• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma

Tadakoro with dat level up.

Lets see what happened to Soma and I wouldn't be surprised its because he did something dumb that's not fully related to the test.

Or it could be one of his failure dishes that are apparently so bad that customers who eat it are sexually assaulted

hmmm

upandaway

Fine I really meant among the "big 3 magazines" when I said that, geez, gosh, hmph, whatever

Don't get so hung up on the small details people

I don't even get what DTL is talking about

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma

Tadakoro with dat level up.

Lets see what happened to Soma and I wouldn't be surprised its because he did something dumb that's not fully related to the test.

Or it could be one of his failure dishes that are apparently so bad that customers are sexually assaulted

hmmm

He's probably too butthurt about losing the Shokugeki so he'll mess up and shit. But who knows, he might just do some Ace-level shit as usual.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Chances are Soma realized there was a fatal flaw in his chosen dish and is scrambling to come up with a new one.

Then he succeeds and everyone's like OH SHIT DAT SOMA and Doujima's all "Even under such pressure... this kid..."

And Nakiri can blush and tsun at him, "B-baka!"

In my experience, the monthly ones seems to have stories with often better art, better pacing, and just offer a more wholesome experience. They just feel more satisfying. Most of my favorites have come from monthly/bimonthly ones.

I would say it weekly has the edge for me when i look at it .
Orange Road , Touch , 3×3 Eyes are a few manga i really like that was weekly .

He's probably too butthurt about losing the Shokugeki so he'll mess up and shit. But who knows, he might just do some Ace-level shit as usual.

Maybe since he's been slowly getting the picture since the Aldini stuff, the Erina revelation while talking to Dojima and now Losing/Tadokoro saving him. Too bad he doesn't know that Isshiki held back

Chances are Soma realized there was a fatal flaw in his chosen dish and is scrambling to come up with a new one.

Then he succeds and everyone's like OH SHIT DAT SOMA and Doujima's all "Even under such pressure... this kid..."

And Nakiri can blush and tsun at him, "B-baka!"

hahaha.

Yea i honestly had the thought he would do some crazy shit like prepare a new meal in the timeframe and still get to his target LOL.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Its also possible the author is not terrible and will make Soma not be the Ace for the entire series.

Fairy Tail 338

Fancy outfits, kittens and Juvia 2.0!

Fairy Tail 339

Huh, interesting end result for her.

Fairy Tail 340

Haha, the royal crown.

Azure J

Hunter x Hunter

That feel when you legitimately crack a smile reading a manga and literally see its horizons expand in front of you. The world map as per Ging settled it, this is God tier shounen. I am SO excite and now understand why people put up with Togashi's painful Hiatus x Hiatusing.

Also, Alluka is fucking d'aww.

Edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU @ Chapter 340, both for the content and for my first experience with getting hiatus'd. Why would you do that right there of all places... D:

Edit 2: Wow, didn't know there was a rule against spoilers in bold, really sorry guys. :(

Kurita

Shokugeki no Soma 30

eUh6zTG.png

So moe

Assassination Classroom 48

Still really liking that arc. It seems like it's coming to an end, that's kind of sad but at least it didn't drag on.

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter

That feel when you legitimately crack a smile reading a manga and literally see its horizons expand in front of you. The world map as per Ging settled it, this is God tier shounen. I am SO excite and now understand why people put up with Togashi's painful Hiatus x Hiatusing.

Also, Alluka is fucking d'aww.

Edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU @ Chapter 340, both for the content and for my first experience with getting hiatus'd. Why would you do that right there of all places... D:
All reactions I expected haha. But yeah that 340, it's just ridiculous. We've been there for a while now, by the way.

I wanted to point out that you shouldn't put spoilers in the bolded header but DTL saw it already, too late...

Blusby

So that I can see if I would align my manga preferences with yours, what else would you give a 10/10 to?

I don't really read much manga so I wouldn't be able to say, granted I never liked a manga so much. Ihihihi, though I can say that the Humpty Dumpty arc was by far my favorite one.
I also need to read through the rest of my Gunslinger Girl volumes before my order of Vol. 15 comes in. Prison School is also something I need to read cause of that delicious art.

Kurita

Ao Haru Ride vol.1 (aka Blue Spring Ride)
9e5OTVl.jpg

Yoshioka Futaba has a few reasons why she wants to "reset" her image and life as a new high-school student. Because she's cute and had a demure personality she was ostracized by her female friends in junior high, and because of a series of misunderstandings and mishaps, she couldn't get her feeling across to the one boy she has always liked, Tanaka Kou.

Now in high school, she is determined to be as unladylike as possible so that her friends won't be jealous of her. While living her life this way contentedly, she meets Tanaka-kun again, but he now goes under the name of Mabuchi Kou. He tells her that he felt the same way as she did when they were younger, but that they cannot go back. Will Futaba be able to continue her love that never even started from three years ago?

As always, you've got the girl who is in love that dude, the latter has a lot of personal issues, so she'll try to understand and help him blah blah blah. I'm still not tired of that kind of premise though. :lol
The art isn't that bad for a shoujo, I really like the way the author draws hair, it often look damn good. There are good and funny reaction faces every now and then.
The first volume did a good job introducing the main characters, I already like them all.
Right off the bat there are several "mini" stories involving numerous characters, and I think this could lead to a great number of entertaining scenes and situations.
I'm definitely looking forward to the one with Murao and Kominato. It's even more interesting and intriguing because these two characters aren't even part of the main cast, (i.e. we didn't really see them interacting with Futaba or Tanaka).
So yeah, dis gonna b gud.

Fairy Tail 338

The title should have been cleavage cause there was a ton of it this chapter. lol
Loved the interactions between the guilds and Natsu making that entrance was just hilarious. Kagura was just too cute.

Fairy Tail 339
Somber chapter and reflection on what happened. Ultear passing on was sad but with FT you never know. Mashima does have a tendency to kill characters later on his manga vs early in his manga so it might be permanent. Tartarus is mentioned which makes me excited as they might be the Zeref followers dark guild I've been waiting for since Zeref was introduced.

Fairy Tail 340
Stepping point into the next arc. Very dark with Zeref and Mavis speaking to each other.
I really do wonder what makes Natsu so special to be able to kill Zeref. Can't wait for the next 3 chapters. Mashima is really hard working, if only Togashi would have 1/3 of Mashima's or Oda's work ethic lol.

Beelzebub
Toujou you are OP with the seal now. Needs more Kunieda imo but thats probably next week. Oga is still struggling but he seems to be catching on.

HSDK
Fanservice galore. Shigure you are awesome. Excited to see the armors finish up.

Fairy Tail 339
Somber chapter and reflection on what happened. Ultear passing on was sad but with FT you never know. Mashima does have a tendency to kill characters later on his manga vs early in his manga so it might be permanent. Tartarus is mentioned which makes me excited as they might be the Zeref followers dark guild I've been waiting for since Zeref was introduced

Crimson that old women was Ultear .
Well it seem that way.

Kurita

Shingeki no Kyojin

:lol Eren hitting Reiner was so satisfying!
A pretty exciting chapter overall, lots of stuff going on, it was great.

survivor

Banned
Ao Haru Ride vol.1 (aka Blue Spring Ride)
http://i.imgur.com/9e5OTVl.jpg[IMG]

[B]As always, you've got the girl who is in love that dude, the latter has a lot of personal issues, so she'll try to understand and help him blah blah blah. I'm still not tired of that kind of premise though. :lol[/B]
The art isn't that bad for a shoujo, I really like the way the author draws hair, it often look damn good. There are good and funny reaction faces every now and then.
The first volume did a good job introducing the main characters, I already like them all.
Right off the bat there are several "mini" stories involving numerous characters, and I think this could lead to a great number of entertaining scenes and situations.
I'm definitely looking forward to the one with Murao and Kominato. It's even more interesting and intriguing because these two characters aren't even part of the main cast, (i.e. we didn't really see them interacting with Futaba or Tanaka).
So yeah, dis gonna b gud.[/QUOTE]
Modern day shoujo is dead.

I will read it after I finish the terrible Strobe Edge cause Sakisaka's art is cute, but I don't have any high expectations.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Attack on Titan

Is it me or did that chapter make it seem like shit is even weirder than it was before? Whatever the hell is going on seems like it's going to be huge.

I'm going back and forth between Kigndom, a genuinely good manga, and Terra Formars, a so-bad-it's-still-bad-but-whatevs manga.

I feel weird.

Angry Grimace

Shingeki 47

It's still damn jarring to see Bertholdt get dominated so easily when he was built up to be the main antagonist at the beginning.

I think they've done a good job explaining why the Colossal isn't just a completely overpowered wrecking ball. Dude's so slow that without doing the steam attack he could theoretically get killed by Mikasa or something.

TrueBlue

Scanlation delay. Main group is still releasing stuff but their partner has disappeared. They don't seem too worried about it though. Plus this same delay happened last summer too so the guy probably just goes on vacation for a month or something.

I hope so, Yamada is my favourite series at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom