• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Ashita no Joe v7
Yeah, the cross-cross-cross-counter was dumb, getting yourself beaten to a pulp so that you might have a chance to pull it off was super dumb but that's mango logic for ya. Still, Joe's first real match was kinda entertaining but man, Rikiishi up next already, he's endgame material in most other manga.

Toriko is literally evil confirmed

FqPS8sR.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So break it down for me, homies. Madara busts out the moon and the tree, and everyone is in a jutsu. Are they seeing shit that's not there now, like happy no-war and stuff? When Hinata is saying Naruto's name, is she seeing fox wiener?

Also, where was Yamato? Up on the mount rushmore thing? This was one of those chapters where I got lost in some of the panels.
As far as I can tell, they just were frozen. They'll probably start seeing their dream world once they get attached to the tree. When Hinata was saying his name, she could tell that she was unable to move, so I'm pretty sure she knew she was still in the real world. I think she was just worried about Naruto, since everyone was pegging their hopes on him stopping Madara from doing this in the first place.

Yamato was versing Orochimaru last time I checked, so he's still on the battlefield near the Third. The Fourth probably Hiraishin'd to the Hokage monument for some reason.

RagnarokX

One Piece

King Elizabello II says he's not fully powered up yet and clearly punches with his left arm, so obviously he's saying "Right Version."

One Piece

King Elizabello II says he's not fully powered up yet and clearly punches with his left arm, so obviously he's saying "Right Version."
lol I caught that too

Anyway
His punch is pretty beast if you think about it

I thought it was just the fully charged punch that could cause damage but seeing a semi charged punch causing that much damage to Pica, it must mean he can throw down some hard hitting punches more rapidly in a fight

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
what Naruto comments?
some of the ones on the "good" scanlation team's release. I dunno I skimmed through the comments and it devolved into comments insulting the girls for the size of their boobs, like:

"if we're going by Sakura, the size of her boobs are actually more impressive than her value."

"Hinata just gets a free pass because recently she's just being written as having little to no flaws at all because she's the mangaka's little big-boobed angel."

So maybe I was exaggerating by the "their worth = boobs" but seriously, why even bother hating on these characters for that

too much NSFW stuff being talked about on Action Wednesdays

some of the ones on the "good" scanlation team's release. I dunno I skimmed through the comments and it devolved into comments insulting the girls for the size of their boobs, like:

"if we're going by Sakura, the size of her boobs are actually more impressive than her value."

"Hinata just gets a free pass because recently she's just being written as having little to no flaws at all because she's the mangaka's little big-boobed angel."

So maybe I was exaggerating by the "their worth = boobs" but seriously, why even bother hating on these characters for that

I just read the Toriko comments (which is mostly made up of people loving the manga and some people asking if they should read it)

but man this is hilarious

#NarutoFANSwhyyousofunny

Bleach

Not done by me

Bleach

Loving the Gluttony and Zombie abilities. And loving how Zaraki got wasted without any sweat.

The one who is coming is Chad. It looks like the Muerte :D

I dont think Chad or even Inoue will have any real purpose this arc anymore, there just arent any fodder characters left for them and they kind of served his purpose. Thankfully it ended up being Ichigo.

I read somewhere that he claims he's "drawing the air"
Apparently, clouds don't exist...

the only thing Kubo knows is blackness

blandness

white and black

simple colours

simple architecture

SIMPLICITY

Edit
--------------------------------

He draws well but he has no impact, no life in his work

the best way I could describe his illustration is this

A_tree_on_a_green_hill_garden-3d_wallpaper.jpg

No flowers, no clouds

Gbraga

Ok, I'm now up to date with Minamoto-kun Monogatari, the current arc is weird but after
yandere sensei
nothing can scare me anymore.

Now I'll either give Unbalance X Unbalance a shot (probably shouldn't) or start A method to make the gentle world

Naruto

I just catch up with Naruto from the moment Madara got Kyubi out of Naruto. I remember reading people not liking the series here, lot's of negative reaction toward where the story goes. I had to say, reading it all at once, I actually really enjoy it. many cool moment, Gai vs Madara sage, Naruto and Sasuke upgrade and teaming up vs Madara, I even enjoy the history lesson from the first sage of six path.

although I imagine getting a few flashback chapter in the middle of Naruto "death" can really sour the experience when you had to wait for it weekly. the storytelling also have it's problems, there's just too many character in the alliance who's not doing anything since this whole war is basically only against 2 or 3 people with Madara and 2 Zetsus versus everyone else. with Madara and black Zetsu occupied with Naruto and team 7 and the other Zetsu fighting Sarutobi &5 kages. the rest of alliance like Bee and other konoha ninja like Shikamaru, Hinata etc don't have anyone to fight.

Gbraga

I decided not to drop Naruto and I'm glad I did, read the last 3 or 4 chapters that I was behind on, and those moments where the colors invert always make me laugh out loud. I can't help but think TOKI WO TOMARE, I know it's dumb, but it's stronger than me.

Also, Madara's stand is Madara.

NOW YOU'RE GONNA SAY: I COULD USE THIS LEFT EYE

I COULD USE THIS LEFT- UUUH

Fraction

cf4DcVQ.png

A Shintaro Kago manga where one of the characters is Shintaro Kago. lol

Oh look, a serial killer mystery, done by Kago. Only one volume.
Motherfucking Kago. And he lampshaded it in his own original involvement in the story, all very meta. Wait, wait, everything I would say about it would be spoilers.

You see, this starts being a much more normal comic than usual for Kago about a serial killer mystery case. In fact I had started to a draft of my impressions as I was reading it, and funnily I had written how it didn't had that crazy, nuts surreality that usually has his stories.
But alternating the normal chapters, there are some very original chapters about Kago himself. As I said, very meta, he talks there how he should use his new fame to make more mainstream works as the ero-guro is at the end of the days something very limited in the market. And apart from the meta commentary, this very same work was that, a more mainstream Kago! A story about a serial killer who lost his brother, with some plot twists (is his brother truly dead? is he really the killer?!! etc).
But later, he also talks about narrative manipulation where isn't only a character the one manipulated, but the reader himself. And in fact, a plot twist is discovered and Kago has killed his own editor. He is the second killer!
But that's only a first layer of deceit. The true deceit was to make us believe this was a normal serial killer story, but it reaches a point where the true plot twist happen and you see that, hey, this is a sick, freak story as you could expect from this author. The trick was to make us believe he was doing something mainstream. Hah!
Sasuga Kago!

This is the first half of the volume. The second half is composed of short stories, some follows a more typical and boring (and icky!) ero-guro, others focus more on the horror, almost like a Jinjo Itoh story, and others delve more in the surreal side of the author.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom