• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

There's a display called "the permeation of suzumiya haruhi" designed to explain how a single work can create a bubble of popularity that turns into profit. It's a wall just filled with every single type of haruhi metch.

There's also a fan work wall. The section marked "fan comics for adult males" is entirely yuri k-on doujin

upandaway

There's a display called "the permeation of suzumiya haruhi" designed to explain how a single work can create a bubble of popularity that turns into profit. It's a wall just filled with every single type of haruhi metch.

There's also a fan work wall. The section marked "fan comics for adult males" is entirely yuri k-on doujin
Forgive me if I'm jumping to conclusions, but this place seems to be a bit specialized with very specific things.

Jintor

Actually if anything it's not modern enough, their (public) collection doesn't go past the early 00s. It's kinda really general, too. I guess it is more of a pop culture museum than a hugely academic one.

Oh god there's a copy of how to draw manga in here

Jintor

B1Vp6H7CcAEuzqJ.jpg

I've never really appreciated how weird kancolle is up until now

Jintor

I found the nor recent shelf. It's pretty much just "what books did mangaf like last year"

Though I can't find himouto or gekkan shoujo. Did they win any awards last year?

Actually if anything it's not modern enough, their (public) collection doesn't go past the early 00s. It's kinda really general, too. I guess it is more of a pop culture museum than a hugely academic one.

Oh god there's a copy of how to draw manga in here

One of the crappy ones or is that one actually decent?

upandaway

B1Vp6H7CcAEuzqJ.jpg

I've never really appreciated how weird kancolle is up until now
Best thing about kancolle is when it makes my favorite circles release two albums in a comiket (one for kancolle and one for touhou), the worst thing about it is when said circles skip touhou to only do kancolle.

bjork

It's kind of just like a really big manga cafe. With exhibits.

I remember a time I was out with a friend and he said he'd found this crazy manga store with everything. So we went, and sure enough, it was wall-to-wall with manga. Dudes sitting there smoking and reading manga in recliners. My friend went to use their restroom, so I'm standing there browsing books, completely unaware that it was a manga cafe. That dumbass. He shit in their toilet and we didn't even read anything. He could've gone at a Rite-Aid or something. People.

Revo

Beelzebub Side Story 4

Oh right he existed. Furuichi isn't allowed a happy end, stop giving him possibilities author!

Zweizer

Banned

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

And just like a dream I can't read anything

You should be dreaming bigger.

upandaway

Hajiotsu 15

I guess that solved itself. I thought he'd ask why they did it but he didn't go that far.

This should keep the drama on the minimum for a while

Zweizer

Banned
Saiteihen no Otoko -Scumbag Loser- ch11

And here I thought this couldn't get any more messed up.

Do You Like Big Girls? ch10

Well, Ayano sure is something.

Also, dat cover (NSFB-ish).

Suzuka 151-155

Well... shit

Suzuka 156-157.

Took them this long to beat each other up... the response is kinda harsh even for Arima IMO

I'll finish this tomorrow...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Alright, goddamn, I have gotten over 100 recs for the trade read club(though that's including some overlaps, but there isn't as many as I expected). This could take awhile.

I'll get things sorted into a usable list and then send out the first week's list shortly.

upandaway

Aho Girl 24

:lol now I wanna know what would have happened if she ate the special banana.

Speaking of which I also ate a really, really good banana a couple days ago. It was huge and had no bad spots and perfect and amazing. Don't come across those often.

Zweizer

Banned
Alright, goddamn, I have gotten over 100 recs for the trade read club(though that's including some overlaps, but there isn't as many as I expected). This could take awhile.

I'll get things sorted into a usable list and then send out the first week's list shortly.

Over 100? That's pretty impressive. If you plan to read them all it might last almost half a year.

Aho Girl 24

:lol now I wanna know what would have happened if she ate the special banana.

Speaking of which I also ate a really, really good banana a couple days ago. It was huge and had no bad spots and perfect and amazing. Don't come across those often.

Did you also shed tears and scream about how delicious it was?

Usobuko

Banned

Possible for me to add a few more? I did it in the rush without thoroughly going through my list.

Antiwhippy

Sure. Go for it.

Up to 166 recs now.

Actually kinda wanted to make a database of it just to play with mySQL but it's just too much goddamn work. :p

Antiwhippy

Nope, but I'd say that there are probably around 5 overlaps.

You can just create a custom list for it in MU

I could, but I still have to copy paste a lot of manga names in MU, and creating a list on there isn't that much different from having a .txt list. Plus it's easier to mark which user's list I took from that week.

Part of the whole fun of SQL is to figure out fun ways to create macros.

upandaway

Everyday Monster Girls

This chapter was insane, hahaha. Everything about this. I mean it wasn't exactly innocent before but it wasn't a full chapter of direct sex talk either! And those color pages on top of everything.

I'm happy the mom's staying around for the other moms, that'll be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom