• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it does. Zangetsu and Hichigo are part of Ichigo´s soul. Zangetsu and Hichigo are the same entity, and not to separate entities withoin Ichigo´s soul.

They're all the same entity since White breaks down the barrier between shinigami and hollow.

It's not that farfetched, I don't think. They did fuse during the FGT training, as well. Ichigo is the single example we have thus far in the manga of a Quincy inside of a soul where a hollow also resides so I don't think it's too outside the realm of possibility.

And this:
Which is logical given what we know.

They still are one and the same. If they were not, then how were they able to become one being during Deicide?

Zangetsu may look like the Yhwach of 1000 years ago because he is a representation of Ichigo's Quincy powers, but he was still born of Ichigo's soul, and he was the one who allowed Ichigo to awaken Zangetsu in the first place.

The panel Stat posted suggests though that with Hollow Ichigo being "just a part" of him that there's more to Zangetsu.

This is more about the wording than the concept of souls in Bleach :lol

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
That also brings to question....what the hell is Aizen gonna do now?

You KNOW he's probably fucked some shit up along the way with Ichigo.
Also, I wonder if Urahara knew about this. In a way it's really personal with Ichigo, you would imagine only Ichigo saw and knew Zangetsu; but at the same time I can't help but think "Urahara...you fucking asshole."

PK Gaming

Naruto

Finally. I would have been cool with team 7 surpassing the Sannin' 200+ chapters ago, but this also good. I was dying at the Naruto-Kiba jokes, Kiba just refuses to give up! The other rookies were pretty cool too, but where's team 8 at (lol). New boss summons &#9834;

One Piece

I'm glad Oda decided to focus on the greenbit team, since the luffy interactions were starting to drag. I like the exposure that Robin and Usopp are getting.

KtVP5Oz.png

fuckkkkkkkk

Bleach

The better bring him back. He's the best character in the manga by a mile, and this is the perfect chance to do it. Don't let me down Kubo!

DarkMehm

Hajime no Ippo 131

It's still really good, but it bothers me a bit now that all fights end in KO. I thought that KOs are not that common in Featherweight class than it is in Heavyweight because of their much weaker punches.

Bleach 540

Not really surprising after the comparisons were made between the two when Bach was fully revealed.

Still glad it was confirmed and gloomy chick is most definitely a fave.

Akito

Was that even the official translation?
If you're talking about Mangarule they haven been quite fast recently actually and often released the chapters even earlier than MS. Except for the last chapter, which they still have yet to release.

Plot Twist: When the Hogyoku "destroyed" Aizen's Zanpakuto it infused itself within Ichigo. Ichigo did mention that he felt Aizen's true feelings when battling him.

Ichigo then becomes the manga's biggest troll.

:p

dramatis

Silver Spoon 77

I guess this is what Arakawa took some time off to research...

Why did she draw such a cute pig? Everything feels bad :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece (better translation)

So good to see Robin kicking ass.
Dwarves huh? One Piece continues to bring in the fantasy elements.

(Yie Ar) One Piece

The fighting fish look totally crazy and it was cool seeing Robin and Usopp doing something. Looking forward to their chapters together and the dwarves.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bleach

Aw yiss, called Zangetsu not being Ichigo's real zanpakutou, but sure didn't call him actually being Ywach. Some good insights in here noting how Ichigo's bankai and final getsuga tenshou are similar to the quincy letzt stil.

I really wanna hear an explanation of all this from Urahara. He's the one who really guided Ichigo's growth, and had to know the most about his nature. I want to know the details around how he first gave Ichigo his zanpakutou, and how that post-Fullbring sword worked.

I'm sorta confused about the hollow asauchi though. The royal guard guy said he "made the asauchi like that [inner hollow-esque] in order to draw out your zanpakutou." Is he referring to just this specific asauchi? Was it just one of the group? Or are all of them like that? Do they all, fundamentally, "draw out a shinigami's inner hollow?" Is that a universal shinigami experience, do they all have hollows deep inside, since they're all technically dead people? And if he's making them out of compressed shinigami souls, where the hell is he getting those? Seems like an awfully immoral foundation, though I guess soul society is full of shit like that.

This chapter filled a gap in my thinking about Ichigo's sword, though. Namely that he never had an asauchi, so how the hell did he have a zanpakutou all this time. "White" is basically an asauchi, he had it before he even met Rukia. Which means his first sword, and his post-fullbring sword, were indeed "real" zanpakutous, even if their fundamental underpinnings were all fucked up due to drawing on Quincy power, and not an accurate expression of his shinigami power.

ffdgh

One piece. Finally it's back and woo story progress.

Naruto. Yay sai isn't forgotten...yet he gets hit in less than 5 seconds.

789shadow

Banned
Naruto

Legendary Sai shutdown.

Bleach

I'm sure this was planned from the start and not less than a year ago.

One Piece

So Dressrosa is magical fairy land?

Erigu

Since AlimNassor went and posted BS once again...

Shingeki no Kyojin 46 spoilers

Ryner seems to have some kind of personality disorder and switches between his mankind-friendly soldier persona and his titan warrior one. He seems to remember an entirely different version of the recent events, and Bertolt has to remind him of who/what he is.

Elen unsurprisingly yells at Ryner and Bertolt for what they did five years ago, and that accomplishes about as much as you'd expect.

It gets more interesting when Ymir joins the conversation.
First off, they're waiting until it's dark to move, so titans won't be an issue. Ymir points out that titans could move in the dark just fine back at the fortress, and she's told "yes, and those here can't, you should know that, really".
Ymir asks Ryner about "the monkey". Ryner acts like he doesn't know what she's talking about. Ymir explains that the monkey / beast titan is the one who caused all those titans to appear within the wall and its objective probably was reconnaissance-in-force. Ryner and Bertolt's "home" is where that beast titan is, which is why they looked so elated when they saw him back at the fortress.
Ymir says she has her own reasons not to tell Elen everything, but at the very least, he should know that defeating Ryner and Bertolt wouldn't solve much in the end. Ryner interrupts her as she's about to tell him who they true enemy is (it apparently begins with "se"... "seifu" / "the gouvernement"? "sekai" / "the world"?).

Ryner points out that Ymir is betting on the wrong horse by allying herself with Elen. And while he can't ensure her safety once they're all back "home", he might be able to do something for Christa.
When Elen asks Ymir again about their real enemy, Ymir dodges the question. She's apparently been convinced by Ryner.

The beast titan wasn't actually revealed to not be human (i.e. he's called a monkey, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is), nothing about Christa not loving Ryner back, nothing about Bertolt being proud of what he did, nothing about the beast titan planning to attack the wall with an army of titans (although I guess that might be what the reconnaissance was for), nothing about Ymir being in on it and insulting Ryner for forgetting about that.

Bleach

Wow I mean actually plot lulz that makes me think?! Oh how dare you Kubo. You, you magnificent bastard.

This begs the question then, has Ichigo always been fighting with some sort of handicap? I'm pretty his powers will change because this is essentially a power up quest right now. Will his bankai design change again I wonder.

Aurizen

Yeah I wanna know the real reason how Juha-Zangetsu knew the Getsuga Tenshou and shinigami abilities How did the Quincy knows a move a shinigami should know. But now that I think about it, Anyone remember when Ichigo fought kenpachi and ichigo said something about how it goes without saying he puts his complete trust in him and Zangetsu had this look like yes a bit sinister, so I though uh oh something is wrong with zangetsu. Now im thinkin zangetsu is the will of Juha. We know what his Quincy power looks like, his shinigami powers is the hollow.... but what about his hollow powers is it the same as the hollow and shinigami?

Yado

Bleach
eh, kind of confusing for me but whatever.

Naruto
Kind of wish Sakura had a different summon tbh. I thought Sasuke's summon was a bird now...

I read this on BA

I could be wrong here, but this is what I've gathered.

Chapter 67: When "Zangetsu" tells Ichigo not to retreat or he'll age, be afraid and he will die.

With this in mind it explains why "Zangetsu" is a younger form of Ywhach. He had to retreat 1,000 years ago causing him to age.

Chapter 110: "Zangetsu" tosses an Asauchi at Ichigo and tells him that it's his sword and that if he wants "Zangetsu" back he will have to fight..."his partner".

I believe he means that if he wants to keep having Quincy powers he will have to overcome his real Zanpakutou. (Which is why Ichigo never really beats him.) I also believe that the pressure he thought was "Zangetsu" was really his Zan's power. Think about it, when Ichigo stated that it's spiritual pressure was burning up the air itself. Warm air causes rain, explaining why Ichigo's hollow so to speak, causes rain. It's spiritual pressure is that immense.

Chapter 111: When "Zangetsu" and his Hollow have their little chat. When the Hollow mentions one day Ichigo's power will be his. He was talking about right now because he is Ichigo's power. Then when "Zangetsu" said that if Ichigo places his trust in him he won't let any rain fall in his inner world. i.e. suppressing his Zanpakutou

Chapter 220: The Hollow's speech on Instinct. He out right says that the "Zangetsu" Ichigo knows isn't Zangetsu and that he is the real Zangetsu. He also says that he's been fighting with a sheathed sword. Meaning he's been fighting without his real blade.

Yeah I know that some of this has been covered by other member's. Although it might explain other questions.

I also have this in mind. What if Ichigo helped release Bach when he used FGT?

Very interesting.

One Piece 710

So happy they went back to Law group

Him and Robin are damn sexy in those outfits of theirs.

And I really enjoy Usopp's little banter with Caesar.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach

@Beam; I was also thinking that FGT may have contributed to Bach's power in some way. Would be cool if it did.

Hystzen

I want to know how Zangetsu knew all those shinigami moves and he is quincy powers. Issin knows all those moves.

Isshin passed them on

plus remember Ichigo had no idea how to use Kubo ink splash *cough* I mean Black Getsuga until his hollow did it first so it seems it absorbed the knowledge due to isshin being his father

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach

Really? Are we sure it isn't really Aizen that's Zangetsu? Are we really sure because this seems like something he'd do.

Naruto

Now that I've accepted the other shit has happened, this was a nice chapter. It really wasn't all that bad.

One Piece

IT'S DWARVES!!!! DO THEY HAVE A LOT OF GOOOOOOOOLD?!? ARE THEY SHORT? WHAT DO THEY LOOK LIKE?!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Translation's making this Bleach chapter worse than it is.

Or possibly better.

One Piece:
Oh look another sub plot just became more subplot-y.

Aurizen

Isshin passed them on

plus remember Ichigo had no idea how to use Kubo ink splash *cough* I mean Black Getsuga until his hollow did it first so it seems it absorbed the knowledge due to isshin being his father

I now Isshin passed them on but how was the quincy powers able to use it.

One Piece

I just don't know anymore, the dwarves thing seriously put a bad taste in my mouth. Also even though I know Caesar is all bad and the stuff he did is wrong, I'm seriously starting to like him more and more. Him and Usopp are like best friends personality wise, except for Caesar's insaneness and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom