• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Real Clothes 29

Good good, she might be grieving a little now but at least she's getting over it.

Also the restaurant owner feels like a reference to oishi kankei.

flawfuls

Sounds like actual work was done so no.

IIRC you had post like 100 times on their forums to get access or something stupid like that. I didn't make any sense because the forum was completely dead and I don't think a single person had that many posts.

survivor

Banned
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 3

So pretty. I keep getting a vibe that there is something big happening behind the scenes, but I just don't see the story changing format and I really don't mind if it doesn't cause I'm loving it the way it is right now.

Another short volume :( I really hope not all of them are 130 pages cause that means I'm only getting 9 standard volumes instead of the current 14.

IIRC you had post like 100 times on their forums to get access or something stupid like that. I didn't make any sense because the forum was completely dead and I don't think a single person had that many posts.
This is so stupid. Doing all this hard and long work on translating the thing and then not letting the majority of people to access it.

wonzo

Banned
Rika 1-13
rika6.png
rika10.png

When I think of Aristotle, I totally think of a guy masturbating to a picture of his younger sister when she was in the 4th grade in a swimsuit with a nipple slip, said sister giving it back to him wanting a kiss in return and a good old fashioned cousin fucking. Truly an intellectual manga for intellectual peoples.

survivor

Banned
lol, so apparently the UK Embassy in Korea has sponsored a webtoon called Noru. It's about a post apocalyptic world where there are no more resources and humanity is fucked. You can read all 19 chapters here

You can also read the PR for the webtoon if you are curious about that stuff

Girls of the Wild's

Wow. Dal Dal vs. Sunbae right out of the gate. Go Dal Dal. It will be nice seeing the 2 girls going full power. It will probably end up in a draw.
Girl's the Wild 82

Dayum man don't make me choose one of the other *shakes fists* This conflict was telegraphed a mile as well.
Heathen, chose Dal Dal every single time :D

Dresden

My Girl 1~3 - mizu sahara

Love her color work.

The actual manga art doesn't live up to them: they're good, but not great. I wonder if that 'rumor' about her working for Ghibli has any substance to it.

As for the manga itself, the setup is totally Bunny Drop--a young man has to take care of a young girl--but the opening chapters lack its charm, and the start of the story feels so contrived, too. It's not very appealing. I'll probably read more at some point, dunno.

ISOM

On the topic of unreadable shoujo, dropped Aishiteru Baby, probably going to drop Kare Kano, still evaluating Lovely Complex.

Probably going to keep with Oreesama Teacher though, just keep complaining about it is all.

I enjoyed aishiteru baby, loved kare kano, and loved lovely complex sucks for you that you are dropping them. I dropped Oreesama for the most part though.

Jintor

Aishiteru Baby has absolutely atrocious panelling. Atrocious. Kare Kano and Lovely Complex are on probation while I look at other stuff.

Jintor

Being able to read a thing comfortably is a pre-requisite to enjoying it

If I knew more about comic panelling I'd be able to articulate myself better about it though, as it stands all I can tell is that some things are far, far easier to read than others

ISOM

As I said before I enjoyed it and I didn't see anything wrong with the paneling that would cause me to drop it entirely(Actually have read it twice), I guess you didn't. Not a big deal.

Qvoth

world trigger 6
really hope this doesn't get cancelled so soon like takamahagara...
i just want a new shonen manga that's not sports and is actually somewhat long running

Jintor

As I said before I enjoyed it and I didn't see anything wrong with the paneling that would cause me to drop it entirely(Actually have read it twice), I guess you didn't. Not a big deal.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get shot by a monkey today.

Akito

Aishiteruze Baby does often go a little overboard with the "shoujo paneling" so I'd recommend watching the anime if you like the story.

Berserk 245-247

vTGUMWC.jpg

This is all kinds of fucked up. Emperor of terror indeed. Femto seems rather harmless compared to him. Though it is clear that the emperor has no real chance. I expect that the Apostles are going to mess that place up.

Soma

Prison School Vol. 3

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkk

This is like the most intensely erotic thing I've read in a long time.

God damn Gakuto. Dude is like the bro-est of bros.

Berserk 252

Wow, did magic Missy's little elf seriously suggest a pairing between her and Guts? "You're in that age now" my ass, she's 12 at max. So this is where it's going with her ...

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Berserk 230-255

Seriously, I'm just LOVING this shit. It's so good. I'll have to compile a post about this later, but wow does Miura know how to create some likable characters. I can't hate on the nakama at all.

Seriously though, that Berserker armor? HOLY SHIT.

Also, the art in this manga is so good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Domina no do 1-15

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOly shit. I kinda saw that coming but not to that extent goddamn. A true smuterpiece.

There's something really gnarly in those bottles isn't there?

Waratte! Sotomura-san 3

This is pretty cute. Kinda like yandere kanojo except that instead of a yankee who does cute stuff it's a girl who looks like a yankee who actually just does cute stuff.

riei3oS.png

uUrgwsi.png

Berserk 245-247

vTGUMWC.jpg

This is all kinds of fucked up. Emperor of terror indeed. Femto seems rather harmless compared to him. Though it is clear that the emperor has no real chance. I expect that the Apostles are going to mess that place up.

I really need to re-read Berserk because i don´t remember much after the sacrifice.

Jintor

I'm really enjoying it, even though the main character is not very Yankee really

I was thinking about it and I actually haven't seen the "Face of a Thug" trope applied to a girl before. Though I'm probably just not looking hard enough

Yamada and the Seven Witches 7 - 19
tumblr_m8jo78AKe21rdw6d7o1_500.png

If only there were more moments and not just one like every ten chapters (well there was the moment where yamada and miyamura were both in the girls bodies, though were going to kiss, but its just not the same_. Miyamura and Odagiri plot for getting the presidents seat has given some interesting moments, but I think the writer made it way too obvious even at the introduction of it, that she had some sort of power, especially with Ushio. I like this new ability of getting whoever he kisses to fall in love with him.

survivor

Banned
My Girl 1~3 - mizu sahara

Love her color work.

The actual manga art doesn't live up to them: they're good, but not great. I wonder if that 'rumor' about her working for Ghibli has any substance to it.

As for the manga itself, the setup is totally Bunny Drop--a young man has to take care of a young girl--but the opening chapters lack its charm, and the start of the story feels so contrived, too. It's not very appealing. I'll probably read more at some point, dunno.

I only read the first volume, but I remember not liking the way the girl acted. Felt too mature for her age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom