• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feng Shen Ji

Holy Cow, This series has instantly shot up in my to read list. Part Berserk and part God of war. Best action series in some time and it's all in colour.

Feng_Shen_Ji_ch4_p11.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think it's so much Americans preferring art to writing as Americans preferring "safe," typical art to styles they don't associate with manga and anime.

I have this alternate theory that manga isn't particularly popular in the first place and therefore people only like a very limited selection in the first place.

I have this alternate theory that manga isn't particularly popular in the first place and therefore people only like a very limited selection in the first place.

That doesn't really have any bearing on my theory as I was arguing that proportionally American audiences prefer typical art styles.

Blusby

Up to date with Pandora Hearts, and DAMN is it good, I seriously can't wait for the next chapter. This manga is so far a 10/10 for me.
Also started A Bride's Story, this is some classy shit with some gorgeous art.

Blusby

Really? I read the first few chapters and found the plot awful and characters annoying as hell.
I found the characters to be pretty well-written and likable, also their relationships with one another are consistently evolving throughout the course of the story. The plot gets really cool and has some good foreshadowing in the earlier chapters. It really gives me an FMA kinda feel.This manga is has a lot drama/character interaction with action coming every now and again, which I kinda like. If I had one very minor bone to pick it's probably that the male members of the cast are much more developed and complex than the females, then again they are still entertaining and well-written so it's not a real gripe for me.

Stulaw

Sora no Otoshimono 72
Well,
Sohara disappearing/dying was already foreshadowed when they went back in time and now there's a new continent being created for Sugata, who was once a citizen of Synapse
It's good that the story's making progress, it's a shame that this is a monthly.

Up to date with Pandora Hearts, and DAMN is it good, I seriously can't wait for the next chapter. This manga is so far a 10/10 for me.

Where is kayos90, he also likes Pandora Hearts.
I need to get the volumes beyond 6...academy arc has been my favorite so far, good to know it stays great all the way through.

Articalys

You don't need to spoiler tag things if a chapter has been released in English (except if you think it would be a personal courtesy to others), but it's still amusing to see people messing up spoiler tags when the button is now built into GAF by default.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sora no Otoshimono 72
Well,
Sohara disappearing/dying was already foreshadowed when they went back in time and now there's a new continent being created for Sugata, who was once a citizen of Synapse
It's good that the story's making progress, it's a shame that this is a monthly.

Wait what? What chapter was the foreshadowing?

Also, man this chapter was just... I have no idea what's going on.

Fairy Tail 338

Natsu entrance was unforgettable (though that dialogue is questionable...) if thats what Mashima really wrote...Gray (best attire) denying Juvia and Lyon giving up to was probably my other favorite parts.

Articalys

For anyone who doesn't drop by the anime thread, it was revealed at the noitaminA lineup event today that the Silver Spoon anime is actually two seasons long, split between this season and the coming winter season (restarting January 2014). So there's going to be twice as much farm action as we originally had though.

Mousou Elektel v3 chp 5
tumblr_mpgru5zQvX1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Best part of this friday morning, making up and then finally going all the way, though painful. Hopefully she does even more for the end of this volume and the next one. It also seemed like the art has gotten even better making all the scenes way more immersive and enjoyable and what not. Crying Fumi and crying Shunpei and then this Fumi, so memorable.

Akito

For anyone who doesn't drop by the anime thread, it was revealed at the noitaminA lineup event today that the Silver Spoon anime is actually two seasons long, split between this season and the coming winter season (restarting January 2014). So there's going to be twice as much farm action as we originally had though.
Good news. And is the new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovWdbAePcnQ

Mikage's and Komaba's voices are a perfect fit but Hachiken did get a little on my nerves because of the yelling.

Kurita

Well yeah, yelling never bothers me in the manga because, well I don't have to hear it. And then there are voice actors who are more annoying than others when it comes to yelling.

That's why I can't stand the Shingeki no Kyojin anime even though I love the manga.

Stulaw

Sorry upandaway, I should really watch my tags

Wait what? What chapter was the foreshadowing?

Also, man this chapter was just... I have no idea what's going on.

Erm in
Chapter 68, Tomoki and Sohara go back in time and meet their younger selves, near the end of the chapter, Younger Sohara gets ill because she has a weak body, Sohara in the future said that that all of a sudden disappeared. After a night outside, they go back to find young Tomoki crying and holding Sohara's doll (which she mentioned that he never gave it back), and all of a sudden, he loses his memory and and doesn't know why he's crying, and neither do the others who suddenly get warped back to the present. This suggests that she probably died of her illness, and was suddenly brought back with Tomoki's memories being changed..

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Also started A Bride's Story, this is some classy shit with some gorgeous art.

Oh hell yeah PH is good. When it hits the third arc it just keeps on going. The first two are good but it's nowhere near as the following ones.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sorry upandaway, I should really watch my tags

Erm in
Chapter 68, Tomoki and Sohara go back in time and meet their younger selves, near the end of the chapter, Younger Sohara gets ill because she has a weak body, Sohara in the future said that that all of a sudden disappeared. After a night outside, they go back to find young Tomoki crying and holding Sohara's doll (which she mentioned that he never gave it back), and all of a sudden, he loses his memory and and doesn't know why he's crying, and neither do the others who suddenly get warped back to the present. This suggests that she probably died of her illness, and was suddenly brought back with Tomoki's memories being changed..

Oh wow, interpreted it in a completely different way.

Man, Sora no otoshimono is kinda turning into a bit of a bummer. :p

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why is Gray such a dick to Juvia all the time again?

Fairy Tail 339

Im glad Tartar sauce is finally coming into the plot but the other stuff in the chapter was depressing. The letter and then realizing who it was and Gray's tears :/ most memorable female character in the manga.

Angry Grimace

Fairy Tail 339

Im glad Tartar sauce is finally coming into the plot but the other stuff in the chapter was depressing. The letter and then realizing who it was and Gray's tears :/ most memorable female character in the manga.

There are like eight characters that look exactly like Ultear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom