• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
not sure what it means

You'll learn.

I think one problem for me right now is that it is all over the fucking place. Trying to follow the Manuela arc enough is hard enough without like a half-dozen new characters introduced without much of an introduction and with the relationship of the different factions (so many factions!) not being fully clear. Then after we have Elijah kind of falling to the dark side (I'm still not really sure why he cared about the Manuela incident so much to go to the extent he went to) we suddenly got a romcom with him and Helena.

Also so far it just seems like everything Elijah touches goes to shit directly or indirectly

kasane

You'll learn.

I think one problem for me right now is that it is all over the fucking place. Trying to follow the Manuela arc enough is hard enough without like a half-dozen new characters introduced without much of an introduction and with the relationship of the different factions (so many factions!) not being fully clear. Then after we have Elijah kind of falling to the dark side (I'm still not really sure why he cared about the Manuela incident so much to go to the extent he went to) we suddenly got a romcom with him and Helena.

Also so far it just seems like everything Elijah touches goes to shit directly or indirectly

yeah the manga is definitely confusinh

Akito

Man, staying up all night watching dumb internet videos kinda makes you really tired.
*shit I have to put up for Suzuka*

Suzuka 41-50

Screw Yamato and Suzuka both are shitty characters. At this point everyone is calling Yamato an idiot and it's really hard to take him seriously. And thank god that Honoka's friend Nana and Hattori are both based. Because at least they know what the hell they are doing. And actually understand Honoka's feelings unlike this dumbass Yamato. It really doesn't take a genius to understand that Honoka is accepting things because she likes Him, but this moron takes it too lightly. It's really sad to see Hattori who isn't Honoka's boyfriend know more about her than Yamato. At this point I want Honoka to break up with this piece of shit because she deserves better. Now onto Suzuka what is her problem why is she acting all moe and accepting. Is this supposed to be her redemption or what, because that's laughable.

dani_dc

Man, staying up all night watching dumb internet videos kinda makes you really tired.
*shit I have to put up for Suzuka*
How is watching dumb videos related with Suzuka?
Suzuka 41-50

Screw Yamato and Suzuka both are shitty characters. At this point everyone is calling Yamato an idiot and it's really hard to take him seriously. And thank god that Honoka's friend Nana and Hattori are both based. Because at least they know what the hell they are doing. And actually understand Honoka's feelings unlike this dumbass Yamato. It really doesn't take a genius to understand that Honoka is accepting things because she likes Him, but this moron takes it too lightly. It's really sad to see Hattori who isn't Honoka's boyfriend know more about her than Yamato. At this point I want Honoka to break up with this piece of shit because she deserves better. Now onto Suzuka what is her problem why is she acting all moe and accepting. Is this supposed to be her redemption or what, because that's laughable.

Suzuka wants that which she can't have, that's why she's acting like that now.

dani_dc

Munou no Hito 1-4

That was something, the main character is quite egocentric in his choice to try to sell rocks over drawing manga, and the entire thing is rather depressing, the kid is the only one in the manga with any sense of responsibility. It's a shame that there aren't any more translated chapters.

dani_dc

Himouto! Umaru-chan 66-68

I don't care how much of an idiot someone is, it's impossible to spend the entire day with your sister and not notice who she is.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Himouto! Umaru-chan 66-68

I don't care how much of an idiot someone is, it's impossible to spend the entire day with your sister and not notice who she is.

The sister in question spends tons of time with both Indoor and Outdoor Umaru and doesn't notice they are the same person.

Antiwhippy

Eden: It's an endless world vol. 9

I do enjoy it when the manga brings in real world scenarios and bring it to their logical extremes, such as china's discrimination of the uyghur, and the uyghur's own struggles to find their own identity in the current republic.

It is actually really interesting with the way the manga depicts Islamic militants as force that is somewhat neutral faction with sympathetic characters within it and contrast with the narrative painted by the media of the current conflicts with the Islamic extremists.

dani_dc

The sister in question spends tons of time with both Indoor and Outdoor Umaru and doesn't notice they are the same person.
Umaru is portraited essencially as two different people in both attitude and even look (only her brother recognises her in both states), while Kirie was being her usual self, going as far as physically hitting her brother.

Parasyte

Yea this was fun and the MC kinda looked like Yuusuke for a bit plus migi was great

Also Dick Arm lolololololo.

Poor Kana and Reiko :/

Suzuka 51-60

Thank god Honoka has broken up with this idiot, she deserves far better. And it seems Miki is trying to cheer up Yamato, which she actually does accomplish. I have to say she is also far better than shitty Suzuka. It really does amaze me on how some Authors just can't figure who the best girl is or pick the closest to being best. But instead they pick the shittiest girl. And that's what Seo is good at doing.

Screw Suzuka and her random moodiness, like it literally comes out of fuckin nowhere. And now that Yamato's broken up with Honoka her nice personality has switched to 100% bitch mode. Jesus I just can't take this character seriously. And they bring back dead guy up again. You know I would actually would have wanted dead guy to be MC because he probably would have been preferable. Anyways it seems Yamato has a goal of wanting to be the number 1 sprinter in Japan. But since it's Yamato I really don't give a shit and side with Hattori for saying that he was spouting crap.

dani_dc

Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku 26

Never mind a female friend, Yoshiki clearly sees Kaito as more than a friend. And the ever presence of Nagao within Kaito life is something she just can't handle. She does look great in regular female underwear though.

Antiwhippy

Eden: It's an Endless world vol. 10

WHAT.

WHY.

WHY.

Goddamnit.

edit: I mean, fuck, they better have an actual good reason to kill off one of the best characters after a fucking timeskip.

Breaker NW

Jini is so top tier waifu it's not even funny

Amen it's nice to know someone that has excellent taste. Jinni's design and personality is amazing 10/10.

NW_Chapter_125.png

Yeah I really do hope she wins in the end. And screw Sae chan such a forgettable character.

WHAT.

WHY.

WHY.

Goddamnit.

edit: I mean, fuck, they better have an actual good reason to kill off one of the best characters after a fucking timeskip.

i'm 100% sure of where you are and no they don't.

it was grade A fucking bullshit :/

brace yourself for the next stuff though

I loved Eden, and I know CDProjekt looks at the design as inspiration for Cyberpunk as well.

The stuff after the timeskip isn't as good though.

Quasar

Suzuka 51-60

Thank god Honoka has broken up with this idiot, she deserves far better. And it seems Miki is trying to cheer up Yamato, which she actually does accomplish. I have to say she is also far better than shitty Suzuka. It really does amaze me on how some Authors just can't figure who the best girl is or pick the closest to being best. But instead they pick the shittiest girl. And that's what Seo is good at doing.

Maybe they just have a different opinion than you about the kind of mates they like :)

Also waifu wars make clear there is no 'best girl'.

Shengar

Arms Peddler Volume 1
I thought this was a western manga, turned out its kinda mixed-fantasy setting with western at its forefront. Not what I expecting, but not necessarily bad for me. Anyway, overall impression for me from this first volume isn't very good outside of the mixed-setting. There is something off when I read it. It's not the style but more like the paneling that feels inadequate, and quality speaking, it decent at best. Arms Peddler definitely have Berserk influence on it, but the author or the artist to be exact, missing what makes Berserk so good (yes I'm talking about Garamy's high heels).

I hope it gets better because I already six volumes of it.

Usobuko

Banned

WHAT.

WHY.

WHY.

Goddamnit.

Random time-skip, random NTR, random killing off one of the main character casually.

It can be cruel when this happened after you are hooked with the story but sometimes I feel that it's this inherent trait that I am attracted to seinen's drama.

Antiwhippy

I've read seinen with random ntr, random killing and random timeskips but not all combined in a kinda bullshit way. :/

Ah well, the story is still really interesting, but dude fuck that.

Were you destroyed enough? :p enjoy the suffering!

You see, that's actually pulled off relatively well compared to what happened in vol. 10. :/

I don't mind death when there's a meaning behind it.

Antiwhippy

Just one so far really. I guess the author doesn't know what to do with her story?

She was even killed by a totally unrelated event!

MCD

HXH anime stopped. Read the remaining 10 chapters or so.

Chimera Ant is B rank and this Dark Continent is A? And you are telling me the author is back on hiatus again?

This isn't fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom