• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto

Nice to see other characters getting some screen time, since they have been forgotten about in part 2, are the summons the originals? doesn't look like Manda, if that is katsuya I guess she will be like Tsunade is dead lols but she saved the other kages. Making Shodai go super saiyan killing Madara again

7/10

Wiseblade

One Piece 710

Pretty good chapter. It wasn't quite "eventful" but a lot of ground was covered and it was entertaining throughout. I just hope Oda intends to stick with this group for a few more chapters; thing only get bogged down when he starts jumping around too frequently.

Brickhunt

Bleach

You know, I had very difficulty trying to put the pieces together. But while wondering it, I re-read Chapter 112, "Zangetsu" absorbs the Hollow after the "fighting lesson" was over. Doesn't that look awfully similar to Sklaverei?

"Zangetsu" probably used Sklaverei on Ichigo's Inner Hollow when he woke up from Urahara's training and gained it's Shinigami powers. Allowing him to pose up as the Zanpakutou's spirit.

As far as I remember, we never saw Zangetsu fight while the Hollow was out. He probably let him out in certain moments to make Ichigo stronger before absorbing him back. The fight for Final getsuga Tenshou was basically "Zangetsu" using Hichigo's powers using Sklaverei, gaining Hollow features from it, just like Kirge got Ayon features after using the technique.

Wiseblade

Naruto

Did Minato just forget that he invented the Rasengan? And where were these techniques during the Pain invasion?

I kind of feel bad for Sai, he had such a unique ability and Kishi did almost nothing with him.

Bleach

Another thing to reevaluate is the fluctuations in Ichigos's power at the beginning of the Arrancar arc. It wasn't the hollow interfering with Ichigo's power that caused Ichigo to weaken. It was Ichigo not accepting his true Zanpaktou (white) that caused him to weaken.

DarkMehm

You guys have some really good memory when it comes to Manga. I can't even discuss things that happened like 30 chapters ago. Normally my memory is really good, but I just can't seem to get the details of Manga in my head. ;(

Korosenai

You guys have some really good memory when it comes to Manga. I can't even discuss things that happened like 30 chapters ago. Normally my memory is really good, but I just can't seem to get the details of Manga in my head. ;(
Im the same way. I re-read volumes or chapters and see things that I completely forgot about. Kind of sucks, especially if you follow mangas that have 100+ chapters.

Naruto

Did Minato just forget that he invented the Rasengan? And where were these techniques during the Pain invasion?

I kind of feel bad for Sai, he had such a unique ability and Kishi did almost nothing with him.

Sai was a legitimately cool character. Much better than old whiny emo Sasuke. Kishi probably didn't do anything with him, because he never knows what to do with the cool stuff he (accidentally) creates.

Bleach

Unfortunately I think this was just plain awful and one of the worst reveals in the series. Forcing the character to have some sense of relevancy, using it to address the quincy issues, and oddly not addressing why this quincy inhabiting Ichigo would even entertain the thought of merging with the Hollow to be his power, in my opinion, leaves open many issues of concern (uryu couldnt sense another quincy's abilities right by him the whole time?, etc). Why cant we have the superior tensa zangetsu back...I wish to immediately forget this chapter and hope Bleach can somehow stop its downward spiral to irrelevancy and mediocrity.

Hystzen

Bleach

Another thing to reevaluate is the fluctuations in Ichigos's power at the beginning of the Arrancar arc. It wasn't the hollow interfering with Ichigo's power that caused Ichigo to weaken. It was Ichigo not accepting his true Zanpaktou (white) that caused him to weaken.

And the badge Ukitake gave him putting a limit on him which we found out during Fullbring

Bleach

You know, I had very difficulty trying to put the pieces together. But while wondering it, I re-read Chapter 112, "Zangetsu" absorbs the Hollow after the "fighting lesson" was over. Doesn't that look awfully similar to Sklaverei?

"Zangetsu" probably used Sklaverei on Ichigo's Inner Hollow when he woke up from Urahara's training and gained it's Shinigami powers. Allowing him to pose up as the Zanpakutou's spirit.

As far as I remember, we never saw Zangetsu fight while the Hollow was out. He probably let him out in certain moments to make Ichigo stronger before absorbing him back. The fight for Final getsuga Tenshou was basically "Zangetsu" using Hichigo's powers using Sklaverei, gaining Hollow features from it, just like Kirge got Ayon features after using the technique.

Very good observation. But i doubt it. Ichigo awaken his quincy powers when he fought Opie.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Bleach

I'm not sure why people are freaking out so much, it was obvious from the moment Bach appeared that he looked a lot like the old man from Ichigo's zampakto. Whatever the other twist the chapter had is lost on an awful translation sadly. Really good chapter as well if a bit short.

He's just the manifestation of Ichigo's Quincy powers. Yeolscratch isn't living in Ichigo's head.

Bleach

Unfortunately I think this was just plain awful and one of the worst reveals in the series. Forcing the character to have some sense of relevancy, using it to address the quincy issues, and oddly not addressing why this quincy inhabiting Ichigo would even entertain the thought of merging with the Hollow to be his power, in my opinion, leaves open many issues of concern (uryu couldnt sense another quincy's abilities right by him the whole time?, etc). Why cant we have the superior tensa zangetsu back...I wish to immediately forget this chapter and hope Bleach can somehow stop its downward spiral to irrelevancy and mediocrity.

Because it somehow interferes with your boy love romance universe, it sucks now? Okay.

Brickhunt

Very good observation. But i doubt it. Ichigo awaken his quincy powers when he fought Opie.

Ichigo? Yep, he didn't awaken his Quincy powers up until Kirge's fight.

But the "Young Yhwach"? Ichigo already interacted with him before he actually obtained his Shinigami powers. He should perfectly able to use his Quincy powers. Since Ouetsu revealed he was pretending to be the Zanpakutou spirit, makes sense he did an effort to not reveal or teach Quincy powers to Ichigo (for reason likely to be explained next chapter).

btw, I'm trying to find a bigger picture. But I found this on Narutoforums:

edit: Oh, I guess tinypic is banned.

Q7VPft8.jpg

To Love Ru Darkness 32

That's right, Rito!

Time to man up and rescue wife number __

Naruto

Nice to see other characters getting some screen time, since they have been forgotten about in part 2, are the summons the originals? doesn't look like Manda, if that is katsuya I guess she will be like Tsunade is dead lols but she saved the other kages. Making Shodai go super saiyan killing Madara again

7/10

It's just *a* snake. Manda is dead, and only Kabuto has access to Manda's clone.

Korosenai

One Piece
I love the little interactions between Usopp and Ceaser. They're awesome together.

Also, Robin actually did something so that makes me happy. Her powers are great, and she could be a strong fighter, I wish Oda would use her more.

FYC

Banned
I kind of want to read more D. Gray Man. Don't know if anyone remembers but I recently bought all the volumes up until the end of the Ark arc, where
everyone turns into zombies

I need more Lenalee and Timcanpy.

Oh and 7 seeds is cool. I'm not very far yet, but it's good!

Naruto 633

As a Kiba fan, I must say that was really well done and one of his best moments yet.

The three disciples using their respective summoning jutsus was just as exciting as last chapters ending moments of them using their new key attacks. Naruto ought to even bring out Gamatatsu to join in with Gamakichi.

Chapters like these make me wish we werent still dwelling in the land of fillers with the anime, but if this arc can wrap up soon in the manga, then I guess we'll get several months straight of canon to see it all finally play out.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
ONE PIECE IS BACK!

Good chapter, more set up. Not excited to see any sort of stamina questions enter in, hits too close to power levels which the series has done so well to distance itself from.

Though, Law is right the more I think about it, specifically about wanting to reserve strength for the inevitable Joker showdown.

So . .

Can it be time now? kthnx

Bleach

Well that explains why the old man and Juha look so damn similar and i'm cool with hollow Ichigo being the real deal since he's way better than normal Ichigo (plus Ichigo aping Hichigo's Black Getsuga Tenshou also makes more sense now). Hopefully he returns to the fray.

One Piece

Bellamy starting that recovery to arc main character :p (just saying this to fuck with brokasten lol).

Its nice seeing Law again being a boss and the other Strawhats doing their thing, even Ceasar not being much of a annoying "evil" idiot was refreshing. Now to see these dwarves.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Since AlimNassor went and posted BS once again...

Shingeki no Kyojin 56 spoilers

Ryner seems to have some kind of personality disorder and switches between his mankind-friendly soldier persona and his titan warrior one. He seems to remember an entirely different version of the recent events, and Bertolt has to remind him of who/what he is.

Elen unsurprisingly yells at Ryner and Bertolt for what they did five years ago, and that accomplishes about as much as you'd expect.

It gets more interesting when Ymir joins the conversation.
First off, they're waiting until it's dark to move, so titans won't be an issue. Ymir points out that titans could move in the dark just fine back at the fortress, and she's told "yes, and those here can't, you should know that, really".
Ymir asks Ryner about "the monkey". Ryner acts like he doesn't know what she's talking about. Ymir explains that the monkey / beast titan is the one who caused all those titans to appear within the wall and its objective probably was reconnaissance-in-force. Ryner and Bertolt's "home" is where that beast titan is, which is why they looked so elated when they saw him back at the fortress.
Ymir says she has her own reasons not to tell Elen everything, but at the very least, he should know that defeating Ryner and Bertolt wouldn't solve much in the end. Ryner interrupts her as she's about to tell him who they true enemy is (it apparently begins with "se"... "seifu" / "the gouvernement"? "sekai" / "the world"?).

Ryner points out that Ymir is betting on the wrong horse by allying herself with Elen. And while he can't ensure her safety once they're all back "home", he might be able to do something for Christa.
When Elen asks Ymir again about their real enemy, Ymir dodges the question. She's apparently been convinced by Ryner.

The beast titan wasn't actually revealed to not be human (i.e. he's called a monkey, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is), nothing about Christa not loving Ryner back, nothing about Bertolt being proud of what he did, nothing about the beast titan planning to attack the wall with an army of titans (although I guess that might be what the reconnaissance was for), nothing about Ymir being in on it and insulting Ryner for forgetting about that.

Man is it already Titan time? I feel like the most recent one was only like two weeks ago.

My guess has always been that the government has some kind of nefarious arrangement with the Titans/Titan society. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all to discover some kind of M. Night Shymalan twist where there's other colonies of people alive, but the Walls are kept as some kind of weird titan food colony.

Naito

Man is it already Titan time? I feel like the most recent one was only like two weeks ago.

My guess has always been that the government has some kind of nefarious arrangement with the Titans/Titan society. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all to discover some kind of M. Night Shymalan twist where there's other colonies of people alive, but the Walls are kept as some kind of weird titan food colony.

Mayhaps the government is experimenting with Titans to use them as war assets against enemy forces from another country. Wait, this isn't Claymore..!

LTTP: Wednesday ManGAF edition

Naruto

Wow this chapter was actually good, maybe because it had less Sakura. Also lol at Naruto and Sasuke checking each other out. Kishi you and your Yaoi undertones.

Seeing Team 8 and 10 fight was awesome but Kishi you suck for not letting Lee and Whats-her-name join the fight. Also Sai was hilarious and he was like a druggie asking for a boost from Naruto. The end ruined it all though. Summoning out of all things? Sasuke getting a summon retcon with the snake. Just the ending of it too. It was just fanservice to the sannin fans.

Bleach

WTFsjgnrsoigrngonrkg I was SHOCKED! I've been curious as to why Zangetsu and Bach look so similar but Kubo just dropped a Megaton on me with this chapter. SO MANY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS! I missed out on the discussion a bit but whoa Bach being Zangetsu and the representation of Ichigo's quincy powers is a shocker.

So Ichigo's bankai pimp coat was actually a Quincy mantle thing. O_O! So pumped for the next chapter. Also DTL sorry you feel that way but it ain't gonna change the fact that your favorite boys are taking a break for now and Tensa Zangetsu has almost 0 chance of appearing again unless its a flashback or for questions.

BTW I wonder if Bach being in Ichigo's body in spirit form was for stealing some of his powers.

One Piece

For Oda's comeback chapter it was actually pretty good. We got away from the tournament which was a boring read for the most part. More Law which always makes me happy. Seeing Law lead was a nice change from Luffy's usual recklessness as he plans and uses Luffy's crew to their strengths. Still not impressed with the moves that the crew has been busting out all that much.

Still a good solid chapter and I hope the next few are like this in pace as a lot was done in one chapter.

Overall a really good week for shonen manga with Bleach leading and One Piece following. Naruto seems to be getting better but its hard to go down lower than it did last week.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I read this on BA

Very interesting.

I still don't buy that this was ever thought up in advance.

It doesn't feel like a fluid arc where Kubo was intending all along to go in this direction. It feels like Kubo sat down after the Aizen arc, read all of the back volumes to inventory the open plot threads and then figured out ways to resolve while simultaneously retconning earlier elements into looking connected, e.g., let's make the bad guy look like Zangetsu and then Zangetsu will be evil all along.

Mr. Fix

People are going back and interpreting things differently now. Shit needs to be explicitly laid down beforehand before I buy it.

I still don't buy that this was ever thought up in advance.

It doesn't feel like a fluid arc where Kubo was intending all along to go in this direction. It feels like Kubo sat down after the Aizen arc, read all of the back volumes to inventory the open plot threads and then figured out ways to resolve while simultaneously retconning earlier elements into looking connected, e.g., let's make the bad guy look like Zangetsu and then Zangetsu will be evil all along.

You could make that argument for, literally, ANY medium. Weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom