• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Boku wa Mari no Naka 37

We get a bit of insight into Your household, and we see her, I'm guessing, o!der sister or perhaps mother. I'm guessing she's the reason of Yori current personality.

Pretty uneventful chapter, especially by series standards, mostly a set up for next time.

Those titles never existed in my reality, in fact i don't know what are you talking about.
I can get behind this.
But not behind MM being the worst Zelda.

Caladrius

I can understand Reborn where it indeed ended right in the middle of an arc but what's wrong with Naruto? I mean you can consider it bad/really bad but it's not been abrupt like Reborn.

True, it just doesn't seem like a very big payoff considering how damned long the thing's been running.

I learned to temper my expectations of long running series. :p

It's not high expectations so much as me not wanting to put in a time investment for something I might not be completely satisfied with in the end. I'm a capricious person who gets bored easily, so I absolutely need a strong resolution to feel justified in putting up with the weaker parts of something long.

bigkrev

It's not high expectations so much as me not wanting to put in a time investment for something I might not be completely satisfied with in the end. I'm a capricious person who gets bored easily, so I absolutely need a strong resolution to feel justified in putting up with the weaker parts of something long.

This is the problem I've been having with One Piece. It gets to a point where I am sick of it, so it sits unread until I finally decided I NEED to power through, and continue on. I've been in vol 65 for something like 6 months because it's so bad.

LeleSocho

Banned
Eheh, now I'm imagining Yotsuba flying into space and never returning.

3CIjhPx.png

Back with some more LN trash.

Mushoku Tensei Vol. 1

An acquaintance has been gushing to me about how good this was. I decided to trust him on this and I came away disappointed. I can't say I'm too fond of any of the "NEET gets sent to a fantasy world" stuff, and this is a definite example of it. Can't say I enjoy the main character much, either. Might get better since this first volume focuses on just his childhood after being reborn, but I can't say I want to read anymore.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Vol. 2-B

On the other hand, Horizon was great. Oh my god, that entire Spanish Armada reenactment. Definitely the highlight of this entire volume, despite there being a lot of interesting political maneuvering and individual battles beforehand. Now that I've finished reading both of these arcs, I guess it's time for a rewatch of the anime then. Daaaaaaaaaaaamn, that city-ship backflip.

Best ending in a manga for me is Tokyo Ghoul.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, fuck 😭. I shouldn't have mentioned a manga ending
where the MC fuckin dies like a bug and contains unsolved plot developments.
Yeah it probably was great just for the mindfuck, though it did put me down.

Though I would say Full Metal Alchemist and Yu Yu Hakusho(even if a bit abrupt) had great endings that I enjoyed.

Possible spoilers

YOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT

Kishi would be a god tier troll. Like he would surpass Kubo with this chapter. Huge possibility of being fake but there is a chance!

Usobuko

Banned
Possible spoilers

HOLY SHIT

Kishi would be a god tier troll. Like he would surpass Kubo with this chapter. Huge possibility of being fake but there is a chance!

Sounds like a poorly fan-written romance drama with the remaining chapters not sufficient enough to flesh out everything.

Possible spoilers

HOLY SHIT

Yo WTF if this is true then it would be fuckin hilarious, ahahahahaha. But in all honesty it won't happen even if Sakura deserves it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Possible spoilers

HOLY SHIT

There isn't enough space for that crap. Don't be gullible.

The final pages of Naurto will be Ten-Ten sitting across a table from Neji (whose corpse has been turned into a puppet), with her manipulating him and acting like he never died (with her speaking to him and answering for him). Fades to black.

Possible spoilers

HOLY SHIT

This is dumb but probably dumb enough to make sense in Naruto.

Genshiken 105
Sue's being a great wingman/woman for Hato.

Koe No Katachi 60
Yo, Ishida, you dumb.

UQ Holder! 56
Let's get on to what's the other great thing about this series, the awesome battles, shall we.

Tobe

what is taking the goddamn chapter so long, its been almost imposible satying out of the net to avoid spoilers.

Rhapsody

Banned
what is taking the goddamn chapter so long, its been almost imposible satying out of the net to avoid spoilers.

Two chapters while one is entirely in color. Going to take some time with cleaning.

Oh well, at least it wasn't as bad as a wait for FMA's last chapter. 90 something pages I think? lol

I'm still doing my best to avoid spoilers. Hopefully no one here spoils anything until it's out.

Tobe

Two chapters while one is entirely in color. Going to take some time with cleaning.

Oh well, at least it wasn't as bad as a wait for FMA's last chapter. 90 something pages I think? lol

I'm still doing my best to avoid spoilers. Hopefully no one here spoils anything until it's out.

didnt know about the color chapter well i guess its gonna be worth the wait. hope its up by tomorrow morning.

Seifuku Aventure - Chemical Reaction Of High School Students 10

Ruined by imouto.

Seifuku Aventure - Chemical Reaction Of High School Students 11

PROGRESS YOU SAY?

Seifuku Aventure - Chemical Reaction Of High School Students 11.5

And ruined by that other girl

So ANN is reporting that Gaklyuu Houetei ran for a little bit in Jump Live last year. I guess the editors believe Obata's Art can launch it into the stratosphere.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Shits in full color dude. It has to be redrawn in color also.

Guys just imagine if Naruto was the one who went rogue instead of Sasuke. Nobody would of given a fuck about Naruto like Sasuke when he went rogue. Sakura most likely wouldn't care if Naruto got killed.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
All that shipping....
I still haven't play Kancolle. Damn you region locked game and lottery for playing the game! (it still use lottery, right)

Still haven't see the spoiler. Can't wait for the explosion that's going to happen

How do we define long running series? More than 5 years? 10 years?
Not going to count volume since there's a case where the author take a long ass hiatus...

Averon

I'm curious MangaGAF, now that most of the important bits of the last chapters have leaked already, how do you rate the Naruto series as a whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom