• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru v1 ch1 (ln)

I could read Yukinoshita and Hikki talk back and effort for awhile. Hikki comments make me laugh so much, though some of his experience I think are relatable to me at previous times in life.

wonzo

Banned
wahjah moe 44

notpopular44.png

Progress!

dramatis

Yamada and the Seven Witches 65

Aw, I'll miss this manga if it ends.

Also I'm surprised Yamada didn't just totally sprout a tent in that position.

dramatis

Yamada and the Seven Witches 65

This reeks of endgame.

Is the manga ending?
Well, if it ends now it'll be a natural ending and somewhat decently paced development throughout, unlike a certain other harem romcom with about the same amount of chapters.

I think if it does continue, it'll need to have some kind of justifiable plot thing with the school, the witches' powers, and the president. Maybe it'll turn into a battle manga with the witches being magical girls.

Kreed

Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan 47:

Random comment not related to this specific chapter, but I recently started watching the anime for this series and it is amazing how much more you get from the story when the characters are drawn well. Best example being Reiner, Bertolt, and Annie always hanging out together. When I saw this in the anime I thought maybe the anime was just adding these scenes in to make it more obvious who they were since they will eventually be revealed as Titans, but then I went back to the manga and saw the same panels, only because the characters looked like above average chicken scratches I couldn't tell they were the same group of three people at the time I was reading it. Really would have made Reiner and Bertolt's reveals more obvious once Annie was revealed to be a Titan (but maybe that was an advantage to the author since it made the reveals more shocking as a manga reader). Seriously how do people shit on Claymore about characters looking the same but no one complains about this? Anyway if you aren't watching the anime, watch it.

Now as for this chapter, it was definitely a great turn around after the last chapter where we didn't get much outside of a few story hints. The reveal about Ymir definitely is the biggest bit of Titan info we've gotten in a while, although there are still questions created by this reveal as usual with this series.

1) Does this means all the Titans outside of the wall are not only humans, but can be returned to their human forms if they reach their number of eaten human quota? Or is Ymir special (60 years would suggest that Ymir definitely wasn't around when the Titans first appeared, so she could have been an "created" afterwards and therefore different from the originals)?

2) What's the difference between Ymir and the others (Annie, Eren, Hairy Titan, etc...)? Why is Ymir just a "normal" looking Titan whereas the others are special/much stronger than average Titans?

Questions aside, I don't understand Ymir's logic in continuing to support Reiner and Bertolt however (besides moving the story along/making the story more interesting). I guess I can just chalk it up to her not thinking clearly (or the author not caring), but she had the chance to rejoin the military with Krista. Why capture her and go back to a dangerous/unknown situation when Reiner already said their safety isn't guaranteed? Guess we'll see what happens next month.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Every time I see this I just lose all interest in reading Yamada :(

I actually really liked Yankee kun for the first 50 or so chapters, seeing that I'm a sucker for these kind of punk stories, but as it dragged on... yeah.

Pity that yamada never reached the heights of early yankee kun to me.

Kurita

Ao Haru Ride vol.2
Us6ZeKa.jpg

Another pretty good volume. The trip with the 5 main characters was a good way for them to become closer, and I like the fact that they're all buddies now.
And now Yuri is in love with Mabuchi, oh my...
Can't blame her though :

*swoons*

Erigu

I don't understand Ymir's logic in continuing to support Reiner and Bertolt however (besides moving the story along/making the story more interesting). I guess I can just chalk it up to her not thinking clearly (or the author not caring), but she had the chance to rejoin the military with Krista. Why capture her and go back to a dangerous/unknown situation when Reiner already said their safety isn't guaranteed?
Check last month's episode: there's talk of this world "having no future", and Christa possibly being saved (? somehow?) if she's brought over to Reiner and Bertolt's side. Even in this month's episode, Reiner reminds her that if she betrays them now, she'd be sacrificing Christa's future.

Kurita

Seriously how do people shit on Claymore about characters looking the same but no one complains about this? Anyway if you aren't watching the anime, watch it.

Are you sure about that? SnK has always been criticized for its art around here.
And I dropped the anime after 4 episodes, it was terrible compared to the manga...

upandaway

Anyway if you aren't watching the anime, watch it.
We cool. Anime-land and Kurita don't agree.

2) What's the difference between Ymir and the others (Annie, Eren, Hairy Titan, etc...)? Why is Ymir just a "normal" looking Titan whereas the others are special/much stronger than average Titans?
You could have asked this last chapter, but asking it after this chapter is pretty weird. Ymir had both Reiner and Bert around her little finger, she's clearly not normal. And is there anything special about Eren?

aravuus

Are you sure about that? SnK has always been criticized for its art around here.
And I dropped the anime after 4 episodes, it was terrible compared to the manga...

Except for the art, of course.

Attack on Titan may be the ugliest manga I've read.

aravuus

Well that doesn't count then! Egoraptor's flash animations are also mostly funny because of the hilarious animations, not because of the randum~~ humor

Neon Genesis Evangelion 49-56

The person writing the extra files at the end and going even to stuff in the soundtrack or datafile releases that I never heard of to write the short essays of sorts must be commended. I had never thought about all the things inferred to by the title of the series and the different meaning in jpn and eng, nor even about the four scriptures was it, and whom are the angels/man, and trees etc. I wonder how the series would turn if the Angels and Humans had somehow found a way to try to understand each other.

For the plot at hand, Kaji could have had a bit more screentime for his conclusion here.

Yamada and The Last Witch 65
Shiraishi should stay in Yamada's body more often, makes him pretty swag.

I figure the last witch will wipe his memory and then it's up to Shiraishi and co who will try to bring him back to the club. Then maybe they'll use the delete guy's power to make the last witch forget she had a power to keep their circle of friendship. No way this should drag on any longer than battling the last witch.

Assassination Classroom raw 50
Looks like things are back on track to the original storyline with
Sensei teaching them how to beat him and introducing what appears to be the student council with Karma's (?) brother president, going off of eyes and hair

But this is speculation, I'm just going off on the panels.

Naito

Feng Shen Ji 1-50

I wasn't sure what to expect about Feng Shen Ji but I quite enjoyed it :)
Not the most original work around of course but it is certainly epic
and the action reminds me of Shin Angyo Onshi. Will continue to follow it!

Can't wait to see more of this sudden alliance of Fallen Ones, Dark Ones, Shin Xing , Uncle Zi Yu plus the MC!

Fairy Tail v26

People send Mashima postcards that say the story makes no sense? Poor Mashima :(

Neon Genesis Evangelion v9 (chps -63)

If Tabris dies...though never noticed he was on the committee or at least is behind the 5th screen nor an angel, according to that notes, the story didn't say that yet. I enjoy his personality in here, so intrigued and exploiting poor Shinji, the shower stall scene was hilarious.

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! - 44

Am I watching the right manga? I could have sworn I just saw character development right there.

Kreed

Check last month's episode: there's talk of this world "having no future", and Christa possibly being saved (? somehow?) if she's brought over to Reiner and Bertolt's side. Even in this month's episode, Reiner reminds her that if she betrays them now, she'd be sacrificing Christa's future.

But Ymir even acknowledged she couldn't trust them and basically had to force them to stop and save Christa due to her tactical advantage. That alone should tell her that they can't be trusted/will probably squash her when they get the chance and/or don't need her (I know they probably won't, but from Ymir's perspective she doesn't know that). Plus she said in this chapter that she just wants to see Christa/she's selfish. Once she got away there was no need for her to capture Christa and take her back vs just being with Christa. From Ymir's perspective I don't get this full on betrayal unless she was told a lot more than what we know once Eren was knocked out.

I've thrown a lot of the criticism myself, but maybe it's because the people who complain about Claymore and the characters looking the same do it more often. Also I see a lot more people defend the art in Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan vs the other way around.

We cool. Anime-land and Kurita don't agree.

I haven't been following the anime threads at all but that's too bad. Maybe the anime isn't moving quick enough with the "bomb drops" vs the manga?

You could have asked this last chapter, but asking it after this chapter is pretty weird. Ymir had both Reiner and Bert around her little finger, she's clearly not normal. And is there anything special about Eren?

I guess I'm asking now because of the 60 years/becoming human again revelation. Before I just thought Ymir was probably part of the same "mystery group" turning humans into Titans or underwent the same transformation process.

And is Ymir's Titan special in comparison to the regular Titans they see all the time? Eren, Annie, Reiner, Hairy/Monkey, and Bertolt's Titans have all been acknowledged as being stronger/better than the "grunt" Titans we see running around physically, which makes them special. Ymir's Titan is faster than Bertolt and Reiner's but is that a special trait of her Titan or is it only because Reiner and Bertolt's Titan's are so slow? Reiner even acknowledged that his Titan couldn't protect them against the normal Titans/the reinforcements showing up because of his lack of speed. From what I've seen, Ymir's Titan is "just" a normal Titan in comparison to the other 5 special Titan's we've seen. But that may not be the case. Until we get more details I'm just guessing.

Boku to Kanojo no Game Sensou 2
tumblr_mpj38dEvCV1qbxqfpo1_500.png

That seems like a huge jump after the antics of chapter one and Spelunker to now here with PS3 Slim even and Uncharted. Cant wait to see how its done when Soul Trance is active and they get completely immersed in it.

Daingurse

Shingeki no Kyojin 47

ibtIMS1rb4EOxl.png

Ymir was wandering around the outside of the walls for 60 years? WTF is going on and why does her scrawny ass have so much pull with Reiner and Berthold? She must be special, man we still don't really know anything about Titans. Every chapter just raises more questions without resolving a damn thing. Wonder how long it will take before we reach "Titan City" lol.

Cwarrior

I actually really liked Yankee kun for the first 50 or so chapters, seeing that I'm a sucker for these kind of punk stories, but as it dragged on... yeah.

Pity that yamada never reached the heights of early yankee kun to me.

Your speaking too much truth, that it burns.

I just don't know how mashima young assistant gets her own manga puts out some really good work for the first year &half or so in her carer then gets progressively worse consistently.

The first 50 chapter of yankee-kun is her highlight in her manga carer.

Fairy Tail v26

People send Mashima postcards that say the story makes no sense? Poor Mashima :(

Did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom