• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Three chapters of Fairy Tail in a week and nothing happened

GG Mashima
KuGsj.gif

Fairy Tail
Okay set of chapters to end the Arc and start a new one .
Still Mashima is a monster 3 chapters this week and 3 again next week .
That is a crazy amount of work even with assistants .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail
Okay set of chapters to end the Arc and start a new one .
Still Mashima is a monster 3 chapters this week and 3 again next week .
That is a crazy amount of work even with assistants .

He's probably working fairly far ahead.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Prison School 1

I have no idea why but the art in this manga being this good is really weirding me out, considering the premise.

Will continue though. Looks pretty fun.

Shokugeki no Soma 30
tumblr_mpgz352xPB1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Good chapter quite a few of the little things made it rather entertaining and enjoyable, like one of the kids looking like a young version of Soma, fresh character designs of young and old characters, especially Sena, amazing Takumi panels, and etc.

Surely Soma can come up with something, I mean, even Salad there is being taken like theres no tomorrow. Just difficult to really believe he is struggling based on his previous dishes.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

Eating chapter. Now I'm hungry...
The old man offering his grandson to Tadokoro was hilarious.
What is Soma up to....

I'm baaaaack! Just in time for SnK spoilers

Source: MH, don't believe me go look

Ymir is very, very old and didn't attack R/B's comrade on purpose. The Scouting legion catches up to the gang. Ymir eats Historia, but, it looks more like capturing. R/Bs friends name was Berrick.

Angry Grimace

Soma

Maybe they're finally cutting the "Soma is always the Ace" bullshit?

Note: They aren't, he'll just do something ridiculous in the next chapter.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soma

Maybe they're finally cutting the "Soma is always the Ace" bullshit?

Note: They aren't, he'll just do something ridiculous in the next chapter.

They already established he's not an ace when he lost the challenge with Tadokoro.

He's probably working fairly far ahead.

Most of the time they normally 1 or 2 chapters ahead .
I doubt he that far ahead that he can just give them 6 chapters in 2 weeks with out doing a crazy amount of work .
Plus he already brought out extra chapters this year already if i remember right .
Dude is a monster at drawing manga .

Angry Grimace

I doubt he that far ahead that he can just give them 6 chapters in 2 weeks with out doing a crazy amount of work .
Plus he already brought out extra chapters this year already if i remember right .
Dude is a monster at drawing .

Nobody knows how far ahead he is or how long he had to work on it. You make it sound like they just walked up to him last week and said, "draw 6 chapters."

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

The best manga. All those reactions were perfect :lol

I jokingly called it with Soma after the last chapter, but I guess it really happened. I'm really curious what's up (it's probably justified, but still).

Also hoping for some screentime with the rest of the Polar Star's dishes, we saw nothing of them. Maybe he's saving them for later on after the camp.

bigkrev

Shokugeki no Soma

rsz_ishokugeki-no-soma-4277405_zpsc187a201.jpg

How lazy do you have to be in order to re-use your main character as a bit player?

Takumi's dish actually looked like something I would want to eat.

upandaway

Dude is a monster at drawing manga .
I don't think it was this year, but yeah he's had 3 chapters in the same issue before (my memory's iffy, but he might have had color pages then too... and again 2 chapters in the same issue sometime afterwards). No breaks that I can recall since then or before then, either.

Nobody knows how far ahead he is or how long he had to work on it. You make it sound like they just walked up to him last week and said, "draw 6 chapters."
You've been in this thread long enough to have seen Shiibashi's weekly schedule multiple times by now. No matter how long he's been working to get to this point, it's nuts.

Fairy Tail 340
tumblr_mph1mqJRsJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Good Sting cover.

Natsu will need to level up if he wants to be ready to take on Dark Mage Zeref (black thing showed up back into the plot pretty fast, the match feels like it was only yesterday). If they couldnt beat a dragon then no way Natsu could last against Zeref whom could just simply summon Acnologia again.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The World God Only Knows
This is clearly not going to be a regular "capture". This girl isn't really a girl at all I bet.

Beelzebub
Himekawa needs to complete his inevitable face heel turn heel face turn (that's a mouthful).

Nisekoi
There was like two seconds of reinforcing the tsundere-lead pairing and the rest was the regular idiotic antics. Really this manga could use another developzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fairy Tail
zzzzzzzzz... whaa, huh? Oh right, manga comments. Whats next, fairy tail? ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No your just trying to put words in my mouth .
Of course this was plan and him being ahead does not take away from how much work it is .
Knowing how crazy manga authors work loads are .
Plus Mashima at one point in time was doing a monthly series and FT for about a year .

EDIT also seem i was wrong and they are normally 3 to 4 chapters ahead but that depends on factors .
Still does not take away from my point .

Angry Grimace

No your just trying to put words in my mouth .
Of course this was plan and him being ahead does not take away from how much work it is .
Knowing how crazy manga authors work loads are .
Plus Mashima at one point in time was doing a monthly series and FT for about a year .

EDIT also seem i was wrong and they are normally 3 to 4 chapters ahead but that depends on factors .
Still does not take away from my point .

You need to reexamine what "putting words in someone's mouth" is.

I don't think it was this year, but yeah he's had 3 chapters in the same issue before (my memory's iffy, but he might have had color pages then too... and again 2 chapters in the same issue sometime afterwards). No breaks that I can recall since then or before then, either.

You've been in this thread long enough to have seen Shiibashi's weekly schedule multiple times by now. No matter how long he's been working to get to this point, it's nuts.

I don't know what "Shiibashi" is.

Shokugeki no Soma 30
Yes! Eggs Benedict and they look absolutely delicious. I wanted to see more of the Polar Star character's dishes aside of Tadokoro (maybe next chapter). I know Soma gonna pull off some amazing shit like a Japansese style souffle or something. Maybe he'll just barely make it with the skin of his teeth.

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma 30
Yes! Eggs Benedict and they look absolutely delicious. I wanted to see more of the Polar Star character's dishes aside of Tadokoro (maybe next chapter). I know Soma gonna pull off some amazing shit like a Japansese style souffle or something. Maybe he'll just barely make it with the skin of his teeth.

I'm not getting the impression any of them are highly relevant outside of Tadokoro.

Chronoexe

Shokugeki no soma

Now I cant stop thinking about egg benedict... I'm hungry

Yay Todoroko is leveling up every chapter and now she's engaged :p

Soma is in a pinch, his confidence is going to decrease because
two of his rivals completed their goal before him in this test.

Aizo

Banned
Up to date with Pandora Hearts, and DAMN is it good, I seriously can't wait for the next chapter. This manga is so far a 10/10 for me.
Also started A Bride's Story, this is some classy shit with some gorgeous art.

So that I can see if I would align my manga preferences with yours, what else would you give a 10/10 to?

You need to reexamine what "putting words in someone's mouth" is.

No not really not once did i said that Kodansha told him on short notice .
My first post said it was crazy amount of work , i was wrong on the amount of chapters they ahead by .
Still my point was it's a lot of work even if he ahead not my fault if you interpret me saying they rush him or he had short time .

EDIT makes no sense.

Angry Grimace

For the record, I don't expect even Ultear's side effect to last any more than Laxus's explusion did. I really love (read: no) that Zeref's motivation is super dumb generic villian motivation: "People aren't perfect all the time so I should kill all of them herr derr"

No not really not once did i said that Kodansha told him on short notice .
My first post said it was crazy amount of work , i was wrong on the amount of chapters they ahead by .
Still my point was it's a lot of work even if he ahead not my fault if you interpret me saying they rush him or he had short time .

No, you're missing the difference between a rhetorical statement and an outright accusation. I'll just chalk it up to the language barrier here, but I really don't understand why we're operating under the assumption that every single manga artist turns in their work 5 minutes before the deadline just because that's how it worked in Bakuman or whatever. Brandon Sanderson puts out like three books a year while George R.R. Martin puts out one every 5. There isn't some uniform principle as to how fast you can put work out.

Aizo

Banned
Prison School 1

I have no idea why but the art in this manga being this good is really weirding me out, considering the premise.

Will continue though. Looks pretty fun.

Have you read that mangaka's other work, Ore to Akuma no Blues? It's gorgeous, but it got canceled for some reason. Most disappointing ending because it is just a cliffhanger for the next chapter, but it apparently got canned. I was disappointed in Kangoku Gakuen because the mangaka completely switched his writing style and targeted demographic.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Have you read that mangaka's other work, Ore to Akuma no Blues? It's gorgeous, but it got canceled for some reason. Most disappointing ending because it is just a cliffhanger for the next chapter, but it apparently got canned. I was disappointed in Kangoku Gakuen because the mangaka completely switched his writing style and targeted demographic.

Holy shit, it's the same author as Me and the Devil Blues? That's an insane change of direction.

Caught up to prison school, and under all that crazy, hilarious overt sexual imagery, sexual innuendo, or just straight up sex, there's a weirdly inspiring tale about how 5 boys are struggling to overcome and grow through their hardships. Which makes it even more hilarious to me.

Angry Grimace

Whatever happened to Yamada? I could have sworn there wasn't a new chapter even before I left and returned from my vacation to Kuritaland.

survivor

Banned

It's a shame to see someone with the ability to draw wasting all that talent on stupid juvenile smut.

No, you're missing the difference between a rhetorical statement and an outright accusation. I'll just chalk it up to the language barrier here, but I really don't understand why we're operating under the assumption that every single manga artist turns in their work 5 minutes before the deadline just because that's how it worked in Bakuman or whatever. Brandon Sanderson puts out like three books a year while George R.R. Martin puts out one every 5. There isn't some uniform principle as to how fast you can put work out.

Pointless point to make since the manga industry is not like the book one .
The 2 industries are hardly alike other than you read them .
The chapter that the Mangaka doing right we won't see for 3 to 4 weeks( if everything is normal ) but it still must be done on time.

EDIT i am sure most people in this thread get there knowledge about the manga industry not from Bakuman.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Whatever happened to Yamada? I could have sworn there wasn't a new chapter even before I left and returned from my vacation to Kuritaland.

Scanlation delay. Main group is still releasing stuff but their partner has disappeared. They don't seem too worried about it though. Plus this same delay happened last summer too so the guy probably just goes on vacation for a month or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom