• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naruto was NEVER about "Ninjas". That should've been clear the moment Kakashi and Zabuza used "Water Dragon Jutsu".

Now, if Naruto was more of a combination of Ninja Gaiden/Tenchu, it would've been FAR more interesting.

Even then, we were supposed to believe that these were the most advanced techniques by some of the most elite ninja on the planet. Along with the forbidden multi shadow clone technique that naruto was able to pick up.

Then in the chunin exams we see rock lee going SSJ and even guys like Kakashi and Guy sensei marveling at his speed and strength, and gaara taking on his onslaught like it was nothing.

The whole time I was thinking "Wait, this seems like WAY higher level than Zabuza vs Kakashi. WTF?"

Kurita

Assassination Classroom 43

I want a Koro-sensei ball.
So tsundere
Pjboued.png

Did I tell you that I'm going to their Paris show?
Because I am.

Well, maybe they'll visit more of the world in their 3rd WORLD TOUR.

Though, if I stayed in Hong Kong just a little longer last summer, I could have seen their Hong Kong show. Instead all I saw were posters for it. ;_;

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Imagine what would have happened if Jump's editors didn't force Sasuke in.

they also forced Sakura in as a love interest.

Apparently it was originally supposed to be a rather solitary story (which makes sense, since ninjas operate in the shadows and stuff.... wtf @ working in teams), with Naruto and his sensei.

bigkrev

Assassination Classroom 43

Even though the author basically told us its not true, i'm #teamgirl till I die (or find a really interesting doujin)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wizard mercenaries with a poor grasp of stealth.

The reality is that Stealth is fairly meaningless in Naruto because a) people can transform into other people for infiltration purposes and b) there are "sensor" ninjas would would detect you regardless of what you're doing.

You know it's coming:

Team 7 will get into trouble and then BA-DUM-TIS. Kakashi appears.

"Sorry, I'm late"

That moment is absolutely coming, double if he comes out dimension with Obito, who is also known for his lateness, full blown Heel Face turn.

Soul Eater 110
tumblr_mn9qdj1tul1qbxqfpo1_500.png

One of the best Soul Eater chapters since Black Star's phenomenal showing awhile back. There was nary a dull moment and just everything looked and sounded way good. The final page...
If Maka dies...
would be such an interesting ending of sorts. This arcs needs to be animated!

Yes... which none of those got flashbacks for, the characters just got the power ups which were awesome and allowed them to destroyed which is what I asked for... I don't see how it's being hypocritical unless you thought my first comment was sarcasm. The most recent Toriko chapters spent 2 pages having a flash back to a scene we never saw to try and explain how Toriko "learned" this ability. I don't want or need that scene it waste my time, just give Toriko the power up and let him smack around Starjun. If you didn't show the character training to learn the technique in present time don't bother inserting a flash back to retcon it, just give me the power up.

Luffy says "I have some new tricks to try" which up to this point had meant things like "water luffY" and "putting Arlong's jaws in his mouth". It also wasn't a scene added in a flash back it was shown live during the ride over to Enies Lobby.
I am going to find a way is a shitty excuse for a power up. We have never seen how he found it or anything. Oh i am a rubber man, i will pump my blood fast. LOL.

Asspull power ups are never awesome. They are shit meanignless way to give the main crew a cheap win.
re: Luffy's Gears

didn't Oda hint at Luffy developing Gears during their train ride to Enies Lobby? I would have to find the exact pages but I feel we've had this discussion before.

No he did not. Luffy said he had to find a way. All the gears are ass pull because we have never seen Luffy develop or even thought about them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You know it's coming:

Team 7 will get into trouble and then BA-DUM-TIS. Kakashi appears.

"Sorry, I'm late"

That moment is absolutely coming, double if he comes out dimension with Obito, who is also known for his lateness, full blown Heel Face turn.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Obito. Is he going to get taken care of by Kakashi? There's got to be someone for Naruto to fight and I don't really think its going to be Madara. I have to assume by elimination Orochimaru is going to get a huge powerup and Naruto will have to fight him.

Obviously the Hokage are going to get dismissed sooner or later since its completely implausible that Madara could fight all four at the same time, particularly since he got fucked up by Hashirama alone plus Minato's going to have to give Naruto that powerup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom