• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hinatama 8
tumblr_mjt4u2GdL71qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really adorable moments and funny too with Ikuto, Hayato, and Ayato. Little Amano but that was really a good moment when they had the phone call and Ayato smiles all brightly just to hear his voice.

First you tell me to read Magi and now it's Vinland Saga? Make up your mind! :D

:D

Vinland Saga is a Seinen manga, and honestly i prefer it to Berserk. It´s 91 chapters long so far, so you can probably catch up in a week or 2. It´s monthly manga and the author does not go on hiatus. It´s about fucking Vikings. Get to it :D

Magi is a very good Shonen.

On top of my to read list 7 seeds and Vagabond. I hear that Vagabond Takehik Inoue have also hiatus like Berserk and HXH.

Berserk 252

Wow, did magic Missy's little elf seriously suggest a pairing between her and Guts? "You're in that age now" my ass, she's 12 at max. So this is where it's going with her ...

LOL

On top of my to read list 7 seeds and Vagabond. I hear that Vagabond Inoue have also hiatus like Berserk and HXH.

That hiatus is done now iirc.

I'm just waiting until its over before i continue

Vinland saga is better than magi.

Read it.

:D

Vinland Saga is a Seinen manga, and honestly i prefer it to Berserk. It´s 91 chapters long so far, so you can probably catch up in a week or 2. It´s monthly manga and the author does not go on hiatus. It´s about fucking Vikings. Get to it :D

Magi is a very good Shonen.

On top of my to read list 7 seeds and Vagabond. I hear that Vagabond Takehik Inoue have also hiatus like Berserk and HXH.
I have about a gazillion of other manga on my list and I usually decide on a random basis. There's no ranked list in that sense for me. But yes, I will add Vinland Saga to my list.

Both are godly mangas. I can't pick which I love more.
I will start with 7 seeds because i need some more variety in my manga. I will wait for Vagabond unitl it´s finished or when i have plenty of time. Rewading 300+ chapters is main reason of why i keep delaying reading it. On another note i read 300 chapters of Berserk in a week. I mean there´s like 50 chapters worth of pages where Guts cuts people :D
LOL

That hiatus is done now iirc.

I'm just waiting until its over before i continue
That might be a good advice. I hate waiting for HXH and Berserk.
I have about a gazillion of other manga on my list and I usually decide on a random basis. There's no ranked list in that sense for me. But yes, I will add Vinland Saga to my list.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Top 3 Best Shoujo (7 Seeds doesn't count)

Oresama Teacher
Akagami No Shirayukihime
Love So Life
It's nice of you to exclude 7 Seeds. It really wouldn't be fair to the other manga.
I will start with 7 seeds because i need some more variety in my manga. I will wait for Vagabond unitl it´s finished or when i have plenty of time. Rewading 300+ chapters is main reason of why i keep delaying reading it. On another note i read 300 chapters of Berserk in a week. I mean there´s like 50 chapters worth of pages where Guts cuts people :D
To say it with your own words: "Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss"

Just hammer through the first two volumes and you're in for a treat.

Steroyd

AKB49 - Volume 7

So Okabe, Minori and Yoshinaga get selected to do a single debut, they get the carrot dangling before them of promotion to the regulars all they have to do is sell 130k copies, and when that much gets sold they get the promotion, not matter how long it takes.

So now they're in the process of recruiting talent to build their CD single... wait a minute is that composer responsible for...

Shitjustgotreal.gif

Wiseblade

They're both amazing.

You know what I don't like about York Shin? The Mafia is worthless. How can you have all these elite members of the criminal underworld and not one of them is capable of anything? The Shadow Troupe/Hisoka/Kurapika parts are great, but the Mafia are a significant part of that story and they simply fall flat.

survivor

Banned
I only know Kaiji and Akagi, how are his other series?

Gambling Emperor Legend Zero is pretty much just another Kaiji, but the MC isn't as sympathetic as Kaiji. However the games are fucking amazing. In all honesty, I would put Zero Part 1 on par with Kaiji Part 1 and it's much better than second part of Kaiji.

Then there is Legend of the Strongest Man, Kurosawa which isn't about mind games, but the journey of a man to become a legend. It's really a great read filled with many tears.

There are 2 other manga that Fukumoto collaborated with Kaiji Kawaguchi for the art so for once you will be able to read a Fukumuto manga with good art. The first one is Confession which features a great psychological battle between two climbers trapped in a cabinet and are about to kill each other. The other is Seizon - Life which is a good crime mystery manga. Both are good reads.

Well yeah, there's a lot. Then again I've reread them so many times in the past few years. The manga is pretty inspirational.

7 Seeds has a very old school shoujo art style to it though. Many gave up on it because of it. I say give it a chance until you get to the Winter Arc.

Well yeah, there's a lot. Then again I've reread them so many times in the past few years. The manga is pretty inspirational.

7 Seeds has a very old school shoujo art style to it though. Many gave up on it because of it. I say give it a chance until you get to the Winter Arc.
While it's true that the art isn't very appealing or fitting for that kind of story, it does get better over time.

Kurita

Zero is pretty much Kaiji redux, dunno bout Hero but all his other manga are great for me.

Gambling Emperor Legend Zero is pretty much just another Kaiji, but the MC isn't as sympathetic as Kaiji. However the games are fucking amazing. In all honesty, I would put Zero Part 1 on par with Kaiji Part 1 and it's much better than second part of Kaiji.

Then there is Legend of the Strongest Man, Kurosawa which isn't about mind games, but the journey of a man to become a legend. It's really a great read filled with many tears.

There are 2 other manga that Fukumoto collaborated with Kaiji Kawaguchi for the art so for once you will be able to read a Fukumuto manga with good art. The first one is Confession which features a great psychological battle between two climbers trapped in a cabinet and are about to kill each other. The other is Seizon - Life which is a good crime mystery manga. Both are good reads.

Hmm, I see. Thanks, some of these seem interesting.

I so did not like how Caska looked in the first 50 chapters. I´m not sure why but her mouth bugged me a lot.

You know what I don't like about York Shin? The Mafia is worthless. How can you have all these elite members of the criminal underworld and not one of them is capable of anything? The Shadow Troupe/Hisoka/Kurapika parts are great, but the Mafia are a significant part of that story and they simply fall flat.

The mafia had those 10 members that supposed to be really powerful. The spiders are so damn over powered. But i can see your point though. The mafia looked like shit. i mean they are supposed to have quite powerful body guards.

So Akagami gets much better later on? I read the first volume for the bet with gunbo, but I wasn't that big on it.

Love So Life was too cute.

I like it. It's simple and a nice palette cleanser after reading something like Berserk, Vinland Saga or Shingeki No Kyojin.

It does have a bit of a same face syndrome going on, though. I wish she'd fix that. How far is the manga in Japan anyway?

I don't know. I'm trying to not even google it. I don't want to spoil the story. :p

Wiseblade

The mafia had those 10 members that supposed to be really powerful. The spiders are so damn over powered. But i can see your point though. The mafia looked like shit. i mean they are supposed to have quite powerful body guards.

And Uvo kills like all of those by himself in a single night. I get that they were Worfed to highlight how powerful the Spiders are, but Togashi went too far. The Mafia's incompetence reaches the point where you end up wondering how they got to be so influential in the first place.

K - Stray Dog Story 5 (end) [ends at the start of anime ep 1]
tumblr_mjt7sj9LZA1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This prequel to the story adding backstory for Kuroh that the anime didnt give is an excellent piece to the whole series and while short, was fun and entertaining. I liked a few of the cameos from Homra and other characters that we saw in the anime. This final chapter had lots of good panels for Kuroh, Tatara's video moment, and even Isana, kind of want to rewatch the anime yet again now.

They serve their job of jobbers well

dramatis

Yamada and the Seven Witches 50

I know Grimace is angry about the translation but man it's all good fun.

Right now the plot is driving the story and that's great, because we don't get paralysis in every chapter, but I wonder what happens after Yamada finds all the witches and solves all their problems?

The club needs a bigger clubroom.

Kurita

REAL vol.7

Wow, finally, a volume without tears! I guess Takahashi is the one experiencing the saddest moments. Since he was not in this volume...
The volume focused on the match against the Dreams which was pretty cool. I hope Ryo will become interested in basketball.

survivor

Banned
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 4
CFQjlZk.jpg

I can't stress enough how much I love this manga. They really nailed down atmosphere and the entire cast is just full of wonderful characters.

So what was up with chapter 26? Is that another Alpha model flying in that big airplane? Will she appear again? Will we ever get a flashback of the time she was down there?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No, she's always up there observing the ground from what I remember.

As I've said, one of the best slice of life. Probably the best
apocalyptic
manga too.

survivor

Banned
No, she's always up there observing the ground from what I remember.

As I've said, one of the best slice of life. Probably the best
apocalyptic
manga too.

Ah I see.

I really do like these small hints at something bigger happening behind the scenes. The flying chapter and the one with the flashback of when they were trying to make Alpha were great.

Steroyd

AKB49 - Volume 8

This bunch of chapters had Okabe going from a Miku Hatsune cosplay to showing her deredere side.

I am simply not worthy.
bow.gif

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 4
CFQjlZk.jpg

I can't stress enough how much I love this manga. They really nailed down atmosphere and the entire cast is just full of wonderful characters.

So what was up with chapter 26? Is that another Alpha model flying in that big airplane? Will she appear again? Will we ever get a flashback of the time she was down there?
And another one for my list. I like the way it looks in that picture and it's simply the only reason. I know nothing about the story, so going in blind should be fun. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom