• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddamnit, it ended on such a cliffhanger too.

Mob psycho 100 seems interesting though, too bad nobody is translating it.

I've been on a ONE kick lately.

Edit: also unless someone else is adapting it or I'm seeing the wrong manga it seems like his art has greatly improved in mob psycho 100.

wonzo

Banned
Blood Lad 1-10

So far so good, the characters are pretty interesting and have good chemistry together, the writing has a nice flow, and the overall setting as this lackadaisical feel to it which really works in this series favour. The art's p. good too even if the monstrously large boobs on the main girls do look like balloons. :/

Familiar extra chp

Should have drawn the apron and such image...

House Backer 1
tumblr_mpkj95N0l31qbxqfpo1_500.png

Somehow really memorable, even if he didn't say all of that. But still. I like this situation and maid he has and hope they can grow closer over time. The hug scene was nice and the other little moments around the house with the side comments (like having to eat the lettuce before he can have his favorite dish like hamburgers, etc). Additionally, taller and younger seme, makes it a bit pleasing too.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
MiXiM END

Pretty lackluster series overall. Started off pretty interesting as I said with the three kids but once the twist came that turned it into a battle manga it really just turned out very cookie cutter and boring for the most part. At first I liked the wacky powers this author is able to come up with but as the series dragged on the powers ended up being not that crazy and mostly boring.

Series just didn't click with me like Flame of Recca or MAR.

Anyways onto the next series which will either be Akame Ga Kill or Immortal Regis probably.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei chp0 (ln)

Somehow been in a mood to read these ln, maybe Ill even get to Accel World since the anime is taking forever. Mahouka I just read the chp 0 to see if its worthwhile and I like the magic and school thing going on, will definitely continue. Art doesnt look that great, unless it improves over time for the few illustrations?

Amaamagokoro 4
tumblr_mpkm424u6X1qbxqfpo2_500.png

One of the best chapters in this four part franchise so far, the five page goodbye kiss scene was incredible and rather well done, almost thought it was going to last the entirety of this short chapter, but then the after work scene air head power moment, really funny. For the plot, I hope the friend is open minded.

Apath

Attack on Titan
I went with the manga version and read through it. To be honest, I feel like this author is a sadist who is attempting to make the biggest case of blue balls in manga history. We keep getting mystery after mystery with no answer. To make things worse, situations keep happening where you think "This is it, we're going to get some answers" and not only is nothing answered, but more questions are raised.

The secret titan people don't really make much sense to me. I'd imagine in a walled society, every person would be accounted for. How could someone suddenly just appear and join the military? If they were living there for a while, why wouldn't someone notice their age doesn't match up?

Something else that bothers me is how everyone is drawn. I swear half the time I have no idea who is who or who is saying what.

Other than that, the first half of what I read was pretty good. The manga did a good job of making it feel like anyone could die, and the premise is interesting enough that you want to know more. However the constant stringing along and lack of any revelations has been frustrating. We just keep hitting points where someone is in a position to share information and it just doesn't happen: Annie, Priest man, Y girl person/titan, Y's lesbian lover, and now the armored titan and colossal titan. I'll just pretend this manga doesn't exist for half a year, and maybe by then we'll know what one of the five billion crazy things that has been going on actually is.

EDIT: Something else I was confused about. What exactly is the state of technology in this universe? I feel they keep referencing history, but there is no mention of radios, cars, airplanes, etc. Do we know if this is supposed to be Earth?

Ouji no Hakoniwa 3

Just when I thought Yuzuru had grew and learned his lesson over time he did this. Really sad and unfortunate, but there is always a second chance. Maybe this time he wont need to be chained.

Silva 23

Imagination powers that makes more sense than Toriko's.

Waratte! Sotomura-san 32

What lewd pictures.

Waratte! Sotomura-san 32.5

Twitter ~_~

upandaway

Soredemo 39

Hahahahahahaha oh man. Phew. I'm so confused, but that ending was amazing. But I'm so confused.

I don't even know what was real, myself.

Gradivus

Goddamnit, it ended on such a cliffhanger too.

Mob psycho 100 seems interesting though, too bad nobody is translating it.

I've been on a ONE kick lately.

Edit: also unless someone else is adapting it or I'm seeing the wrong manga it seems like his art has greatly improved in mob psycho 100.

Yeah, even in One Punch Man some of the stuff in the late half of the web comic, some of the panels in there are pretty well done.

It seems his "Old Man of the Underworld/ Makai no Ossan" has finished now. So maybe he will return One Punch Man soon enough.

I guess Viz Anime Expo panel for Manga was alright

-Print Release of Nisekoi every two months starting January 2014
-License Rescue of Deadman Wonderland from Kadokawa
-Pick up of title from Shinchosha's Comic @ Bunch, Gangsta
-Release of Dragonball Full Color in 2014 in print.

Kiwaguro no Brynhildr 47

Every time I start reading a new chapter of this, I wonder to myself, "Is this the chapter where everything goes to shit and everyone dies horrible deaths?"

exarkun

Magi 188

Nothing happened except we got the shonen "reunion before a big battle with stated interests of the separate parties" going on. More excited to see what the other two Magi are doing about this, since they both must have felt what was happening.

Jintor

Woke up this morning and decided I wanted to do a bit of light reading before my jog.

Otogi no Machi no Rena v2

Surprisingly interesting despite the kind of eh art. The idea is blatently H but somehow the mangaka manages to make it less all-out smut and more 'Oh god how do I avoid all-out smut' which is much more interesting. Also, there's a athletic tanned girl in it and she is smoking.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru c01-03

I'm pretty interested! Seems cool! Don't know why I thought she was an android before starting, must have gotten it confused with Yokohama.

Hanjuku Joshi v01-02

Mmmmm yuri

Way back post of being way back

I actually really liked Yankee kun for the first 50 or so chapters, seeing that I'm a sucker for these kind of punk stories, but as it dragged on... yeah.

Pity that yamada never reached the heights of early yankee kun to me.

Yea I actually dug those early chapters but then they started to get more people and it felt dragging ever since.

And that last sentence doesn't help in trying to gain enough interest to read this lol.

Is the Kuroko's Basketball author still getting death threats or has that subsided?

Not sure but IIRC a another expo had to ban its doujinshi circles.

Nisekoi making it to US? SHOCKING NEWS

/sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom