• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach

It's great how Kubo is connecting what happened in the FB arc with this arc. Urahara warned Isshin that Ichigo could lose his humanity if he becomes a shinigami again and Isshin said its ok.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Bleach is really almost over?? Holy shit, that's crazy to think about. I've been reading it for so long now . .

One Piece
You know, the more the tournament goes on the more impressed and engrossed I become in it. The designs and characteristics between each fighter are incredible, even if the majority of them are fodder. So many locals being talked about I now really want to see.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
JUMP Festival, December 2008

Well how about that. Always kinda crazy to me when stuff like this happens in stories. Seems like something you wouldn't want to admit to.

[Edit] Though, it also depends when he made that decision. As written there, it sounds like despite not originally planning it, he could've come up with and started implementing it before it actually happened. Rather than like, killing Aizen and having no idea who was responsible for it. Sounds like he's just describing a conceptual thought process before it was written.

Hystzen

Well how about that. Always kinda crazy to me when stuff like this happens in stories. Seems like something you wouldn't want to admit to.

[Edit] Though, it also depends when he made that decision. As written there, it sounds like despite not originally planning it, he could've come up with and started implementing it before it actually happened. Rather than like, killing Aizen and having no idea who was responsible for it. Sounds like he's just describing a conceptual thought process before it was written.

Judging from what he said and how the current plot is heading I think Bach was meant be his villain in shadows from start but was changed to Aizen then brought back Bach for the end.

I think another one mentions he wrote endings for Bleach during SS arc (it was close to been ended due to ratings) and did same with Arrancar arc incase that had bad ratings. So probably changed his mind not long after his death during SS he found out he was going to continue the series

Bleach

Thanks for Isena on OMF for this info.

Bleach chapter cover 517 Stairway to heaven has the Seretei and the Quincy place on the opposite sides.

The Seireitei and the vandenreich palace are the two sides of the same coin.
Quincies are always depicted as the opposite mirror image of the shinigamies from the very beginning.

Bleach chapter 34 cover Quincy archer hates you has both Uryuu and Ichigo going in opposite directions.

Even the title of the new upcoming arc "the Separation Story" hints that Shinigamies and Quincies were one and the same and they separated paths somehow

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei v1c3 (ln)
tumblr_mq3jbp3uls1qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

I hadnt thought that Tatsuya would be the one to maybe initiate change in the school for class 1 and class 2 folks here by joining a position of leadership. Sure its just the moral committee but its a good start especially if he's already well liked by most of the characters. Hanzou could come around maybe, but I guess it will take lots of accomplishments and what not, especially after being beat down in that really fantastic fight. Tatsuya's really amazing and stunning in battle thus far outwitting them and using his specialized CAD. Hopefully more moments like these can happen in this first volume. Still want more of Tatsuya's history given, how did he access that even.

What other shonen villain has meme status on this board or on the internet overall?

His trolling and whatnot is referenced in MANY contexts outside of Bleach or hell even Anime/manga.

Personally, I think Bleach is complete garbage outside of Aizen, honestly. He's the most entertaining part of the series.

He's popular because Bleach is popular. He's not unique, he's pretty unoriginal. he's popular because his trolling is amusing because it's so stupid. He spends the entire arc doing nothing but twiddling his thumbs with a smug look on his face, and then finally after doing jack shit gets off his ass and trolls everyone.

T'Zariah

Banned
He's popular because Bleach is popular. He's not unique, he's pretty unoriginal. he's popular because his trolling is amusing because it's so stupid. He spends the entire arc doing nothing but twiddling his thumbs with a smug look on his face, and then finally after doing jack shit gets off his ass and trolls everyone.

By your logic lots of shonen villains should have cult-like status.

He's popular because Bleach is? GTFO with that shit.

Dia Game 2
tumblr_mq3kscV4Qi1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The artist gave Kuro a really good looking panel I think. Easily his best panel yet and even with his hood nearly off. For the plot, I wonder if Shishou will intervene or if Dia will somehow get away. Still, doesnt look like Ill get Kuro and Dia happening :(

KingJ2002

Bleach:

Interesting chapter... i wonder how the vandenreich were able to just flip the switch and take over the soul society. I also wonder how ichigo's power will change. I hope he has more than just a corny getsuga tensho.

Naruto:

Random fight scenes. Kind of confusing. There needs to be a weakness exposed for these guys to win because right now theyre getting their asses handed to them.

One Piece

I was hoping to Lucy...Luffy, to finish his group fight this chapter, yet we got more fodder and at least another chapter of him on "group C", hell at this rate the tournament will end at chapter 1000.

Then I saw the one week break. AGHHH!

Group C was always going to take a few chapters because of that old guy who used to fight with Garp.
Still i hope by the next chapter it's just down to him and luffy .

Heart o Nusumu no wa Dare da 2
tumblr_mq3lryE0xZ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This would make for a good longer story than one volume. There are so many tales they could do for the policeman versus the masked man, Kaitou Hato, stealing various treasures and arts and growing ever closer to becoming romantic interests. Though I guess one volume would advance the romance but still it would be good longer. Cupid and Angel case was fun, hopefully more than a close up tease next chapter.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One Piece 715

And we're back to a bunch of side characters I have no interest in caring about do something.

I dunno why you guys are so hostile about the tournament chapters. I love seeing all the new guys, why not? Some rapid-fire exercises in character and ability design. Why must every chapter be an inexorable drive towards plot and revelation and familiarity? Why can't we just spend some time having a look at what kind of people are in this immense sea? I love these tournament chapters, because it's a glimpse of the world beyond just the Straw Hats and their ambitions. Those are some of my favorite parts of One Piece, when the veil pulls back a bit and we see how the Straw Hats are mere specs in a far wider world.

I'm also pretty sure that a lot of these characters, or the groups they represent, will show up again later in the manga. Be it later in this arc, or 3 arcs from now.

Kusagari

One Piece

I expected this block wouldn't end quickly because Chinjao was in it, but he didn't even do anything this chapter besides show he has Conqueror's Haki. The other guys were pretty boring.

Fox318

Heart o Nusumu no wa Dare da 2
tumblr_mq3lryE0xZ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This would make for a good longer story than one volume. There are so many tales they could do for the policeman versus the masked man, Kaitou Hato, stealing various treasures and arts and growing ever closer to becoming romantic interests. Though I guess one volume would advance the romance but still it would be good longer. Cupid and Angel case was fun, hopefully more than a close up tease next chapter.

That's a mask?

One Piece
Always love Oda's attention to detail in designing characters and making each of them unique. Luffy's cover is probably going to be completely blown next chapter, so it makes me wonder if the tournament is still going to go according to plan or if someone/thing is going to interrupt it.

Tegami Bachi 61
Weird that they skipped ch. 60. Slow set-up chapter to find out what Lag and the capital is, seeing Roda's body reminds me of Claymore. Kind of hope she regains her former self after the trip is over.

I dunno why you guys are so hostile about the tournament chapters. I love seeing all the new guys, why not? Some rapid-fire exercises in character and ability design. Why must every chapter be an inexorable drive towards plot and revelation and familiarity? Why can't we just spend some time having a look at what kind of people are in this immense sea? I love these tournament chapters, because it's a glimpse of the world beyond just the Straw Hats and their ambitions. Those are some of my favorite parts of One Piece, when the veil pulls back a bit and we see how the Straw Hats are mere specs in a far wider world.

I'm also pretty sure that a lot of these characters, or the groups they represent, will show up again later in the manga. Be it later in this arc, or 3 arcs from now.

I just felt that the whole way it was handled was basically a mess. Introducing ten new characters all at once basically lead to me not caring about what happens to any of them. Even now, I'm not paying much attention to whoever's commenting on the current match or whatever. Not to mention, it's basically running with multiple storylines at once. Can't even bother remembering whose who if they get a chapter or two focus and then toss into the backdrop for a bit for me to forget who they were.

That's a mask?

Team Rocket level disguises.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I just felt that the whole way it was handled was basically a mess. Introducing ten new characters all at once basically lead to me not caring about what happens to any of them

Well you're not really supposed to care about any of them. They're just a colorful backdrop to the situation the Straw Hats have found themselves in. "Oh, so the world even has guys like this in it." Introduced, stomped, movin on. Kind of creating a rich whole, less a bunch of memorable identities.

There Are No Mermaids In This Town

Cute little shoujo-ai oneshot featuring a slightly kooky girl who talks about mermaids which did nothing but remind me that A Lollypop or a Bullet is still stuck in scanlation limbo aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

I agree. I love chapters like this. They'll be even better in one go. I love the world building in One Piece and I wouldn't be surprised if we're being introduced to new characters that we'll be seeing through the rest of the series. When the Straw Hats hit a new island I'm totally expecting someone who was introduced in this arc to be hanging around there. This is a big tournament for lots of nations / islands.

Akito

Oricon Comic Rankings July 8th - July 14th

01. Gin no Saji #8 (386,153)
02. Naruto #65 (187,006 / 808,852)
03. Natsume Yuujinchou #16 (128,387 / 293,229)
04. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #5 (126,772 / 441,081)
05. Gin no Saji Special Edition #8 (93,783)
06. Gintama #50 (86,353 / 309,836)
07. Toriko #25 (81,562 / 283,334)
08. Kimi ni Todoke #19 (78,729 / 856,863)
09. 7 Seeds #25 (69,264)
10. Mahou-ka Koukou no Rettousei #2 (49,822)
11. Kangoku Gakuen #9 (45,460 / 88,589)
12. Kuragehime #12 (45,400)
13. Beelzebub #22 (44,733 / 141,477)
14. One Piece #70 (42,303 / 2,755,828)
15. Shirokuma Cafe Kurumi-aji! (41,922)
16. Akagami no Shirayukihime #10 (39,801 / 100,747)
17. Shingeki no Kyojin #10 (39,429 / 1,301,260)
18. Thermae Romae #6 (37,857 / 449,718)
19. Shingeki no Kyojin #1 (37,253 / 1,773,403)
20. Hakaijuu #10 (37,039)
21. Shingeki no Kyojin #9 (37,023 / 1,338,391)
22. Shingeki no Kyojin #8 (36,379 / 1,370,460)
23. Rurouni Kenshin -Special Edition- #2 (36,379 / 1,370,460)
24. Gunka no Baltzar #5 (35,325)
25. Shingeki no Kyojin #5 (35,271 / 1,526,417)
26. Shingeki no Kyojin #6 (35,163 / 1,475,899)
27. Shingeki no Kyojin #2 (34,905 / 1,728,695)
28. Shingeki no Kyojin #7 (34,825 / 1,387,936)
29. Shingeki no Kyojin #3 (33,892 / 1,685,382)
30. Shingeki no Kyojin #4 (33,659 / 1,565,05)
31. Machi de Uwasa no Tengu no Ko #11 (33,179)
32. Drop OG #6 (32,222)
33. Last Game #4 (30,513 / 71,839)
34. Doubutsu no Kuni #12 (29,641)
35. Saiki Kusuo no Sainan #5 (28,620 / 84,426)
36. Mokuyoubi no Flute #3 (28,609 / 28,944)
37. Sengoku Ichiryuuki #4 (28,330 / 57,150)
38. Hibari no Asa #2 (27,879)
39. Clover #32 (25,654)
40. Natsume Yuujinchou Limited Edition #16 (25,503 / 67,416)
41. Chicken&#12300;Drop&#12301;Zenya no Monogatari #9 (25,485)
42. Tokyo Alice #11 (24,920)
43. Maido! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku #8 (23,424)
44. High Score #12 (22,244)
45. Uchuu Kyoudai #21 (22,142 / 355,517)
46. Monster Musume no iru Nichijou #3 (22,043)
47. Tetsugaku Letra #4 (21,868)
48. Kinnikuman #43 (21,066 / 119,371)
49. I Am A Hero #12 (20,247 / 150,499)
50. Uroboros -Keisatsu o Sabaku wa Ware ni Ari- #16 (19,469)

Monster Musume no iru Nichijou and Tetsugaku Letra deserve much more than that :(

Kurita

I agree with my bros who liked this OP chapter.

Man, I need to start Kimi no Todoke one day.
Is it like the One Piece of shojo mangas or something?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I agree with my bros who liked this OP chapter.

Indeed.
I know everyone is screaming "FODDER" but you don't know that. They were just introduced. Some will definitely be fodder, but some might actually be important. It might just take years down the road. Like Bellamy.

Akito

I'm just surprised its sales are so high!
It's only the best selling shojo because Nana is on hiatus.
I like KnT but it can be slow at times [/understatement]. I'd recommend the anime for the first ~11 volumes, the adaptation is amazing.

Oricon Comic Rankings July 8th - July 14th

02. Naruto #65 (187,006 / 808,852)
04. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #5 (126,772 / 441,081)
07. Toriko #25 (81,562 / 283,334)

35. Saiki Kusuo no Sainan #5 (28,620 / 84,426)

What will that be 3.5wks for Naruto's mln...and I guess ~600K before Assassination Classroom falls of the chart? And hopefully Saiki Kusuo gets its 150K...I wonder whats its total lifetime so far.

Kurita

I like KnT but it can be slow at times [/understatement]. I'd recommend the anime for the first ~11 volumes, the adaptation is amazing.
Heh I don't mind (really) slow stories.
Guess I'll grab a few volumes next month.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I thought Tsukishima was the best troll.

"Hey Ichigo! I'm just chillin' on your couch with your sisters. How's it going, buddy?"

And all of Ichigo's expressions were so great when Tsukishima was messing with him.

This chapter really stuck with me.
A1zen, Ai2en and Aiz3n. Kubo only knows how to draw like 2 guys (unless they're super buff or fat or something), Aizen and Ichigo.

Yeah it is slow but i think the reason it so popular is because it has a fluffy feel to it if you understand what i trying to say lol .
I do agree that anime is really good .

MCD

I thought Tsukishima was the best troll.

"Hey Ichigo! I'm just chillin' on your couch with your sisters. How's it going, buddy?"

And all of Ichigo's expressions were so great when Tsukishima was messing with him.

This chapter really stuck with me.

I dunno, I thought Ichigo acted way out of character in that arc. I mean gee...trust the new guys and not your own father and Urahara.

LeleSocho

Banned
Well not terrible but reading OP nowadays is more like a chore than anything else.
Also Kurita start Kimi ni Todoke as soon as possible, the anime too is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom