• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: B

This chapter shows why Ichigo is a cool bro. The difference between him in this chapter and him in Hueco Mundo is huge.

However, I am really really impressed by the new Zanpakuto. Their asthetic, that is. My reservation is that Kubo will simply have a "DOUBLE GETSUGA TENSHOU" as Ichigo's new move. And that's not unrealistic. However, if Kubo stays on track with his good stuff this arc, then these new zanpakto can change everything for Ichigo's on-screen battles. It's clear Kubo can pull something from the tank when it comes to battles, because fights that aren't Ichigo's can be fun and creative - dual wielding Shunsui is fucking awesome. I only hope Kubo puts as much thought into Ichigo's new moveset as he did Shunsui's. I can see his style changing and fights becoming much better than what they have been since the Shinigami arc.

Quick read as always and nothing much else happened, but what happened was pretty big, and nice. Also, gearing up for Part 2 of the war? Did an Uryu/Bach conversation happen off-screen?

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHH, is this why they couldn't steal Ichigo's bankai?

Naruto: F(anfiction)

This is really written pretty badly. I can't believe the kage's are just okay. The Sakura derp face was drawn uh...um...well... but I understand what Kishi was trying to do so I give him props for that. Otherwise, terrible content all over the place.

Raxus

Naruto

Final page, OUT OF NOWHERE! It is like he had nowhere to end on an interesting note so he cut to something else completely. Sakura derp face. Series continues to be the Sasuke show even when we are hanging around characters completely separated from the action.

Bleach

Moar wasted panels! Moar! I wonder if Kubo has a contract where he can only write 50 words a chapter. I will admit I do want to see what the new swords can do.

One Piece

Figures, as soon as the series starts to hit it's stride BOOM break. Not that Oda hasn't earned it, I am still pretty bummed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Witchcraft works 11

ttKoyVR.png

What can't little sisters do?

Antiwhippy

I figured it would turn into a harem since all the witches want his "white stuff."

At least the arts good.

I like it so far.

It's weirdly funny.

Strangely, there's very little smut too.

Also yeah, the art and the design of the witches is pretty good.

Spongebob

Banned
Bleach
I'm betting that those two swords will combine with Ichigo's bankai. I'm also betting that the shorter one will display some quincy abilities.

Naruto
The plot is a complete mess at this point.

KingJ2002

Bleach:

Lots of filler pages... but i think it sets the tone and anticipation of his new zanpakuto.

Part Quincy Shadow / Part White Hollow. I can also see his swords combining to be a quincy bow. Either way... Ichigo development chapter complete. i'm curious to see the next installments and what happened to Byakuya.

Naruto:

Fan service.... but i love it. I wonder how the battlefield will change because of these developments.

As for Kakashi... it was time.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bleach

I went back through some old chapters to match up the images from the first page of today's chapter. After finding the "saved me under the shadow of a Quincy" image during the Kenpachi fight, I then came across this:

PCl0zEq.png

I sure didn't remember that! Asauchi being a defined term so early on, that is. Kinda neat.

Though it makes me WONDER, is that little asauchi there actually "White?" All tiny and repressed and useless, while "Zangetsu" the big shikai being brandied about is the impersonator? HmmMMMMM. As that fight in his inner world continues, Ichigo's conclusion is that "yes, I will fight with you, Zangetsu!" and the little asauchi switches places with the big Shikai sword. It almost seems like the whole thing was a trick, by embracing "Zangetsu" and fighting "with" him, he forfeited his true Zanpakutou, it went back into Hollow-ichigo's hands, and he continued to fight with the Quincy power. The last image on today's chapter's first page is Ichigo "borrowing Zangetsu's power," also from that fight, before the last swing of his sword. And today's text over it cleanly paints it as "borrowing Quincy power." It's pretty interesting how the conclusion of today's chapter actually undermines the lesson Ichigo thought he was supposed to learn back then, one about fighting with his Zanpakutou as a partner. Zaraki was almost more correct, in that there is no other power. It's all your power, it's all just one person. Zangetsu's whole method of teaching Ichigo was based in "fighting together with me," which was all just his method of repressing Ichigo's actual ability.

I wonder how much of this Urahara or Yoruichi were aware of while they trained Ichigo in his abilities.

Naruto 635

Tsunade still being alive is so goddamn disappointing. Oro should have just killed her right then and there.

And Sakura's face (more so her mouth) is really awkward. Should have just kept it closed like what Sai usually does.

Bleach 542

Twin swords are cool.

Wonder if they can fit in with each other.

Antiwhippy

Witchcraft works 22

Starting to get to an interesting set up, but still, nothing super dramatic. Read this if you want to read about cute witch girls doing cute witch stuff I guess. The light hearted comedy in this is pretty fun.

Dr Frost 63

Huh, so we get a small clue to what happened to his past, though it was hinted pretty heavily.

Khezu

Naruto

Poor Orochimaru, what have they done to you.

Someone should probably inform Sasuke that you can't actually kill tailed beasts, they just rez after awhile, so burning it with fire is kinda pointless.
Sasuke is a fucking crazy person BTW, from one extreme to the other, dude needs to seriously fucking chill. In a perfect world, Kishi would shock everyone by having Naruto betray Sasuke in the heat of the battle because Naruto can sense his emotions and realizes he would only get in the way.

Also it seems Naruto has some kind of plan to deal with the tailed beasts, and the 10 tails knows it, and that's why it attacked him earlier, it wants him out of the way. Madara also knows Naruto has the chakra of all the beasts inside him as well, so it makes even less sense for him to be setting on his ass twiddling his thumbs.

Heart no Kakurega 3
tumblr_moneqw8PiE1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Good progress for Haruto, thought Izumi, if he can take Jin's advice then maybe next chapter. I like how they both still thought of their failed attempt the day before, kind of funny. Better luck next time and maybe less painful.

• Sasuke regains everyones trust
  • Stabs Naruto in the back, killing him
  • Starts murdering everybody in sight of naruto during his dying breath
  • Kakashi comes back from his fight with Good Boy, half dead
  • Sees Naruto, revives him with Chiyo's life swap
  • Naruto is pissed, forgives Sasuke

Stinky

Disapointed by Ichigo's new swords.

Looks like a Bionicle weapon. The tiny one especially has that slit to fit the lego hand into.

Bleach 542

Ichigo's arms...the swords combined with appearance gave a really good and memorable page. If only it could be colored in a future Bleach artbook or color page of sorts. What if we get some type of double dual wielding synchronized Getsuga Tenshou now, creative and unique improvement and addition to his every growing toolbox of skills to use.

Bleach

I went back through some old chapters to match up the images from the first page of today's chapter. After finding the "saved me under the shadow of a Quincy" image during the Kenpachi fight, I then came across this:

PCl0zEq.png

I sure didn't remember that! Asauchi being a defined term so early on, that is. Kinda neat.

Though it makes me WONDER, is that little asauchi there actually "White?" All tiny and repressed and useless, while "Zangetsu" the big shikai being brandied about is the impersonator? HmmMMMMM. As that fight in his inner world continues, Ichigo's conclusion is that "yes, I will fight with you, Zangetsu!" and the little asauchi switches places with the big Shikai sword. It almost seems like the whole thing was a trick, by embracing "Zangetsu" and fighting "with" him, he forfeited his true Zanpakutou, it went back into Hollow-ichigo's hands, and he continued to fight with the Quincy power. The last image on today's chapter's first page is Ichigo "borrowing Zangetsu's power," also from that fight, before the last swing of his sword. And today's text over it cleanly paints it as "borrowing Quincy power." It's pretty interesting how the conclusion of today's chapter actually undermines the lesson Ichigo thought he was supposed to learn back then, one about fighting with his Zanpakutou as a partner. Zaraki was almost more correct, in that there is no other power. It's all your power, it's all just one person. Zangetsu's whole method of teaching Ichigo was based in "fighting together with me," which was all just his method of repressing Ichigo's actual ability.

I wonder how much of this Urahara or Yoruichi were aware of while they trained Ichigo in his abilities.

Damn, i was about to post that lol. Don´t forget that Zangetsu pulled Ichigo into his own world while using the quincy shadow technique.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Damn, i was about to post that lol. Don´t forget that Zangetsu pulled Ichigo into his own world while using the quincy shadow technique.

Right! The bottom-right panel today said pretty much exactly that, and when I re-read the old chapter I noticed that it sure was a real-world teleport going on there, but I only put it together like 60% in my head.

Startin to feel a little bit more "actually planned" here. Still not 100% convinced, but definitely gettin better.

Right! The bottom-right panel today said pretty much exactly that, and when I re-read the old chapter I noticed that it sure was a real-world teleport going on there, but I only put it together like 60% in my head.

Startin to feel a little bit more "actually planned" here. Still not 100% convinced, but definitely gettin better.

I think that there are plenty of evidence that Kubo planned that fake Zangetsu would be more than just a zampakto early on. When Ichigo gained his shinigami powers with Urahara´s help Ichigo showed up with his mask on, which means that it was his shinigami powers that escaped fake Zangetsu were his real powers manifesting when he got his powers back. I think that Kubo had plans for fake Zangetsu but i don´t think he himself knew it yet. He always keeps some issues open and tie it together later on. Some of them are planed, others are logical conclusion to his vision which he had a vague idea about.

Aizo

Banned
To those who posted their manga libraries, thank you! They're fantastic, and I'm just overflowing with envy.
Kurita, I'm proud of your GTO collection.
DTL, that Gundam Origin volume is the most spectacular manga volume I've ever purchased.
elyetis, yours is still quite impressive!!

I'm still curious to see many more!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The problem with Kubo's visions and planning is that the pieces of evidence are so few and far between that it's hard to really pin down if he really had it planned. However, there's no question that he planned this scenario and planned to do it in the Quincy arc for sure.

I really feel like the big flaw of Bleach was stretching out the Hueco Mundo/Arrancar saga for so long. I can't imagine how much tighter everything would feel if that arc was considerably shortened.

My manga library:

Complete Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z as single issues(until they stopped)
Ghost in the Shell
Solanin
Blade of the Immortal
1st volume of Naruto, Bleach, Deathnote and Vagabond in Japanese for some reason
1 issue of Shonen Jump from 2001
Single issue of the first chapter of Vagabond

Tamanon

Banned
The problem with Kubo's visions and planning is that the pieces of evidence are so few and far between that it's hard to really pin down if he really had it planned. However, there's no question that he planned this scenario and planned to do it in the Quincy arc for sure.

I really feel like the big flaw of Bleach was stretching out the Hueco Mundo/Arrancar saga for so long. I can't imagine how much tighter everything would feel if that arc was considerably shortened.

Kubo's editors did him a disservice there.

Kurita

Thermae Romae vol.1

Awesome manga. The art is gorgeous, it's funny and interesting, and entertaining from start to finish.
Love the time travelling aspect and Lucius's reactions to the modern stuff.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
There is some interview with Asano. I can't make sense of anything said, but a picture of the work environment was posted

I think most of the article is about Asano's workflow cause I see some stuff about how to come up with the story or how to handle the backgrounds and stuff.

I wonder if he is still planning the trans-gender manga. Seaside should be ending and PunPun still has a year left. Hope he does a short manga like Solanin and then a big project. However I have a feeling he will take a long break.

Kurita

I wonder if he is still planning the trans-gender manga. Seaside should be ending and PunPun still has a year left. Hope he does a short manga like Solanin and then a big project. However I have a feeling he will take a long break.
A Girl by the Sea already ended in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom