.

I really should stop reading vanilla To Love Ru and just move onto this, right?

Adventure of Sinbad 3-4

I knew Darius was the spy. This is pretty good. I like how Badr put Daruis and the whole village in their place. Pretty sad ending for his life. I would not put it passed Patrevia´s soldier to kill him though.

So I might have a problem guys, I just sat down writing all the series that I've either had interest in reading or seen you guys reading and want to check out and oh god what have I done.

Currently Reading: Monster

To Read:

Air Gear
Aku no Hana
Baby Steps
Beelzebub
Black Butler
Buso Renkin
Detective Conan
Dr. Slump
Elfen Lied
Eyeshield 21
Fist of the North Star
Gantz
Gintama
Hellsing
High School of the Dead
Inuyasha
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Kekkaishi
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Prince of Tennis
Psyren
Ranma 1/2
Rave Master
Reborn!
Sailor Moon
Saint Seiya
Shaman King
Silver Spoon
Slam Dunk
Soul Eater
The World God Only Knows
Trigun/Maximum
To Love-Ru/Darkness
Zettai Karen Children

What have I done D:

Read Soul Eater first, and put Vinland Saga on your list.
There, done.

Soul Eater is better than all of these combined.

Village

Soul Eater doesn't make sense anymore. I don't want to inflict a series I know goes to shit on someone.

Same reason I took out Kekkaishi.

It went to shit when they decided that main character would be a side character, and all the side characters could hold up their own manga's.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There is only so many Law and Order episodes I can watch before getting burned out.

I marathoned Conan on two separate occasions and both times I had to call it quits after 100 or so chapters. Its episodic nature really doesn't play well if you are gonna be reading 10 volumes very quickly.

Very true. The best way to do it is to just read a few arcs a week. The chapters are getting released on a completed case basis so its not like there is a rush. That said there are a few longer arcs that are very hard to put down later on.

That said the episodic nature works well with the weekly schedule, there's always something happening.

Read Soul Eater first, and put Vinland Saga on your list.

Soul Eater is better than all of these combined.

Soul Eater is OK at times, nothing to go crazy about.

Soul Eater doesn't make sense anymore. I don't want to inflict a series I know goes to shit on someone.

Kekkaishi isn't that far out there plot wise, it just has some awkward translations. Anyways making sense is overrated. Speaking of which...

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated Volume 1

This is pretty good. Weirdly funny and creepy and unpredictable and borderline incomprehensible sometimes. Plays with perspective in some pretty crazy ways.

Soul Eater is OK at times, nothing to go crazy about.

Kekkaishi isn't that far out there plot wise, it just has some awkward translations. Anyways making sense is overrated. Speaking of which...

Soul Eater has Medusa, Stein and Death The Kid. The manga should be read for Medusa alone, the best female villain and most likely character in manga.

Araki probably couldn't even take a shit as bad as Soul Eater even if he tried
Ahahahahaha lol.

Kusagari

Finally getting around to reading Part 5 of JoJo

JoJo Vento Aureo Volume 1

I was surprised to see Jotaro once again involved from the get-go. That dude really is in every arc after Part 3 isn't he? Giorno seems pretty cool so far, far cooler than I expected anyway.

"THIS TASTE IS THE TASTE OF A LIAR!" :lol

I was surprised to see Jotaro once again involved from the get-go. That dude really is in every arc after Part 3 isn't he? Giorno seems pretty cool so far, far cooler than I expected anyway.

Giorno is, as far as coolness goes, closest to Jotaro but still not quite the stoic, characterless type. Nice change of pace between Josuke and Jolyne.

You can look forward to the most brutal and gruesome part of the series.

Binbougami ga 61

Hah, so this is how they're going to bring back "dead" characters. I'm cool with it, but man were the last few chapters a really convincing display of despair. Oh well, the series is at its best when it's all happy and funny.

fertygo

And he never appear again.. kinda same for Giorno later lol

dumbyugi

Zettai Karen Children worth going through for the modern arc? Can I skip the early 10 or so volumes and still get a good feel for the story?

You could probably get an alright feel for the story but I wouldn't suggest skipping any of it, if you don't like the series before the time skip you probably won't like it after.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sora no otoshimono 71

Yo.

YO.

Why is this getting so real right now? Goddamn.

I know it gets serious from time to time, but this is crazy.

Why are all of my comedy smut series now killing off everyone? I mean, they'll probably come back through some bullshit way, but still.

Articalys

dumbyugi, how often do you visit the M-H WSJ thread?

And for anyone wondering, the rumor consists of the fact that the nisekoi.jp domain has been registered to Shueisha.

dumbyugi

dumbyugi, how often do you visit the M-H WSJ thread?

And for anyone wondering, the rumor consists of the fact that the nisekoi.jp domain has been registered to Shueisha.

Fairly often, but I usually get my stuff from a twitter friend who I assume just hits refresh on the MH WSJ thread all day.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That one is not even on my list, but I saw the anime. Do I still need to read it?

Depends on which anime you watched.

If it's the original one, YES, read it. The story is so much better aka crazier.

If it's ultimate, then no because it's a pretty faithful adaptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom