• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
reReading through dragonball, I did like the feeling of it early on when the power levels were at a reasonable range, though I think in the past, it then just kept exponentially increasing too much, it is funny seeing characters completely baffled at pl of near or around 1000.
tumblr_mjv9fxCto11qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Shino-chan wa Jibun no Namae ga Ienai 1-2

This hits a bit close to home, even if my social anxiety isn't anywhere NEAR as bad as this. Having mental disabilities in Japan must be pretty awful.

Also, this being by the Aku no Hana guy is kind of surreal.

Screaming Lessons 33

The toilet goddess was a pretty crappy 'deity'. Suzu must've been potty for wanting to become her friend. I'm not in the least bit surprised that it all turned to shit.
This is the only series I can think of where misunderstandings almost constantly make everything more delicious. If Rena had deserved to be
flushed
that's one thing, but the fact that she really cared for her just made her fate and Suzu's reckoning even more satisfying.

Also Yomi can even pull off toilet cleaning moe:

survivor

Banned
It actually reminds me of those bad fan coloured pages of the big 3 that you sometimes get at beginning/ending of each chapter. It's like no effort was put into it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also gathering the dragon balls turned into an afternoon in the park instead of some big adventure.

Well that's because the story focused on fighting after a certain point.

So Toriyama isn't the one doing the colors? I guess it explains why it looks so cheap.

You actually expected Toriyama to do anything himself?

Gin didn't even seem to get seriously wounded. Raingiku had her ovaries splattered on a building 300 yards away, and she was totally fine.

That annoying brat girl got cut in half, and she's fine.

Lose an arm? Fine.

Gin got his pec sliced and he dies.

Ikkaku, Renji, Chad, Haribel, Iceweasel kid... They all took far more serious wounds.

Deadliest move? Nipple slice. The source of Gin's power. Gone in an instant.

Gin got sliced by butterfly Aizen. Of course he would not survive it.

The egregious part was that Kira was retconned into the Fourth division in the past so he could deus ex heal Matsumoto despite Aizen having said he recruited Kira into the 5th Division immediately after graduating from Sword Ghost school.

Character fleshed out =/= retcon. We know that shinigami change division, hell even Unohana started healing instead of slicing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Character fleshed out =/= retcon. We know that shinigami change division, hell even Unohana started healing instead of slicing.

Aizen said he recruited Kira into the 5th Division immediately after graduating from Shinigami school and that he's had him there ever since. When would he have magically gotten into the Fourth division? Aizen specifically states in Ch. 173 that he did this and that he made them "Gin's and my direct subordinates" when they entered the 13 Squads so that they could use them. Aizen would have had to be lying in the middle of his villian reveal speech for it to make any sense that Kira was in the Fourth Division. It's an outright retcon at best, and at worst a plot hole.

Wiseblade

Yeah like Pel right?

Except Pell surviving is consistent with everything before and since. Buggy survived a super-powered cannon powerful enough to level a small town being shot directly into his face. Pagaya survived being consumed by a tower of lightning. Whitebeard (temporarily) survived having half his face melted off.

But this sort of behaviour is nautral for you. Someone says something negative about Bleach and you lash out like a child.

Except Pell surviving is consistent with everything before and since. Buggy survived a super-powered cannon powerful enough to level a small town being shot directly into his face. Pagaya survived being consumed by a tower of lightning. Whitebeard (temporarily) survived having half his face melted off.

But this sort of behaviour is nautral for you. Someone says something negative about Bleach and you lash out like a child.
How about you actually learn to read.
Whatever happened to Kira, the guy with the weight shikai?

His entire torso was destroyed. In any other manga it would be obvious he was dead.

And surviving severe wounds is consistent with Bleach. I guess you are being a hypocrite like always. Hypocrisy in this thread are the norm apparently.

And surviving severe wounds is consistent with Bleach. I guess you are being a hypocrite like always. Hypocrisy in this thread are the norm apparently.

It's only hypocrisy when you take the point out of context in an attempt to change the argument. The whole discussion started with it being ridiculous that Gin died from something so simple when all these other characters lived through ridiculous injuries.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Only way to kill a One Piece character is to be more poweful than a nuke?
tumblr_m6wkm7WXUW1qihztbo1_250.gif

Pell survivng that was total BS, and lowered the sense of danger within the series tremendously.

remz

If kubo wanted to make it consistent with bleach he needed to show gin getting ripped the fuck in half... or worse. I have no idea why the damage levels are so backward in bleach.

i guess he needed gin in one piece to deliver his dying speech, as opposed to shredded to bits so he'd believably die.

Only way to kill a One Piece character is to be more poweful than a nuke?

It's not about what it takes to kill someone in the series, it's about the precedence set in the series. Gin in bleach would be akin to all the people living so far in One Piece and then Usopp tripping off the boat in this week’s chapter and drowning. It'd seem more than a little stupid.

Pell surviving is dumb as shit. Orihime resurrecting the dead is dumb as shit. People getting their torsos blown apart and surviving is dumb as shit. It's all dumb as shit.

Kusagari

Considering it's a shonen, Gin could have been split in pieces and still have gotten a final speech out.

It really doesn't make any sense that a simple slice killed him so easily.

fertygo

All Kubo has to does, is not being lazy and draw wounds with white ink so its not looked like their guts ripped apart and fooling reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom