• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Shit I walk away and I miss a Pokemon conversation too?? The hell??

Is it weird that shuppet may be my favorite? It's only because of a beast of a deck I ran a year or two ago with him, but goddam I love shuppet.

upandaway

Medaka Box

I guess that serves as proof that I'll never get used to Medaka Box's plot shenanigans. I literally have 0% of a clue what next chapter will be

FYC

Banned
D. Gray Man Volume 13

1rzKG99.png

Goddamn this Ark... Arc is awesome. Another great fight, a little bit of Lavi backstory, Tyki's new form is fantastic, and finally, we meet General Cross at the end.

... I don't want it to end in 3 volumes :(

upandaway

Shit I walk away and I miss a Pokemon conversation too?? The hell??

Is it weird that shuppet may be my favorite? It's only because of a beast of a deck I ran a year or two ago with him, but goddam I love shuppet.
I have 5 favorites that I really really like. If I had 1 more I could build a team with them, so that's a bit disappointing.

Mael

Manga News/Discussion |OT9| Every Opinion Sucks

Modern standards are shit.

Off Topic Example (that is actually on topic): Hunter X Hunter anime in 2012 vs Original HxH anime.

Come at me.

Well...
But HxH 2012 is better...
What?
But the music is shit and the effects are lame in the GI part!
"oh wow, that's the most pages this thread got overnight that i can remember! let's see what caus- oh"

".....oh"

Yes!
RDB0P4s.png
The new anime got a lot better at Yorkshin and kept being that way. They're at the Razor match in GI right now and it's really really really satisfying, a lot more than the old anime.

Not to mention, with this recent track record of more lenient censorship, they're doing the Ant arc. You gotta jump back, man. You just gotta.

I'll say the Laser match is not that bad.
I hate how they made the effects of Book/Gain so lame now and the music is really not that good in that part (especially during the match).
Also it's a bit more sloppy but that's what you get for not being an OAV...
As for the censorship how can you say that?
They literally censored the head being smashed of Bobopobo!

No I'm making a logical explanation. Mass popularity has absolutely nothing to do with the quality (or lack of) of a work. One Piece has everything it takes to be a massively popular series and more, but unlike the Japanese market it's been treated terribly in the Western market and literally destroyed any chance of it having any exposure.
Wat?
When did One Piece become unpopular here (and by here I don't mean the US).
One Piece is pretty huge in Europe and South America.

(for an anime/manga, that is)

It was at one point litterally the only thing you'd get out of cable networks that wasn't Dragon Ball reruns (and we're getting that since the 90's here, it's THAT old here).
Heck the Strong World movie was even featured heavily outside the manga/anime circles, that never happened for Naruto or Bleach for example.

Kusagari

Medaka Box

1351173135137_zps69a47933.jpg

You know, the manga continuing was worth it to finally see Zenkichi stand up to Medaka and not put up with her assuming he'll do whatever she wants.

We can only hope he doesn't wuss out like always.

upandaway

I'll say the Laser match is not that bad.
I hate how they made the effects of Book/Gain so lame now and the music is really not that good in that part (especially during the match).
Also it's a bit more sloppy but that's what you get for not being an OAV...
As for the censorship how can you say that?
They literally censored the head being smashed of Bobopobo!
Well it's not like they were gonna animate the full smash detail eyeball-for-eyeball. Same with Bomber's Release, there's a limit to what we're gonna see in color here. It's enough that he remained headless after the fact. You're free to fix me if I'm wrong but I don't remember the old anime going that far (been a while since I watched it). Also I remember the old OVA being sloppier in terms of art and animation. I even went to check one episode on a whim and this was all over the episode

Agreed that the music isn't too crazy (I really liked it in the OVA) but it's not disconnecting either.

But this isn't really my point here anyway, I was just trying to say to Stat that the new anime is worth it

Mael

Well it's not like they were gonna animate the full smash detail eyeball-for-eyeball. Same with Bomber's Release, there's a limit to what we're gonna see in color here. It's enough that he remained headless after the fact. You're free to fix me if I'm wrong but I don't remember the old anime going that far (been a while since I watched it). Also I remember the old OVA being sloppier in terms of art and animation. I even went to check one episode on a whim and this was all over the episode

I have the Dvds I'll check later but I know that the manga is way more graphic.
About the art I don't think we can complain here (the old OAV is pretty close to the manga but then again it's Togashi so I don't think we can complain either way).

Agreed that the music isn't too crazy (I really liked it in the OVA) but it's not disconnecting either.

But this isn't really my point here anyway, I was just trying to say to Stat that the new anime is worth it

I'm very sensitive to the music and I'd say that's very important, it's way better than the start that I thought was really not that good (where's Kaito? why are they speeding so much? did they really do 1 volume in 1 episode?...).
But I just checked the latest episodes and while I prefer the old OAV I can't say it's unwatchable at all.
It's really really good and if that's how they'll do the CA arc, I'll be there day1 to watch it.
I still prefer the old voice of Hisoka and Laser. Especially Hisoka.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I vaguely remember something of the sort too.

Someone should check before it is getting Amiroxed, hahaha.

You can't edit posts from a locked thread, but even if you could, I'm pretty sure he said he had read Naruto Part I from earlier, although I'm fairly certain he didn't claim to be a "huge fanboy."

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Zenkichi box 186

Nice to see zenkichi manning up once again.

Though does medaka actually parting ways means that zenkichi box is happening? One can hope.

TrueBlue

When this is your introduction to a series it leaves a long, painful memory that is hard to give a second chance. Like going on a date with the most beautiful and smartest girl in school and five minutes into the date she throws up on you, that moment is going to haunt you for a long time.

YO.

Mael

When this is your introduction to a series it leaves a long, painful memory that is hard to give a second chance. Like going on a date with the most beautiful and smartest girl in school and five minutes into the date she throws up on you, that moment is going to haunt you for a long time.

OMG this opening is....
My mind is blown, it's hilarious and awesome for all the wrong reasons.
It's on par with what they did to Hokuto no Ken here, like I'm speechless.

Dynedom

The Breaker: New Waves

Hopefully the pattern of battle manwha is fulfilled and the Gaju has gone through enough shit to mount his comeback. I mean, how much worse can it get before he's given a damn break. Urgh.

Karate Minoru

The Tachibana Special: its super effective!

Skab

DAMN IT.

I clinked that link half an hour ago and now its stuck in my head. I'm going to be hearing this shit in my mind all fucking day.

FUCK

Qvoth

gintama 437
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
so apparently the movie is called something like gintama ending arc?
is this another hoax?
oh man can't believe gintama's ending if true... ; ;

Medaka Box

Zenkichi and Medaka are still engaged correct? If he left school that would mean they'd get married and Zenkichi would finally get to do what he's wanted since the successor arc
beat dat ass
so who knows what'll happen.

Assassination Classroom 34

Random Toradora reference, and was Karma-kun playing a 3DS? Sugino was really awesome and so happy looking but more importantly cant wait to see Board Chairman vs Korosensei. Board Chairman's stance and pose looked quite epic really.

I wonder if theres a way to decipher Korosensei's coloring.

Defuser

Assassination classroom
This baseball chapter is awesome with Korosensei using himself as a opponent to train class E and now they fucking owning the opponents. Now the biggest obstacle is the chairman, this guy is definitely not normal at all.

gintama 437
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
so apparently the movie is called something like gintama ending arc?
is this another hoax?
oh man can't believe gintama's ending if true... ; ;

It's referencing ep 53 of Gintama.

mvGacU6.png

Kurita

Nobunaga No Chef 1

Really liked this first chapter. Ken's dishes look so delicious...
It's cool to have a cooking manga set in the past.

Now, off to watch the first episode of the drama.

FYC

Banned
D. Gray Man Volume 14

IdfuPZX.png

Nice wrap up to the battles in the Ark. The entire Ark section is probably my favorite part of D Gray Man so far, really enjoyed it overall. Hoshino keeps teasing a fight with the Earl only to have him run away before it starts, damn it! Oh well. Earl is still a very fun villain at any rate. The new villain from Central introduced seems kinda silly, with the hitler moustache and whatnot. Laying it on a bit thick.

FrdPdxb.png

Lots of mystery introduced this volume as well. Yay. At the end, a new Noah invaded the Black Order. This is where I've heard it starts going bad. Nevertheless, I have the next two volumes sitting behind me. Wonder if I should read the ones after 15/16 considering all the bad things I've read, or pretend they don't exist and make up my own ending.

Sometimes, that's for the best.

His Favorite v3
tumblr_mjpek8aP7a1qbxqfpo1_500.png

So glad viz gives us a color page each volume, cant wait for the next one. Lots of the chapter cover pages were great, as I love seeing Awkward Yoshida, too bad they didnt actually do anything fun in the summer or go to the beach. Though still a bit on the slower side of things at least he wants to actually go on a date with Sato, and also is thinking of finally doing it, and admits that he is going out with him. Side characters really got some good development, like Makimura and his good commentary, Torachiin and Yoshi Yoshi, and even a new love interest for Yoshida. All of which adding up to a super hilarious volume. I wish this would get an anime, itd make a good one, even seeing the rabid obsessed girls.

Fairy Tail 323

So another traveler from the future appears, deceit is in the air and the truth should finally start coming to light... Next week

scy

We go Ajimu Box 1 because Medaka finally graduates withdraws from school.

We'll probably get emo Medaka for a bit or she'll just say fuck it and stay instead of the normal Zenkichi forced to do things bit.

Or any of the other quadrillion possible options

survivor

Banned
Anyone else like to listen to music while reading manga?
I always listen to music when I'm reading 5cm per Second or Sakamichi no Apollon. But all other manga, I generally try to avoid it cause it can destroy the atmosphere of a scene by playing the wrong type of music.

Nothing can be that stupid. Ok maybe the other moe one from the year before. Or the moe Romance of the Three Kingdoms thingies. The new one and the old one. Urgh.

The one by Brains Base had few good episodes.

Yume Yume Shinjuu 4

Will probably be a sad ending the way this is going, waking up and being chained by Takumi, realizing the harsh past of killing his best friend, I dont know how Yuzuru will be able to handle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom