• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a smutty revenge story. I think some of the assassinations are funny, but really that's the only positive thing I can say about it now after having some time to mull over it.

The story's pure trash, but on a formal level (artwork, panel layout) I think it's quite good.

PS Asano sux, Boys on the Run best series of 4ever

Cwarrior

Come on, you guys at least have to admit how weird the faces and heads of the humans look

I used to like the mangka art but with each manga I read from him, his identical looking character design that show up everywhere got repetitive and annoying, also once you notice the background are photoshoped then the magic is gone.

His art is great if your reading one of his manga's for the first time, gets worse the more you read.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I used to like the mangka art but if each manga a read from him, his identical looking character design that show up everywhere got repetitive and annoying, also once you notice the background are photoshoped the magic is gone.

The art his great if your reading one of his mangka's for the first time, gets worse the more you read.

So do you pretty much dislike all manga art? Same face syndrome is basically endemic to the medium.

More like
self-defence... defence force

Which is why I don't understand why he didn't just go to the police. Instead he's so fucked in the head that he used that opportunity to trap the girl he's been chasing for.

dumbyugi

Assassination Classroom 48

This arc hasn't been bad but I'm getting kind of bored of the same thing happening everytime. I wish the story would just move foward a bit.

Cwarrior

So do you pretty much dislike all manga art? Same face syndrome is basically endemic to the medium.

There's same face syndrome then there's ripping your own design straight whole sale again and again, the man doesn't even try(plus I don't feel the characters are far enough from there counterpart, same problem I have with adachi work aswell although adachi sucks).

I liked the original design at first but after seeing all the clones start to popping up in all his works it became unpleasant to look at.

Antiwhippy

There's same face syndrome then there's ripping your own design straight whole sale again and again, the man doesn't even try(plus I don't feel the characters are far enough from there counterpart, same problem I have with adachi work aswell although adachi sucks).

I liked the original design at first but after seeing all the clones start to popping up in all his works it became unpleasant to look at.

I really don't recall that many clones. Or any clones at all, really. I've read most of his major stories as well as a few of the minor ones.

At least asano actually does have different facial designs.

survivor

Banned
Asano has no clones. Just look at all these unique and easily identifiable characters that were in no way cloned into later stories

ibo5CsLrJjsBZL.jpg

Antiwhippy

I really can't tell when you're being sarcastic, survivor. :p

Seriously though, that just reminds me that I should reread What a Wonderful World. I can only really remember the Bear's story.

Eyeshield 21 41-49

The game against the sphinx showed a ton of development for the DB's. The dork still hasn't found his role yet (it's gonna be kicker) but as a whole everyone got tons better even in a tie. The battle between kings and gods should be exciting as hell assuming they show the full thing.

Kurita

Eyeshield 21 41-49

The game against the sphinx showed a ton of development for the DB's. The dork still hasn't found his role yet (it's gonna be kicker) but as a whole everyone got tons better even in a tie. The battle between kings and gods should be exciting as hell assuming they show the full thing.
The real fun begins now!

survivor

Banned
I really can't tell when you're being sarcastic, survivor. :p

Seriously though, that just reminds me that I should reread What a Wonderful World. I can only really remember the Bear's story.

Reread Before Dawn first because that's the best short story collection. And stay the hell away from City of Light cause it's Asano's worst translated manga. Or the optimistic version of it, it's Asano's 7th best manga.

Shaman King 24-26

I guess Ryu will reappear during the Shaman Fight with the bandit as his ally because the bandit had far too unique of a design to be never seen again. The ending of chapter 26 was pretty awesome, seeing Shaman's all over the world prepare for the big Shaman Fight. Things are about to get real.

Shaman King 23

So I completely fucked up where I was and skipped a chapter, seeing Anna try to send someone to hell was bad ass. LOL I dun goofed!

Yotsuba 22-24

Jumbo is probably my least favorite character in this series, he constantly comes off as a creep which is too bad because when he's not being overly creepy he's generally a pretty nice guy.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
But that's Asano's style. He has released a lot of work in a short amount compared to other artist. I always imagined they were all in the same timeline so it's different characters experiencing different lives.

Wait, how is jumbo creepy?

He just has a crush on asagi.

He also continues to try and be overly friendly with the kids to the point that they feel weirder out by him, I know he has good intentions but it's how he handles it which is odd.

You've made many enemies today.

As long as most of them over lap with the people who hate me for believing in Lord Griffith I'm okay.

Rave Master 22-24

Zzzz boring fights, hard to get excited about a fight when almost no one is taking it seriously. Also why do so many people have Dark Bring especially when they seem to have no interest in the main objective of the antagonist group?

Pokemon Adventures Black&White Vol.1

smwfwz9.jpg

And here comes the 'full' volume collections of the B/W arc.

'Full' has this basically be the same number of chapters as the magazine collections so that's a little :|

Looking it up seems that the HG/SS stuff was part of the Japanese volume so I guess it makes sense to not toss them in, but I guess paying more for the same just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Otherwise, same old, same old, just more N now.

Antiwhippy

Balancing Toy 1

Manga is about a young widower and his 15 year old step-daughter. I really like the art and atmosphere so far, but I keep getting the sneaking suspicion that this will go to an usagi drop route and it's kinda skeeving me out.

I'll keep reading it though and hope that it's not going that route. Just kinda fun and fluffy so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom