• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoshi no Ponko to Toufuya Reiko 1-3 (END)

cgNB1uS.png

That escalated in an entirely reasonable and proportionate manner.

I posted about this recently thinking that I'd pick it up properly in the future, but to my utter freakin' despair it's only 3 chapters long. Real shame, since it's one of my favourite shorts I've read, largely because of the subject matter and the deliciously unexpected suffering. It was perhaps overly silly in places given the gravity of the developments, and the alien ex machina leading to the (largely) happy ending wasn't to my tastes, but that aside it pushed more buttons for me than Reiko did in that last chapter. Great stuff.

Kancolle has better designs than touhou anyway.

>_>

<_<
Good thing this is a joke post, otherwise my head'd probably explo-

Now I feel less bad about burying you in recs.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Jeez, I'm gonna bet on the possibility that I've already read a few of them.

Most likely! There are a lot of stuff I've never heard off before or are on my wishlist though.

Still, no need to read everything every week.

Anyway, first week read for "It's not the length, it's how you use it" is...

PositioN by ASHINANO Hitoshi
Doubt by DOWMAN Sayman
Yume Nikki by TOMIZAWA Hitoshi, Kikiyama, Machigerita
Wife & wife by MINAMOTO Hisanari
Zansho by KITOH Mohiro

Would people prefer me to PM them? Being unable to mass PM would make it kind of a pain, though it would only take me 5 minutes really.

upandaway

I could, but I still have to copy paste a lot of manga names in MU, and creating a list on there isn't that much different from having a .txt list. Plus it's easier to mark which user's list I took from that week.

Part of the whole fun of SQL is to figure out fun ways to create macros.
Well MU has an export button, but you know what you want!

Zweizer

Banned

My, I wonder if your name plays any part in it. Which battleship is your favorite I wonder?

I still prefer Touhou to Kancolle because the names are easier to remember ( =w=)

Would people prefer me to PM them? Being unable to mass PM would make it kind of a pain, though it would only take me 5 minutes really.

I'm alright with just the posts, but I think you could ask dramatis to update a notice on the OP.

Shengar

There is a read club ongoing? Being busy with Japanese Course exam this week makes me neglect ti read every post in this thread. Could someone tell me what it is?

Antiwhippy

Little did you know that was exactly what I wanted.

I'll say that Touhou has the better games. :p

There is a read club ongoing? Being busy with Japanese Course exam this week makes me neglect ti read every post in this thread. Could someone tell me what it is?

Short read club. One shots to 2 volumes. 5 every week.

upandaway

Hayate ch470

The meta jokes in this manga have reached critical mass. And they're all amazing.

Ooh, Japanese? How are you doing with that?

dramatis

When are you Suzuka winners (lol) are ready with your choices for banners, message Costi everything.

Alternatively I guess I can try to be on IRC to see the choices.

Antiwhippy

Is it too late to get in on the read club?

If you want to send me recs just PM me.

If you want to just read, then just read man. I'm posting the selections in the thread anyway so you could just try to find that every week on this day.

Akito

Doubt by DOWMAN Sayman
Zansho by KITOH Mohiro

Already read PositioN and Zanshou but I might skim through them again to refresh my memory.
Also I don't need a PM to tell me the selection of the week but that's just me.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Most likely! There are a lot of stuff I've never heard off before or are on my wishlist though.

Doubt by DOWMAN Sayman
Zansho by KITOH Mohiro

Nah, no need to PM. Just ask Dramatis to update the OP.

I already read Doubt and Zansho. Guess i'll start with PositioN.
I'll post the impression later

Zweizer

Banned
How do we play the game of "guess who suggested this story"?

Also, does it really end November 30? I guess you could always start another session later with the remaining shorts.

Antiwhippy

How do we play the game of "guess who suggested this story"?

Also, does it really end November 30? I guess you could always start another session later with the remaining shorts.

Wait, why is it ending at Nov 30?

Also you play it by guessing who recommended the manga.

Zweizer

Banned
Wait, why is it ending at Nov 30?

Also you play it by guessing who recommended the manga.

Well, that's what it says on the OP. Is dramatis trolling us again?

Guess that game would be too much of a hurdle for nothing. Can't think of a decent set of rules.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hoshi no Ponko to Toufuya Reiko 1-3
What started as Doraemon like story turn into faustian story...
The sudden twist, and the tragedy that follow happen so sudden, i can only say WTF!?
No time to feel sad or anything, it just happened in a string of accident and carnages that follow.
The ending remind me of 6th day featuring Arnold "the ex governor"
Be careful what you wish for kid, never trust an alien.

Antiwhippy

Well, that's what it says on the OP. Is dramatis trolling us again?

Guess that game would be too much of a hurdle for nothing. Can't think of a decent set of rules.

Eh, it's just a fun little thing on the side. The person can divulge if the guesses are right or not but I'm not going to be enforcing it. :p

Also guess the list is being linked in the OP already. Thanks dramatis! No idea what the Nov 30 thing is though.

upandaway

I played the game years ago, all I remember is that at some point I stopped playing because I got really scared. It's the kind of creepy that I can't handle at all.

Or, well, couldn't. It was like 8 years ago.

Doubt by DOWMAN Sayman
Zansho by KITOH Mohiro

gosh, I haven't even gotten around to finding up my recs yet :x

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

Week 1
Doubt by DOWMAN Sayman
Zansho by KITOH Mohiro

hmmmm

I'm down with this.

also whats the format of response here ( for each work as it's completed and/or a combination after reading everything)

Lain

Gintama manga was announced as licensed in Italy, which surprised me. I expect it to bomb as hard as the anime did here, but all the Italian people that kept asking for it for years can finally party hard.
Meanwhile I'll party hard for the announcement for Maison Ikkoku Perfect Edition, Dr. Slump & Arale Perfect Edition and Koe no Katachi.

Liceneses announced today by 1 publisher:
Ayakashi's scarlet fan
Hana-kun to koisuru watashi
Kingyozaka Noboru
Last Notes
Inu X boku SS
Dr. Slump & Arale Perfect Edition
Chopperman – Yuke Yuke! Minna no Chopper-sensei
PANDORA HEARTS OFFICIAL GUIDE BOOK 8.5 – MINE OF MINE
Gintama
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Thus spoke Kishibe Rohan
Ghost in the Shell: Arise
Maison Ikkoku Perfect Edition
Ultraman
Ajin
Koe no Katachi
Kotonoha no Niwa
5 cm per second

Now to see what The others will announce, though I only expect the other big one to have some surprises, with the others announcing only a few things.

Quixzlizx

I understand Yamato wanting to keep the kid, but it was a pretty selfish decision that basically limited his and Suzuka lives immensely.
Well, Haruto never was in a situation where he had to support a teenyagwr girl he had impregnated. Different stakes.

I didn't realize we'd get so much Fuuka on this, definitely some wonderful timing from mangaGAF, it's as if this read along timing was chosen to maximize the pain of Seo other works.

Regarding Miki, it sucks that she ended up marrying Hattori anyway.

It's not like he forced her to keep it. It's been shown throughout the series that she certainly has the backbone to tell him to fuck off, lol.

And it wasn't quite the same stakes, but Haruto ended up having to move hours away from his girlfriend, then dumping her instead of just quitting his job and moving back to Tokyo, so I'm sure his decision-making ability would've been terrible regardless.

Where did it show that Miki and Hattori were married? I must have missed that reference in Fuuka.

Quixzlizx

I'm at the international manga museum in Kyoto but you can't take pictures of anything :/

There's cosplayers taking photoshoots everywhere. Saw a gekkan shoujo sakura wandering around earlier

There were no cosplayers or Haruhi exhibit when I was there, just the Kancolle exhibit.

LeleSocho

Banned
Now to see what The others will announce, though I only expect the other big one to have some surprises, with the others announcing only a few things.

Do you know if Dynit still has technically the rights for Y&! or are they in a limbo where no one wants to pick them up?
I remember two or three years ago where a guy said that at the Dynit stand they announced that Yotsuba would've been republished with the addition of the Azumanga Daioh rights... obviously he was a troll who got an entire subforum of people, needless to say i sweared at him for a loong time.
After all this time i still have hope.

Lain

Do you know if Dynit still has technically the rights for Y&! or are they in a limbo where no one wants to pick them up?
I remember two or three years ago where a guy said that at the Dynit stand they announced that Yotsuba would've been republished with the addition of the Azumanga Daioh rights... obviously he was a troll who got an entire subforum of people, needless to say i sweared at him for a loong time.
After all this time i still have hope.

I don't know for sure, but I imagine Dynit no longer holds any rights to Yotsuba&!. They stopped publishing it when, in 2007 or so? and they don't seem to have any interest in restarting, what with them concentrating only on putting out what sells for them (GTO and Sayuki) so they must have stopped paying to keep the rights for a while.

dani_dc

It's not like he forced her to keep it. It's been shown throughout the series that she certainly has the backbone to tell him to fuck off, lol.

And it wasn't quite the same stakes, but Haruto ended up having to move hours away from his girlfriend, then dumping her instead of just quitting his job and moving back to Tokyo, so I'm sure his decision-making ability would've been terrible regardless.

Where did it show that Miki and Hattori were married? I must have missed that reference in Fuuka.
While that's true, she was inclined to abort Fuuka before Yamato argued otherwise.

I do dislike that part of KNIM a lot, felt very out of character for Haruto to leave Eba instead of his job considering everything that had happened up to that point.

It was mentioned in Fuuka 25.1 that Niki and Hattori decided to marry.
Mainland Europe rules
Part of it anyway. I can count in one hand the number of translated mangas in my country.

LeleSocho

Banned
I don't know for sure, but I imagine Dynit no longer holds any rights to Yotsuba&!. They stopped publishing it when, in 2007 or so? and they don't seem to have any interest in restarting, what with them concentrating only on putting out what sells for them (GTO and Sayuki) so they must have stopped paying to keep the rights for a while.

I see... I can only wish in SC to do the miracle.

Keijo 5

LOLOLOLOLOLOL @ the final test.

also i'm really digging the rapport of these 2 (Miyata showing that she's actually human). And for a lady who conceived a kid already, damn at those weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom