• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those who posted their manga libraries, thank you! They're fantastic, and I'm just overflowing with envy.
Kurita, I'm proud of your GTO collection.
DTL, that Gundam Origin volume is the most spectacular manga volume I've ever purchased.
elyetis, yours is still quite impressive!!

I'm still curious to see many more!

Im ready for vol 2 of Origin, need to see what The Red Comet does next.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Witchcraft Works 2-3

Obviously the manga needed to introduce a girl with cat ears. Because reasons.

I'm glad the main character is going to try to learn magic because him blacking out every chapter is getting old already.

Oh shit?! Walpurgis Night?!

Guess I already know who the real enemy is here.

&#9685;&#8255;&#8255;&#9685;

Foolworm

Bleach

I never thought about this, but there is only one swordsmith in the whole of Soul Society and he refuses to repair blades at the best of times? I feel so sorry for Ikkaku. Also, I can't wait for someone to steal Ichigo's new, eventual, bankai now that he has pretty much renounced his quincy side.

Naruto

No, the most powerful kaijuu in the Narutoverse won't be taken down so easily by Sharingan hax - thank goodness.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hey guys remember how fucking scary Orochimaru was when he first showed up! yea fuck this :/

qmmsjaG.png

oooooh gonna getcha

Also, I can't wait for someone to steal Ichigo's new, eventual, bankai now that he has pretty much renounced his quincy side.

I bet ya the fact that one blade is basically Quincy-powered will make his Bankai unstealable.

Shouta

Naruto

Well, this was about the best explanation for Orochimaru's motivations throughout the series. He just likes being the trouble-maker for the village. It kind of makes some sense considering his plans seemed so wildly inconsistent between events. His "at the moment" motivation always differed but in the greater picture, he kind was like Madara, prior to ultra-heel turn.

Foolworm

[I bet ya the fact that one blade is basically Quincy-powered will make his Bankai unstealable.

If each blade is one side of his powers, my money would be on the large one being his Shinigami/hollow side and therefore stealable. It would be interesting to see how good he does with that dagger cleaver thing after that.

However, I won't take up the bet because plot-armour means I will lose.

Mysterious Girlfriend 77

A blonde challanger appears! At this point, it's become Sundome lite.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
qmmsjaG.png

oooooh gonna getcha

I bet ya the fact that one blade is basically Quincy-powered will make his Bankai unstealable.

First thing I thought when I read it. Gogoplotarmor

I bet it's the large one. Let's see how good he does with that dagger cleaver thing.

Mysterious Girlfriend 77

A blonde challanger appears! At this point, it's become Sundome lite.

Dude is starting to get a harem. Looks like someone is going to need to break out the panty scissors.

Foolworm

Dude is starting to get a harem. Looks like someone is going to need to break out the panty scissors.

The change in the art style is pretty shocking. It's very flat and blocky now, looks almost like a cross between the Pokemon manga and Beetle Bailey.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The change in the art style is pretty shocking. It's very flat and blocky now, looks almost like a cross between the Pokemon manga and Beetle Bailey.

It's really not that bad. I'd be even more shocked if the art style didn't change after 70 or so months.

Erigu

Naruto

Well, this was about the best explanation for Orochimaru's motivations throughout the series. He just likes being the trouble-maker for the village.
That was the explanation he gave a while ago though.
What we've learned this week is that he has changed and now thinks it's better to just watch other people be the trouble-makers. Better how? Better somehow! Maybe he's simply lazy, you don't know!

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
That was the explanation he gave a while ago though.
What we've learned this week is that he has changed and now thinks it's better to just watch other people be the trouble-makers. Better how? Better somehow! Maybe he's simply lazy, you don't know!

He thinks Sauce is a superior troll.

bigkrev

To those who posted their manga libraries, thank you! They're fantastic, and I'm just overflowing with envy.
Kurita, I'm proud of your GTO collection.
DTL, that Gundam Origin volume is the most spectacular manga volume I've ever purchased.
elyetis, yours is still quite impressive!!

I'm still curious to see many more!

I'm downsizing, but I'll post my no smaller collection a little later

Naruto

Okay Kishi, you successfully fucked with me. I didn't even realize Tsunade was torn in the middle. Karin, Suigetsu and Orochimaru interaction was pretty boring... aside from Orochimaru threatening them and acting silly in the background :lol The rest was kinda unfocused. Too little of too many things in too few pages.

Bleach

I waited a week to see Ichigo get some ugly cutlery? Thanks for nothing, Kubo.

Pimpwerx

Bleach
Double-wielding Zangetsu and Hichigo? That's pimp. I hope he has two bankais as a result. I hope there's some sort of training arc incoming to develop both of his powers. His vizard powers should have gotten a boost now that he understands his hollow side.

Naruto
A lot is happening right now. Hopefully next week starts with Kakashi and Orochimaru. Also, why didn' Sasuke just amaerasu the juubi from the start? What's the point of eye hax if you don't use them like they're capable of? PEACE.

Dynedom

Bleach

Is this supposed to be some sort of veiled link/shout-out to Ukitake and Kyoraku? They're supposedly 2 of the strongest Caps and dual-wield.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach

Is this supposed to be some sort of veiled link/shout-out to Ukitake and Kyoraku? They're supposedly 2 of the strongest Caps and dual-wield.

I read it as more of a rule of cool thing. Old Man Genocide was the strongest and he only had one sword, with 37 different powers.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bleach
Double-wielding Zangetsu and Hichigo? That's pimp. I hope he has two bankais as a result. I hope there's some sort of training arc incoming to develop both of his powers. His vizard powers should have gotten a boost now that he understands his hollow side.

I wonder if he even still HAS his vizard powers, since he's totally embraced his hollow side here, and transformed it directly into a blade. I bet you we already got a sneak peak at his bankai when he was burgering Ulquiorra.

[Edit] Actually I take it back. Tensa Zangetsu was a combination of the old man and hollow Ichigo, in his inner world. His bankai will probably combine the two blades into one.

Hystzen

Bleach

What they have is unique very few twin Zans exist which is big deal about them plus also being good friends.

nothing to with strength.

what is interesting will ichigo be carrying around to swords attached to his back via bandages or will they disappear (like the panel this week where swords disappeared and sprits hovering over) and can be summoned at will

bigkrev

Precious Loveless.

Only two Tegami Bachi volumes? :(

I still need to try to find someway to get that illustration book for it.

I've read all of it, but I probably should buy more books. If I can get them cheap enough i'll be getting them at some point.

I'm actively buying Loveless, but only want it in the 2-in-1 format.

How classly.

um...not pictured are a few "adult" items that I keep in a drawer instead of displaying them, for obvious reasons ^^;

Guys, I know Wednesay's kind of crazy with the Big 3, but calm down a little, you broke GAF !

I guess I could post my 200ish manga collection but I only have a quarter of it in my apartment, the rest is at my parents' :/ Plus now the med books take way more space ha ha

Articalys

Everyone's going to ignore this post anyway but

Spirit Circle 13

For how so many people seem to have loved Biscuit Hammer, doesn't seem like anyone else here is reading this one. Yes it's monthly so it's a bit slow, but it's still really good.

Spirit Circle 13

For how so many people seem to have love Biscuit Hammer, doesn't seem like anyone else here is reading this one. Yes it's monthly so it's a bit slow, but it's still really good.

I was planning on starting to read this soon. At least this gives me good confidence that it'll be a worthwhile read.

dumbyugi

Spirit Circle 13

For how so many people seem to have love Biscuit Hammer, doesn't seem like anyone else here is reading this one. Yes it's monthly so it's a bit slow, but it's still really good.

I'm letting it get ahead so I can read it in bulk.

Wiseblade

Narut-WHO GIVES A DAMN

Because clearly no manga- scratch that, no no form of fictional entertainment can compare to the real life drama taking place in the videogame industry right now. Sasuke's inevitable betrayal can wait, Microsoft are eating crow.

Akito

Oricon Comic Rankings June 10th ~ June 16th
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/actus/2013/06/20/Top-50-Oricon-du-10-au-16-juin

01. One Piece #70 (397 934 / 2 418 424)
02. Chihayafuru #21 (202 773 / 202 773)
03. Bleach #59 (88 261 / 493 743)
04. Worst #32 (64 083/204 678)
05. Broken Blade #12 (60 222 / 60 222)
06. Shingeki no Kyojin #10 (59 486 / 1 117 438)
07. Shingeki no Kyojin #09 (57 669 / 1 167 815)
08. Shingeki no Kyojin #08 (56 660 / 1 202 373)
09. Hanakimi to Koisuru Watashi #06 (55 287 / 55 287)
10. Shingeki no Kyojin #05 (54 832 / 1 363 465)
11. Shingeki no Kyojin #01 (54 334 / 1 610 564)
12. Shingeki no Kyojin #04 (54 218 / 1 407 846)
13. Shingeki no Kyojin #06 (54 064 / 1 311 332)
14. Shingeki no Kyojin #07 (53 840 / 1 224 08)
15. Shingeki no Kyojin #03 (53 460 / 1 531 504)
16. Shingeki no Kyojin #02 (53,130 / 1,571,729)
17. Aku no Hana #08 (45,048 / 89,036)
18. Kodomo no Jikan #13 (Fin) (42,400)
19. Shokugeki no Sôma #02 (41,840 / 176,682)
20. Ôke no Monshô #58 (40,731)
21. Claymore #24 (40,512 / 176,268)
22. Sket Dance #31 (38,654 / 165,755)
23. Ajin #02 (36,835 / 66,891)
24. Kodomo no Jikan - Hôgako (35,650)
25. Sex Pistols #07 (34,725 / 35,337)
26. Ikusa no Ko - Oda Saboura Nobunaga-den #04 (Edition Limitée) (30,929)
27. Nisekoi #07 (30,824 / 164,557)
28. Merry Nightmare (Yumekui Merry) #10 (26,480)
29. Sankarea #08 (26,460 / 54,411)
30. Seito Shokun! Saishûshô Tabitachi #08 (26,296)
31. Baki Gaiden - Kizuzura #02 (24,170 / 50,953)
32. Letter Bee (Tegami Bachi) #16 (23,765 / 108,312)
33. Medaka Box #21 (22,838 / 113,652)
34. Shingeki! Kyojin Chûgakkô #01 (22,049 / 157,688)
35. Shôwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjû #04 (21,089 / 42,048)
36. Fairy Tail #38 (Edition Limitée) (20,345)
37. Nobunaga no Chef #07 (18,509)
38. Love Mission (Watashi ni ×× Shinasai!) #12 (17,124)
39. Aoi Honô #10 (17,068)
40. Jojolion #04 (16,777 / 465,474)
41. Sakamoto Desu ga? #01 (16,623 / 677,694)
42. Secret Service - Maison de Ayakashi (Inu × Boku SS) #09 (16,568 / 349,452)
43. Ajin #01 (16,327 / 108,875)
44. One Piece #69 (16,184 /3,014,074)
45. Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic #17 (16,119 / 492,370)
46. Terra Formars #05 (15,472 / 367,171)
47. Ai Dano Koi Dano #06 (15,294 / 61,184)
48. Deadman Wonderland #12 (14,721 / 217,442)
49. Torikae Baya #02 (14,513 / 14,706)

Go go Swagamoto :lol

<b>Naruto</b>
I'm guessing Sasuke didn't really change in two seconds like previously thought. He is still on the path of revenge and whatnot, but being channeled in a different way.

Really not that interested in the 5 kages. I feel like we should've seen all they had to offer against Madara.

<b>Bleach</b>
Zanpaktos don't look that cool, but maybe things will change with Bankai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom