• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Naruto

Stupid shit get's even worse. Thanks for showing what nobody was interested in. Hey "now" in the final fodder fight, it's time to use our strongest never before used attacks. Bahaha.

I need to practice using stuff like "stupid shit", "nobody was interested in", "F-minus", or similar statements like that.

Some of you folks are so Ph.D in using them, hahaha.

Stinky

Bleach

Shit just got real. Thanks for Belias on BA for noticing

No it´s not. The Fullbring powers were foreshadowed 200 chapters before with Chad. So you and the other who think that are wrong.

Never said anything about fullbring powers as a whole, I dont give shit if Chads power was fullbring all along. Thats irrelevant to what I just said.

And you have to be joking with that soul king comparison.

DarkMehm

Bleach 540

I never made that connection before, but it makes sense when you think about it. Should have thought about it before.

Jump Issue #28 (10/06) :
One Piece (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Kuroko no Basket
Toriko
Assassination Classroom (Color Page)
Naruto
Smoky B.B. (23 pg.)
Shokugeki no Souma (Color Page)
Mutou Black
Nisekoi
Soul Catcher(S)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Nigashiya (Color Page, One Shot, 47 pg.)
Gintama
Hq!!
World Trigger
Beelzebub
Sket Dance
Bleach
Kochikame
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

Issue #29:
Cover & Lead CP: Toriko
CP: Hq!!

People didnt like the bleach flashback or is world trigger cannibalizing bleach? Regardless at least world trigger isnt down there no more.

Setsuna

Thats just how I feel sometimes. And Im not alone.

Fullbring powers are my best example. The fact that in such a short amount of time so many stupid (read: poorly thought out) powerups were introduced and then thrown away makes me doubt he "does not do that".

Especially since the progression of powerups I bleach up until then, with Ichigo devoloping shinigami powers alongside his hollow mask, was so good.

but fullbring wasnt a power up it was a sidegrade

Wiseblade

I was obviously talking about the translation. Right now it's One Piece where I'm asking myself why I still bother with it. :p

iobH6zQKLw97u.gif

Bleach
Well, shit. Surprised no one realized this before (myself included), but I guess everyone is too used to the characters looking roughly the same.

wonzo

Banned
Binbougami ga! 58-66

I'm honestly glad this is ending soon as marathoning these chapters made me realise just how many characters there there are thanks to the authors complete inability to "kill" any of the antagonists off once they've been beaten. I also doubt it's gonna be any different this time really either.

Khezu

Bleach

wut

If that's a thing, then why does bach look like a weird emo kid when ever ichigo uses bankai, and why does ichigo look like bach when he used his ultimate zangetsu thingy against Aizen?

No... seriously, what?

Gintamen

uSFXPfe.gif

Fullbrings where not foreshadowed, they were retconned.
How about a mix, Kubo didn't know the series would go on, but he gave hints here and there, like one of the first covers had Shinji already. Think about it, two characters have powers no one can explain, but all those others[shinigami/hollows/quincy) are already. Of course there is a reason behind both those powers.

Hystzen

uSFXPfe.gif

Fullbrings where not foreshadowed, they were retconned.

They where foreshadowed he is correct

Before the invasion of Ichigo and co against Aizen, Renji is training with Chad and Urahara is watching notices that Chads power has hollow tendencies then it ended with him being shocked saying "of course its....". that was never answered until fullbring arc.

Kubo does alot of hints throughout manga he calls it the 5 levels of secret of some bullshit,level 5 secrets are most hidden compared to obvious ones like 1 or 2

Gintamen

Kubo does alot of hints throughout manga he calls it the 5 levels of secret of some bullshit,level 5 secrets are most hidden compared to obvious ones like 1 or 2
It's 3 levels or 4, doesn't matter, they are they, we might just not know yet. Hint: It's a secret.

Bleach
How could anyone see the similarities, when the last time Zangetsu appeared the art/drawing style was so very different from the current one.

Kreed

Bleach 540:

I need to wait for the better translation. I don't even know why I'm still bothering with this shit.

Yeah I generally just skim over the Panda scanlations just so I can follow the thread, but they aren't good for getting actual details, even in Bleach. I just wish the MS scanlations would tone it down on the random curses/language.

Really don't care for the surprise this chapter though, but I'm hoping a better translation will make things clearer.

Naruto

Pretty enjoyable chapter, cool that were finally going to see all 3 do their summoning jutsu which was teased very early in the series.

Bleach

I'm not sure why people are freaking out so much, it was obvious from the moment Bach appeared that he looked a lot like the old man from Ichigo's zampakto. Whatever the other twist the chapter had is lost on an awful translation sadly. Really good chapter as well if a bit short.

Village

Naruto

So.... that happened. Dunno where sakura pulled that summoning justsu from... that would have been valuable earlier.

That was... a chapter

Bleach

Wow, actually twist. And it was good, good job.

Kusagari

I saw this mentioned somewhere else and it's really hard to ignore the similarities between Ichigo's FGT and the Quincy Lezt Still.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bach is turning out to be an interestingggggg villain. Nevermind the fact that he gives 0 fucks about being cool and just fucks everything up.

I saw this mentioned somewhere else and it's really hard to ignore the similarities between Ichigo's FGT and the Quincy Lezt Still.

That would explain why FGT makes him lose his Shinigami powers. It was him becoming a full blooded Quincy all at once, supressing his dormant powers until the SS reawkened them, but in the process they also reawakened his Quincy blood, but it couldn't activate until something triggered Zangetsu/Bach's memories and powers to reawaken.

That would explain why FGT makes him lose his Shinigami powers. It was him becoming a full blooded Quincy all at once, supressing his dormant powers until the SS reawkened them, but in the process they also reawakened his Quincy blood, but it couldn't activate until something triggered Zangetsu/Bach's memories and powers to reawaken.

How does Isshin's FGT fit into this? It was him who told Ichigo about it after all.

Yonafunu

Bleach

Honestly, I think there's not a lot to the twist. Because Bach seems to be the origin of all the Quincy, and Ichigo has Quincy powers, it makes sense for his Zanpakutou to take Bach's form.
The only new info this gives us is that the Quincy were 'created' 1000 years ago. That is the only reason I could think of why Zangetsu would look like Bach from 1000 years ago.

How does Isshin's FGT fit into this? It was him who told Ichigo about it after all.

Isshin acknowledge the existence of FGT. He never said outright that he had used it before. Remember, Ichigo's powers are connected to three/four people: Aizen, Isshin, Masaki, and Bach.

That's why they have related techniques and they both can use Getsuga Tenshou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom