• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a better strategy than MS's strategy because the publishers take the heat over the console, but consumers don't really have a recourse towards the publisher the way they do the console.

Obviously, I'm not arguing otherwise. Just stating what I believe to be the case with the PS4.

The 24h online check is obviously not there... but will they have a trade-in system in place for the publishers that do want activation DRM? I shouldn't have to worry about shit like this when it comes to consoles.

bigkrev

If I had to speculate, I think people are probably being naïve. I have my doubts that Sony's console will have drastically different DRM policies outside of the online thing. I imagine they're just capitalizing on the fact that MSFT made a mistake by unveiling all of the consumer-unfriendly shit from the get-go by keeping silent on their own console policies.

THing is, Sony came out, showed a bunch of games and cool features, said NO ALWAYS ONLINE REQUIREMENT, and said "while you will be able to play used games, no comment on how yet".

Microsoft showed no games, a bunch of TV stuff, said always online, fumbled the message with used games horribly with different people saying different things, and then when it came out with a firm policy today, its still missing tons of info and is horrible.

There is something to be said for planning your shots and and giving people something to hope for.

survivor

Banned
well, it's a Korean webtoon

what did you expect?
Something that doesn't feel like a generic Jump manga.

Korean web toons can be good.

Just not most of them.
I just want ones that aren't obviously aimed at high school boys. The disconnect is very large.

You should read kiss wood.

Also there's a Korean web toon about a guy who can read people's mind by touching them which is pretty decent but I can't remember the name.
You are thinking of Melo Holic. The saving grace of that story is how insanely meta it got after the plot twist reveal. Really well planned and executed.

Averon

So I guess the the OT is going down Monday morning to accommodate the E3 surge. May not see MangaGAF until late Tueday, a few hours after Nintendo's Direct airs.

Dresden

g37TYHs.jpg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-girl-manga-riddle-story-of-devil-gets-anime

It's like AssClass, but good.

Oh my.

Girls of the Wild's

lmao, this shit is stupid

Yeah, that was my impression of it (and one other webcomic thing I tried at the time, Noblesse). Dumb, bad art, etc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There are three different sort of evil black-haired chicks with large, mostly exposed breasts.

Kuroko no Basket 215:
This flashback feels like it's been going on for decades now. The material is still somewhat interesting, but I don't feel like we need to see the entirety of the characters time at Teikou. Let's just get to the place where they crush Kuroko's friend and make him quit basketball, and then return back to the present.

Man this week has been good for manga. Gray getting shot in the head comes 3rd as a shocker after Bach being Zangetsu and Furuichi getting killed. Holy shit a lot of character have been killed in April and June.

Fairy Tail
I can see Juvia having a lot of guilt over this. It was nicely done though we all pretty much expect him to come back to life soon. Disappointed that Ultear didn't go and kill Rouge. Still a chance the dragons can do it though.

HSDK
T_T TANAKA! This is the first master class fight where a master actually died. So sad but man what a great ending to a good arc. Wonder if Kenichi will hold a grudge and what Ryuuto will do now that he is without a master.

"Death" toll now:

Neji, Gray, Furuichi, Tanaka, and a couple of others I probably forgot.

So I guess the the OT is going down Monday morning to accommodate the E3 surge. May not see MangaGAF until late Tueday, a few hours after Nintendo's Direct airs.

Wait, I thought they didn't want to kill the OT for E3? When did they say they'd close it this year?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wait, I thought they didn't want to kill the OT for E3? When did they say they'd close it this year?

The entire forum broke during the XBone conference. I fail to see why OT would be up during E3. Its possible it might just be closed during the conferences proper, but I'm speculating without basis.

Someone died in Fairy Tail? LOL NOPE don't believe that shit after that stunt with Lisanna.

That depends on the load and the previous events (Nintendo direct, Xbox One unveil) have already given a bleak outlook on OT's fate so I wouldn't be surprised if it did go (either leaving only the really active ones likes Politics and Sports or take down the entire thing)

The entire forum broke during the XBone conference. I fail to see why OT would be up during E3. Its possible it might just be closed during the conferences proper, but I'm speculating without basis.

Yea the Nintendo direct before that also caused some issues too so I don't think your speculation is that off base.

Wiseblade

I would say "I'll miss you guys!" but honestly, I'll be way too busy reading news and enjoying meltdowns. That Wednesday is going to be fun though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I would say "I'll miss you guys!" but honestly, I'll be way too busy reading news and enjoying meltdowns. That Wednesday is going to be fun though.

It'll be fun to see how much of a train wreck Microsoft has planned. I'd say it couldn't get worse but we all know I'd be lying.

Wiseblade

It'll be fun to see how much of a train wreck Microsoft has planned. I'd say it couldn't get worse but we all know I'd be lying.

I don't know. At this point Microsoft's conference could just be don Mattrick giving the audience the finger for an hour while Steve Ballmer reads out a list of people currently subscribed to XBL and openly mocks them and I'd just applaud their honesty.

Kusagari

Everyone already expects most of their 15 "exclusives" to be Kinect games so it will be hard for them to top themselves again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't know. At this point Microsoft's conference could just be don Mattrick giving the audience the finger for an hour while Steve Ballmer reads out a list of people currently subscribed to XBL and openly mocks them and I'd just applaud their honesty.

Everyone already expects most of their 15 "exclusives" to be Kinect games so it will be hard for them to top themselves again.

Well, what if they announced that games are only playable for one year before they become unplayable and worthless?

Here is my Twitter

I would laugh my ass off if the demonstration Xbone's Kinetic breaks down during a game and they have to wait to bring a spare.

BTW I have a gut feeling that Naruto will be replaced by HXH this September if Kishi manages to end it by then.

Mostly because the guy has taken way too long a break!

I used to use twitter, but after my parents found it and yelled at me for something I posted (about being sick and throwing up lol) I stopped using it. I think I'll just wipe it clean, remove any references to my IRL persona and just rebrand it as the BassForeverGAF twitter.

Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san 23 - 24 (end)
tumblr_mo1repnMtT1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Well glad that that was over, though I did feel a bit sad that it has ended. Rai really grew on me over time, such an underrated and underutilized characters. Overall for a JUMP manga it just wasnt interesting and really lost its way early on. It had so much potential to be funny but it consistently left me just dying to get to the next txt bubble to bring me one more page closer to the ending. I wonder if the writer will really stay with JUMP, or switch magazines and companies entirely. 4/10.

Articalys

Things that the final Evangelion manga chapter managed to do:

- piss off /a/ (this was a given though)
- completely sell out every copy (or damn near close to it) of the July issue of Young Ace magazine nationwide
- get reprinted in the upcoming August issue of Young Ace (an extremely rare thing for a manga chapter -- apparently the only two chapters to do so previously were the final FMA chapter and the first chapter of MIX)

dumbyugi

- completely sell out every copy of the July issue of Young Ace magazine nationwide
- get reprinted in the upcoming August issue of Young Ace (an extremely rare thing for a manga chapter -- apparently the only two chapters to do so previously were the final FMA chapter and the first chapter of MIX)

That's pretty damn crazy. Especially for an ending that's apparently piss-poor.

survivor

Banned
In Full Bloom 1-20

This is decent I guess. It's about the political showdown between a tyrant king and his rebellious son who hired a legendary assassin in order to take over the throne. I figured this would be full of assassination action crap going by the first few chapters, but so far it's mostly about the mind games between the prince and the king. I would appreciate it if the king wasn't cartoonishly evil and if it was more a conflict of different ideologies rather than "I'm a big evil heartless asshole king" vs "young handsome hero prince". I like these filters for the comic. The artist seems stuck on using grey, blue and yellow colours overlaying the art like in the pictures above which look pretty when I'm not paying attention to the actual details of the art.

There is like 70 chapters left and I have no idea what will happen in them. Does it take this long to pull off one assassination? Maybe most of them will be dedicated to the aftermath of the assassination and the political turmoil? I don't know, I'm most likely not going back to read it to find out. While I appreciate the inner politics fighting, it doesn't have a good hook like Ooku and the characters are a bit too simple for me to care about them that much (these sad flashback are trying too hard).

bigkrev

- completely sell out every copy of the July issue of Young Ace magazine nationwide

Sell out?!? I don't know much about the print industry in Japan, but that seems unheard of.

Akito

Lol Japan's crazy about Evangelion. I wonder what will come after 4.0, surely they will not let such a cash cow slip away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom