• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... is cannon size a metaphor for big breasts? Are they always related?
XcEb2NO.jpg
Up to a point.

rrvv

I still don't understand KanColle.
Like, I understand it. But not why it's the new big thing.

Short answer: Military otaku fanbase wanted ship girls for years.

Long answer: if we talking about the game itself.

1) Cute girl along with famous voice actor so it automatically attract many otaku.
2) The game is pretty easy to get to. (but very RNG based). and very little macro transaction. as result the game itself is actually making LOSS. but they make profit with merchandise around it.
3) The dev also like to put many historical-stuff in the game. sometimes turn it into "dark humor"
4) Since it use permanent dead. you somehow get attached to some of the ship girl.

Up to a point.

Dat blush.

Short answer: Military otaku fanbase wanted ship girls for years.

Long answer: if we talking about the game itself.

1) Cute girl along with famous voice actor so it automatically attract many otaku.
2) The game is pretty easy to get to. (but very RNG based). and very little macro transaction. as result the game itself is actually making LOSS. but they make profit with merchandise around it.
3) The dev also like to put many historical-stuff in the game. sometimes turn it into "dark humor"
4) Since it use permanent dead. you somehow get attached to some of the ship girl.

So moe Fire Emblem? Or at least more moe?
I'll watch the anime, I guess.

Akito

Touch v1
And with that, everything's in motion, Tatchan's first steps into the ring were made. And on the romantic side of things

EKctWfC.png

probably

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hope Naoshi does one of these when Nisekoi ends so I can laugh and laugh

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait, is the touch reading club starting?

Count me in if it is.

Barakamon vol. 1

Already read most of it, but what the heck, I'd support it just to get more translations coming over. Plus I do love this series.

Hooruh for bigger format books.

*7. *58,101 533,529 Tokyo Ghoul Vol.14

Yo Tokyo Ghoul staying strong on the weekly manga sales. I really wonder how much of a boost season 2 of the anime will give the manga.

*7. *58,101 533,529 Tokyo Ghoul Vol.14

Yo Tokyo Ghoul staying strong on the weekly manga sales. I really wonder how much of a boost season 2 of the anime will give the manga.

Considering it'll be mandatory to read the manga if you want to get into the sequel manga as the s2 anime will have almost nothing to do with the canon story probably pretty well

Akito

Wait, is the touch reading club starting?

Count me in if it is.

Barakamon vol. 1

Already read most of it, but what the heck, I'd support it just to get more translations coming over. Plus I do love this series.

Hooruh for bigger format books.
Yeah.

I also love the Barakamon anime but I'll probably wait for more chapters to be released before jumping into the manga.

Guys it seems Naruto is gonna have a mini-series once the main series ends.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-05/naruto-manga-mini-series-launches-after-main-series-ends/.80690

Jump needs that quick cash I guess.

Considering it'll be mandatory to read the manga if you want to get into the sequel manga as the s2 anime will have almost nothing to do with the canon story probably pretty well

I guess all this was definitely planned ahead of time, but yeah it will a boost.

Best girl actually wins in a shonen manga.

Best Zelda game of all time gets revealed hours later coming to the 3DS.

I'm so very happy that I live in a reality where this has actually happened.

Was Blood Prison good? Can't remember if that was considered one of the better ones.

I'd say so.

It might actually be the best Naruto movie.

Fj0823

So I just caught up on Seo Kouji's Fuuka

WHAT THE FUCK!? NO REALLY WHAT THE FUCK!?

All my NaruHina happiness was destroyed...

Again, WHAT THE FUCK!?,This is some Guilty Crown level bullshit

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just want to know if he took Tosh into account before posting that.

Before entering denial, DTL would spend sleepless nights looking for Tosh Yaoi.
After hours of busty orgies with only one man, his mind broke and now he sees a pairing that is never going to happen.

The meltdowns are amazing. I'm loving it so much! My preferred ship winning also helps.

Kishi just dropped a tactical nuke on the fandom and I'm enjoying the aftershock.

Is OP taking a break to allow full attention on Naruto? Since Naruto gets 2 chapters.

LeleSocho

Banned
Best girl actually wins in a shonen manga.

Best Zelda game of all time gets revealed hours later coming to the 3DS.

I'm so very happy that I live in a reality where this has actually happened.

Meanwhile in my reality...

The most toxic pairing happens in a shonen manga.

Worst Zelda game of all time gets revealed hours later coming to the 3ds and everyone talks about it as if it was the second coming of Kamina.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

The most toxic pairing happens in a shonen manga.

Worst Zelda game of all time gets revealed hours later coming to the 3ds and everyone talks about it as if it was the second coming of Kamina.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

image.php

Caladrius

Stuff like Naruto and Katekyo Hitman Reborn are why I have huge commitment issues with Manga and usually just end up reading one-shots and 5 volume or less manga.

I can't take that kind of heartbreak.

In a world where Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass and Link: The faces of Evil, Wand of Gamelon and Zelda's Adventure all exist, this is not the case.

LeleSocho

Banned
Stuff like Naruto and the Reborn manga are why I have huge commitment issues with Manga and usually end up reading one-shots.

I can't take that kind of heartbreak.
I can understand Reborn where it indeed ended right in the middle of an arc but what's wrong with Naruto? I mean you can consider it bad/really bad but it's not been abrupt like Reborn.

In a world where Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass and Link: The faces of Evil, Wand of Gamelon and Zelda's Adventure all exist, this is not the case.

Those titles never existed in my reality, in fact i don't know what are you talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom