• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
2361452823.jpeg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Isn't the purest love the one where you eat her poop?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I prefer my romance plots to be secondary but well fleshed out. They just turn into storytelling tumors when they're the main focus since its just contrived BS like getting hit by trucks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But Rock Lee is based. Legitimately one of the best character alongside Guy in Naruto. They don't rely on Jesus power to be awesome.

KNIM

Ahahahahahahahaha fuck no, I'm just playing I don't want you to suffer.

Joking aside try Horimiya.

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally. The Rock. Has come back......to Konoha.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Something like Psyren did it's romance subplot well, especially considering it was a supernatural/sci-fi action series and not a romantic series. There was never a real love triangle or anything stupid. Just two people who liked each other that had other shit they had to deal with that took precedence.

Psyren

Something like Psyren did it's romance subplot well, especially considering it was a supernatural/sci-fi action series and not a romantic series. There was never a real love triangle or anything stupid. Just two people who liked each other that had other shit they had to deal with that took precedence.

There kinda was one though but it wasn't fleshed out enough to be acknowledged, also the way it came to be was really weird as well.

Also technicially there was another one but the rival was also the female MC, so that also was weird.

Quixzlizx

Suzuka 151-end

I don't really have much to say about these chapters. Yamato and Suzuka were surprisingly mature and rational, all things considered. I was even thinking during the job hunting chapter that, if it were Haruto, he would've refused the job from Sasaoka out of some sort of moronic, misguided pride. Seo even managed to troll us by turning one of the worst, most dysfunctional couples ever into well-adjusted spouses and parents in a fifteen chapter span, when we were all expecting massive drama fireworks to end the series. Yes, somehow an unexpected high school pregnancy caused less drama than where to go on a day trip to Yokohama. I guess the moral of this story is that sex solves everything.

I felt a little sick reading all of the Fuuka scenes.

At least Miki looked goddamned amazing at the wedding while repeatedly telling Hattori to fuck off.

Quixzlizx

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 50

This chapter wasn't bad, but it reminded me that every chapter with Akane-chan is better than every chapter without her.

Nisekoi 145

Chitoge is becoming just as possessive as Marika. Needs more Shuu trolling and less Kosaki.

dani_dc

All I got from the suzuka impressions is that it's just a soap opera.
That's part of the appeal of Seo mangas anyway. They're a mixture of manga romances with soap operas. Two awful things put together with am unexpected wonderful result*

*Note: Your definition of wonderful might vary from the one presented on this post.

dani_dc

Suzuka 151-end

I don't really have much to say about these chapters. Yamato and Suzuka were surprisingly mature and rational, all things considered. I was even thinking during the job hunting chapter that, if it were Haruto, he would've refused the job from Sasaoka out of some sort of moronic, misguided pride. Seo even managed to troll us by turning one of the worst, most dysfunctional couples ever into well-adjusted spouses and parents in a fifteen chapter span, when we were all expecting massive drama fireworks to end the series. Yes, somehow an unexpected high school pregnancy caused less drama than where to go on a day trip to Yokohama. I guess the moral of this story is that sex solves everything.

I felt a little sick reading all of the Fuuka scenes.

At least Miki looked goddamned amazing at the wedding while repeatedly telling Hattori to fuck off.

I understand Yamato wanting to keep the kid, but it was a pretty selfish decision that basically limited his and Suzuka lives immensely.
Well, Haruto never was in a situation where he had to support a teenyagwr girl he had impregnated. Different stakes.

I didn't realize we'd get so much Fuuka on this, definitely some wonderful timing from mangaGAF, it's as if this read along timing was chosen to maximize the pain of Seo other works.

Regarding Miki, it sucks that she ended up marrying Hattori anyway.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's part of the appeal of Seo mangas anyway. They're a mixture of manga romances with soap operas. Two awful things put together with am unexpected wonderful result*

*Note: Your definition of wonderful might vary from the one presented on this post.

Well I did use to watch the bold and the beautiful...

Revo

It was mine. It caused me to fully dive into manga. Well that and more anime series I liked based on manga were ended partway like Suzuka so I had to read more and more.

Well then. At least you had other anime series to fall back on. Probably what saved you.

Piano no Mori 133

Looks like Lech has his own fair share of mental trauma.

Nukoduke! 45
Having had no trick or treaters come by, or any candy for myself to indulge in this evening, this chapter made me realize I'd be a REALLY horrible person if I were in this situation.

Those Nukos won't be denied their treats.

Quasar

Well then. At least you had other anime series to fall back on. Probably what saved you.

Well...aside from the end I liked it so it's not like it negatively impacted me. Of course I came to it having really enjoyed the anime so I guess I was pretty predisposed to not hating it.

Jintor

I'm at the international manga museum in Kyoto but you can't take pictures of anything :/

There's cosplayers taking photoshoots everywhere. Saw a gekkan shoujo sakura wandering around earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom