• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
I thought Dynit dropped Yotsuba&? Actually I remember reading that recently they said they're leaving the whole manga sector to concentrate on anime and other stuff? Or am I remembering it wrong?
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png

*OP spoilers on Monday*

*No Naruto or Bleach*

*head asplode*
I understand you.

JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png
JIbjzTK.png

Articalys

Yeah, what's up with the sudden recent trend in getting spoilers for One Piece almost a day and a half earlier than all the other normal WSJ leaks? Seems weird that only a single series would leak like that. Unless it means someone really only has info on OP and no other part of the magazine...

LeleSocho

Banned
Yeah, what's up with the sudden recent trend in getting spoilers for One Piece almost a day and a half earlier than all the other normal WSJ leaks? Seems weird that only a single series would leak like that. Unless it means someone really only has info on OP and no other part of the magazine...

Dude Toriko has spoilers like 3 hours before the translated chapter is out and he's WSJ too, it gets on my nerves so much...

bigkrev

World Trigger 21

If this is now a training arc, I don't think this series will have long legs

If this is the new normal, there is a lot of open space for them to work in.

Curious for next week.

I tend to look at spoilers for series I know are really behind but for the most part, I just ignore them.

Cooking Palette 3
Ok, as much as I love reading a cooking/foodie manga, I can not tolerate the "Oh woe is me, I didn't know better" heroine.

Kurita

What are your favorites? I've found the acting
and everything else
to be extremely cheesy in the ones I've seen.
But that's part of the charm of them!

Rich Man Poor Woman, Freeter Ie wo Kau, Nodame Cantabile, Kagi no Kakatta Heya, Ryuusei no Kizuna, Galileo, Legal High... just to name a few.
Edit : forgot Saikou no Rikon and Moteki.

If one is somehow interested viz did a podcast with former Japanese Weekly Shonen Jump Editor-in-Chief Sasaki Hisashi!.

I guess interesting things were the story about finding the writer for kenshin and the part about the eight people who know what the "One Piece" is, as well as general description of who "ONE" is in appearance and personality.

survivor

Banned
What are your favorites? I've found the acting
and everything else
to be extremely cheesy in the ones I've seen.

It's part of the appeal. Give Biblia Koshodou a try if you want to learn about classic literature while watching the characters solve trivial mysteries.

Kreed

One Piece 714 Spoilers:

Chapter 714 Lucy and Wucy.
- Nami, Chopper, Brook, Momonosuke and Thousand Sunny has been turned into toys by a Devil Fruit user of Club Trebol army.
- Doflamingo asked them to kidnap Momonosuke and then seize Thousand Sunny.
- It seems that Ricky is Rebecca's father.
- Diamante gave Bellamy Doflamingo's orders that assassinate Luffy and he can be a cadre of Donquixote Family if he succeed.
- Bartolomeo talked to Cavendish. Cavendish said Luffy is his prey.
&#12288;"My story is much more abstruse." Bartolomeo said.
- Luffy rided Fighting Bull (Wucy) to fight against competitors. But Wucy failed to hurt the giant warrior Hajrudin and has been knocked out. Luffy got angry and knocked down Hajrudin.

Really hate when Oda donates so much useless time to one set of characters (or character in the case of Luffy), and then we jump to another set and so much time has progressed that we didn't get a chance to even see in a panel or two vs being treated to the "aftermath".

Also disappointing that the toy ability isn't in the hands of one of Doflamingo's generals/commanders vs just a member of one of his armies, but I'd rather the "mystery" (lol @ anyone thinking it was anything but a devil fruit ability that was responsible for the toys) be out of the way sooner than later.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Guys, come on. It says in the OP if a chapter isn't in English yet the info needs to be spoiler tagged. We shouldn't have to worry about getting spoiled just by popping in to see what's up. We even have an easy to use button now.

BLue Exorcist 47
Great color page. Hope we can never return to the romance plot again, though at least it had that Rin/Yukio moment but ruined by Shiemi. Kind of hyped for 48, for it Takara is finally getting some large role and development then I will be pleased. Its been so many years now.

aravuus

Anyone got any good mystery jig-saw kind of story manga recommendations? Something like 20th Century Boys or Pluto, lots of twists and turns, little pieces of information and foreshadowing throughout the story with massive twists at the later parts.

That said, I think I'll re-read those two soon. Fucking crazy good!

survivor

Banned
Anyone got any good mystery jig-saw kind of story manga recommendations? Something like 20th Century Boys or Pluto, lots of twists and turns, little pieces of information and foreshadowing throughout the story with massive twists at the later parts.

That said, I think I'll re-read those two soon. Fucking crazy good!

Eternal Sabbath
Banana Fish
MW
Message to Adolf
Ode to Kirihito

Korosenai

One Piece 714 Spoilers:
Also disappointing that the toy ability isn't in the hands of one of Doflamingo's generals/commanders vs just a member of one of his armies, but I'd rather the "mystery" (lol @ anyone thinking it was anything but a devil fruit ability that was responsible for the toys) be out of the way sooner than later
That just goes to show how stacked Doflamingos crew is.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT

Tadashii Ace no Kouryakuhou? 03

Not as super interesting as the first two chapters. I did enjoy the wrap up with all the characters though.

Kreed

Guys, come on. It says in the OP if a chapter isn't in English yet the info needs to be spoiler tagged. We shouldn't have to worry about getting spoiled just by popping in to see what's up. We even have an easy to use button now.

*looks at the OP* Are you fucking kidding me? All these years of no spoiler tags and emphasis on putting in bold what you're talking about and you guys "add" a spoiler tag rule in anyway? What ever, I'll "black it out".

One Piece 714 Spoilers:

That just goes to show how stacked Doflamingos crew is.

I hope the guy at least puts up a decent fight. Really don't like the idea of half the Straw Hat crew getting owned by fodder.

Cwarrior

Did you watch Woman yet? Most impressions I read of the first episode were positive.

Did you ever check out phoneshop the UK sitcom, I would be interesting in seeing someone impression from outside the UK someone where all the slang and behavior is foreign to.

survivor

Banned
Did you ever check out phoneshop the UK sitcom, I would be interesting in seeing someone impression from outside the UK someone where all the slang and behavior is foreign to.

Not yet, I have been watching The Thick of It for the past couple of weeks and now I got Luther to keep up with.

*looks at the OP* Are you fucking kidding me? All these years of no spoiler tags and emphasis on putting in bold what you're talking about and you guys "add" a spoiler tag rule in anyway? What ever, I'll "black it out".

One Piece 714 Spoilers:

I hope the guy at least puts up a decent fight. Really don't like the idea of half the Straw Hat crew getting owned by fodder.

It's always been very clear spoiler tags for leaks and no spoiler tags once that chapter has been released in English using the bold series # formula. The guy you quoted used spoiler tags you had to deliberately delete the spoiler tags which comes off as you simply trying to spoil the thread which is why users got upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom