• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
My Neighbors Are Aliens

Another outstanding Type.90 work. It's got a bit of everything: the aliens, the search for an ancient civilization's secret, the weird experiments, the passionate belief that a man can overcome his lust and, above all else, the delicious art. Oh man how much I adore Type.90.
Yeah, this was some good shit!

Kurita

Personally, I find the series rather mediocre. The premise is quite amusing, but I don't feel there is much compelling in how it plays out. I guess I am bored of yet another high school drama though.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Personally it's one of my favorite series atm

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Accord 1-4

So... it's like usagi drop, except set in an expy of Nazi Germany, with the dude being a cellist and the girl being an incredibly powerful psychic user.

Could be ok?

Kurita

One Piece

fBsA80I.png

Ooooooooh

Good chapter, it was nice to see more contestants.

Hystzen

Bleach

Uhh...well then.

Bach declaring war all of a sudden feels incredibly rushed when you factor in that he just declared Uryu his successor 2 chapters ago.

Also is Shunsui locked out of Soul Society now?

Bach declared war ages with his attack on the SS now he just fucking up shit

Bach is pretty great villain instead of waiting for ages he attacking straight away no time give heroes uber training weeks.

2 month break is going to really fuck up its rankings even more

Naruto 639

Well I hope Darui fans were happy with that one random close panel of him...

Surprised that Naruto and even Sasuke were just blasted back like that directly with the face grab of sorts, Juubi is quite strong indeed. Both will have to work together to really do some damage. Well that is what I want to happen.

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece
Another Pirate we never heard of before this arc witb Conqueror's Haki.... uuh.

Ok will Luffy form a new alliance against Flamingo or something? Or why are the characters introduced so long if they are just useless fodder

Bleach 546
tumblr_mq3024DsW21qbxqfpo1_250.png

Keigo's face was hilarious, but then that heartfelt concern for Ichigo made it feel tragic and sad. I don't want that conclusion to take place as it would just leave Bleach on a sad end of sorts. That is unless somehow Keigo and co can also have some sort of abilities in the coming days, doing something worthwhile with Ichigo for one last time.

Kubo ought to have given an Ichigo moment or so before doing this extended break. Putting the main attraction here would have made the chapter much better than it was, as after the first page it just felt like a ton of moments just to satisfy the chapter length requirement.

One Piece 715

Pretty messy chapter offering little to no plot progression made it pretty dull and unexciting. Hopefully the break will enable Oda to reevaluate the arc--that is, finally bring the Straw Hats back front and center.

Mael

I wonder how the next issue of Jump will sell without Bleach and One Piece.

Jump #34 (22/07) :
Toriko (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Assassination Classroom
One Piece
Ginga Patrol Jako
Naruto
World Trigger (Color Page)
Shokugeki no Souma
Hq!!
Beelzebub (Color Page)
Nisekoi
Kuroko no Basket
Bleach
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Soul Catcher(S)
Kochikame
Gintama
Mutou Black
Smoky B.B.
Koisuru Edison
Cross Manage (End)
Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

#35:

Cover & Lead CP: Kurokuroku by Atsushi Nakamura (New Series, 54 pg.)
CP: Kuroko no Basket, Shokugeki no Souma
Absent: One Piece, Bleach (Till Issue #41)

I think it can manage without Bleach

Lain

The Breaker 53-72 END

I don't think I've ever seen someone drop the ball so hard in the final volume but the author's sure as hell pulled off an impressive feat for all the wrong reasons. Jesus christ, I don't think I'm gonna bother with New Waves unless someone can convince me it's totally worthwhile after this shitty ending.

Well, that and the series consisting almost entirely of such unlikeable characters outside of the MC (he was such a whiny shit at the beginning) and a handful of others.

New Waves makes the MC become really awesome and is a step up after the ending to The Breaker (though the start is a bit slow because of the way The Breaker ends). Plus awesome old men fight raging on now.

Naruto
Confusing as is the case when large scale battles happen in Naruto and Kishi jumps from character to character. I really don't understand what Juubito is doing with that black spear or whatever. Anyways Madara appears so I hope we can get to his trump card. Sasuke is a boss telling Naruto what to do lol. Sakura is nowhere to be seen, making me happy. Lets see next week what happens with Sauce and Naruto in danger.

Bleach
Dem feels! ;_;

12 years of Bleach. God damn the feelings in my chest. Kubo is going to rock the world with this last arc. So excited yet sad that Bleach is really heading towards the end. It might take a year or 2 but it will end and that is a bittersweet feeling.

As for the chapter. Good guy Kyoraku, hyping up Ichigo's powerup even more than before. Also sending Ichigo back home to relax would be nice before the battles start.

There was a nice focus on Orihime this chapter and her words rang true. Not wanting war and the threat of losing people.
The drawing of SS turning into that palace thing was wonderful. Then the addition to the limerick was a nice twist. Guess Ywach or Kubo forgot to add that he took 9 months to invade the 3 worlds and then the 9 days are to take over the world. But the way Ywach said it sounded better.

One Piece

I really disliked the focus on the other pirates. Especially the short tempered brothers. I'd rather have more of Lucy beating up more people or back to the Sunny fight or even Law vs Don vs Admiral.

Hope next chapter is better when it comes back.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Bleach 546
tumblr_mq3024DsW21qbxqfpo1_250.png

Keigo's face was hilarious, but then that heartfelt concern for Ichigo made it feel tragic and sad. I don't want that conclusion to take place as it would just leave Bleach on a sad end of sorts. That is unless somehow Keigo and co can also have some sort of abilities in the coming days, doing something worthwhile with Ichigo for one last time.

Technically they did since they got the tickets.

Bleach

I get the feeling we are getting back story on quincies, hollows, and shinigami as races come September since "The Separation Story" is what will kick off the next phase of the Thousand Year Blood War.

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko

Mothafuckin Jirou in the house

Wow I'm not the first to comment on a Toriko chapter, good stuff good stuff.

Toriko 242
I don't understand, i really don't understand how the hell every chapter in this fucking manga manage to give me an injection of hype in the brain
let's analyze the last 5 chapters so it doesn't take too long
237: Fucking Hype Jirou is moving!
238: Fucking Hype Toriko has won
239: I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU, YOU BASTARD!!!
240: Fucking Hype Joa is here
241: Fucking Hype Frohze's face plus Joa having her knife
242: Fucking Hype
Jirou is a fucking beast!

I don't know man not even One Piece gave me such emotions. It's like watching Gurren Lagann all over again.

ElFly

The Breaker 53-72 END

I don't think I've ever seen someone drop the ball so hard in the final volume but the author's sure as hell pulled off an impressive feat for all the wrong reasons. Jesus christ, I don't think I'm gonna bother with New Waves unless someone can convince me it's totally worthwhile after this shitty ending.

Well, that and the series consisting almost entirely of such unlikeable characters outside of the MC (he was such a whiny shit at the beginning) and a handful of others.

Please keep reading; New Waves starts slow but oh my god it is so good once it hits its stride.

So good.

The MC really comes into his own.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

I figured Don Chinjao had Conqueror's Haki. I saw this argument on ArlongPark that it made no sense, but when you consider that it's supposedly a "1 in 1 million chance", it actually makes perfect sense. Alabasta has 10 million people, that's at least 10 people with Conqueror's Haki.
Also, it's the New World, the best of the best. It wouldn't surprise me to see more people with that level of Haki. Especially since nobody in Paradise had it.

I couldn't tell what the Funk Bros were doing.

See you in two weeks, but take as much time as you need Oda. 21 hour work days are not healthy.

PK Gaming

Naruto

LOL Obito

One Piece

It took me like 15 minutes to read this chapter. Not a bad chapter, but the break is unfortunate.

Bleach

I can honestly say that I don't care that Bleach is on a 2 month break.

Naruto 639

More interested in Madara's rematch with Hashirama than Obito fighting everyone else.

And a quick reminder that Sasuke still wants to kill Naruto.

Bleach 546

Not happy about the break.

But I am glad to see Bach already starting his second invasion of Soul Society.

One Piece 715

Luffy chapter filled with more fodder characters (excluding the old man).

Sigh

I already want to get back to Law, Usopp, and Robin.

Damn no Wednesday for me next week :(

Bleach

the series isn't good without Aizen

Indeed.

Aizen trolling is sorely missed here.

My Neighbors Are Aliens

Another outstanding Type.90 work. It's got a bit of everything: the aliens, the search for an ancient civilization's secret, the weird experiments, the passionate belief that a man can overcome his lust and, above all else, the delicious art. Oh man how much I adore Type.90.

Read this last night and LOLOLOL

Though the ensign was cool and she was the one that didn't see him just as some lab rat

Hystzen

Because he's boring and generic and his entire existence within the frame of the manga seems made up on the spot.

Aizen was literally made up on the spot during SS arc he was meant to stay dead but Kubo changed the whole story for him. He was fun at start but him knowing everything was boring as shit after a while plus he never actually did or achieve anything

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aizen was literally made up on the spot during SS arc he was meant to stay dead but Kubo changed the whole story for him. He was fun at start but him knowing everything was boring as shit after a while plus he never actually did or achieve anything

Yeah, but that isn't the point. There wasn't anything else prior to that which would make it different if he inserted Aizen there or not. There were like 450-500 chapters before we got YWACH.

And Aizen isn't boring and generic or come out of nowhere?

Aizen was the first real big bad of the series. No, he didn't come out of nowhere. His slicked back hair is corny, but his trolling is hilarious.

One Piece

I was hoping to Lucy...Luffy, to finish his group fight this chapter, yet we got more fodder and at least another chapter of him on "group C", hell at this rate the tournament will end at chapter 1000.

Then I saw the one week break. AGHHH!

T'Zariah

Banned
And Aizen isn't boring and generic or come out of nowhere?

What other shonen villain has meme status on this board or on the internet overall?

His trolling and whatnot is referenced in MANY contexts outside of Bleach or hell even Anime/manga.

You can't say the same for ANY other Shonen villain. Not Orochimaru, Madara, Crocodile, The Admirals, Hisoka, Father,Wrath, Raizen, Sensui, Cars and ACDC, etc.

They aren't even in the same stratosphere. The only ones who SORT of come close are DBZ villains.

Personally, I think Bleach is complete garbage outside of Aizen, honestly. He's the most entertaining part of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom