• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wish Oda would hurry up and make a projectile attack for Luffy. All his attacks are rubber and requires physical contact excluding Conquerors Haki.

Ichigo and Naruto and most shonen mains have energy beams/attacks. Luffy needs one or Oda will have failed me!

Xian showed us that you don't need projectiles to be a world champion.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Manga is a visual medium. Shitty , messy art does not help one understands whats going on.

I'm not arguing that maybe the artist might not do a great job from time to time, and make something confusing, but again, I will not believe that people can't figure it out. We are not braindead, we are not blind, we have functioning minds and eyes. This is basic black-and-white line art. By exercising even the tiniest amount of mental processing we can discern what is happening in virtually any panel of anything.

Say something is messy, sure. But say you don't know what happened? That you literally could not understand it? I am calling you a liar.

The royal "you," not actually you PV. Unless you said it! Then you too.

What he's trying to say is that if you're going to show tons of characters going at each other in a mess at least have us be emotionally invested in the fodder characters or why they're fighting. In Alabasta, we were made to want to see the fighting stop being the royal guard and the rebels as we knew they were all being manipulated. In Enies Lobby it was pirates vs marines in an effort to save Robin and Franky. At Marineford even with tons of new characters being introduced left and right we were vested simply because they all fought to save Ace/kill Ace.

This newest arc however has tons of characters fighting for Ace's devil fruit and it just doesn't have the same kind of emotional pull. It's also not a clear side a vs side b it's just a mad free for all. It's made worse by the fact that 90% of the participants either don't seem to really care about winning the fruit or just want "more power". There are many ways you could do a mad FFA and make it work, but at times I feel like I'm just being introduced to fighters/bosses for upcoming OP video games and probably extended anime fight scenes.

Alabastra was my second least favorite arc after Fishman Island and I hated the whole rebellion storyline, so obviously that didn't make me invested in those characters. I figure that some of the characters introduced in the tournament will be important in the Dressrosa storyline, others will pop up later/have some connection to characters from the past, and the rest are there to get beat and make the others look good.

I was just joking, hahaha.

But not entirely. I mean, the whole thing in my eyes is really a clusterfuck right now, with so many plot points happening all over the place.

Truth is they really don't got that much plot points the two main ones are get Ace DF and destroy the factory which so going to change to beat don group most likely .
But the SH all over the place fighting and doing stuff related to them .
Some people would rather him just stick to one view but since everything going one at once he changes view every few chapters which sucks in weekly format to tell the truth .
Rather he stick with one view since i reading it weekly .

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But..but... Strategic depth!

I don't play fighters so the nuance of strategy is lost on me. I just want to see hype combos and big plays and so forth.

Like Xian's unexpected clutch ultras.

Haly

I'd rather watch Ibuki and Makoto.

Hakan is pretty lol though.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-chan Vol. 01

GmZqEz8l.jpg

Complete silliness in every chapter. I'm looking forward to when I reach the part where the youtube anime didn't adapt so it will be a whole new experience for me.

Too bad The Past of Itsuki Koizumi will never be real.

Acid08

Banned
Kimi No Iru Maki 26-60

Alright, I'm pretty into this now. The drama got to me. Haruto constantly be fuckin up though. Finally he got his relationship though at the worst possible time. There's still a looooooooooot more chapters though, can't even imagine where such a seemingly mundane story can even go.

Also, not sure how this is considered smut according to the OP? It had all been pretty innocent so far with very little fan service.

Erigu

Reading through the Wiki, "Lucy" is actually a reference to Master Roshi from Dragon Ball. In Japanese, it's pronounced "Rushi", and Luffy has a beard that resembles Roshi's.
Calling bullshit on that one. The pronunciations are different, the Dragon Ball character isn't named that in Japan, and the beard would be the only connection.

El Sloth

Banned
Haly should watch a Guile mirror. Nothing but hype combos and big plays there.

Aku no Hana: 47

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Nakamura totally showing up for next chapter

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Gakkou Gurashi a.k.a. Zombie Loli Moe: 1-4

I'm almost hesitant to write anything about this even though just because I don't want to ruin it for anyone who might read it. Even though I'm still going to be pretty vague. Please don't read on from here if you think you will read this.

This was surprisingly dark. In a very good way. The whole upbeat candy cotton presentation and art style mixed with setting and plot makes for something strangely engaging. I just want to keep reading, to know more.

Definitely don't read this part:
The teacher is totally dead. All the clues are there in the 4th chapter. And it makes the previous 3 chapters even more dark and interesting and slightly creepy. If I were IGN these 4 chapters would have gotten a 9/10 for replayability.

Fuck Dresden for introducing me to this.
I NEED MORE CHAPTERS

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kimi No Iru Maki 26-60

Alright, I'm pretty into this now. The drama got to me. Haruto constantly be fuckin up though. Finally he got his relationship though at the worst possible time. There's still a looooooooooot more chapters though, can't even imagine where such a seemingly mundane story can even go.

Also, not sure how this is considered smut according to the OP? It had all been pretty innocent so far with very little fan service.

You are a brave man to be so willingly jumping in to the ultimate raging material that is KNIM. .

Haly

Kanji is gay and if you like Kanji then you're gay too.

SO THERE.

Haly

Also Mitsuru is a scumbag for scumbag players.

Yukiko too.

BASICALLY ANYONE WHO CAN ZONE AKIHIKO WHICH IS EVERYONE.

Fuck Chie and her auto mix-ups.

Haly

Naoto was 2hard4me.

And Aegis.

Hell I could barely handled 214 motions on a pad and the game wants me to loop traps fuck that.

bigkrev

Akihiko is the number 1 husbando across all forms of media ever created.

Anyone who says otherwise is wrong

Even if I don't like the character design they used in P4A as much as the school uniform from P3

bigkrev

Also, fucking make a revision, add in Yukari and Ken, rebalance the gameplay, and put it out on Vita.

If Blazeblue gets 100 revisions, P4A can get one.

Haly

I don't have a Vita.

PS3 please. Although with Full Boost on the maybe-horizon I doubt I'd have time to play P4A2.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Toriko

Jiiiiiiiiiiiiirouuuuuuu.

Also man I'm getting kind of sick of all these build ups. There better be a climax soon.

Aizo

Banned
I agree with my bros who liked this OP chapter.

Man, I need to start Kimi no Todoke one day.
Is it like the One Piece of shojo mangas or something?

I could see why one would not like the chapter this week too much. I just like all the One Piece characters, so I think it's fun.

Kimi ni Todoke is just delightful. I don't know if it ever goes downhill because I'm not too far, but it's just so cute.

Akito

Kimi No Iru Maki 26-60

I'm looking forward to your next impressions.
Also the smut banner is not smut exclusive, think of it as an extension to the top 10 banner.

Natsu no Zenjitsu
No no no no Tetsuo, don't you dare fuck this up, you almost did this time.

Beelzebub
Yeah, what a shitty flashback for a shitty villain, time to smack his shit Oga.

Yandere Kanojo
Ooooh, the plot thickens.

LeleSocho

Banned
I refuse to believe people who say they "don't understand" what happened in a chapter in any of these mangas. Due to small panels, dense art, anything of the sort. Things can be packed sometimes absolutely but I can count the times I genuinely couldn't tell what was happening in a panel on one hand over the last year.

Well it happens with me with OP, way too much times in these fight chapters i thought that stuff happens to a certain character when after only after 2-3 panels i understand that the scenario changed and there were new characters on screen

It's a mixture of things though: the art is too stuffed with useless details, every once in a while the order of the panels isn't totally clear, the pace is terrible etc. etc.
It all started with Thriller Bark, before that i never had any problem with Oda's art in fact up until TB i thought that Oda was the best. They should totally release OP chapters on A3 paper...

lol who translated Toriko released it without the best page of the chapter

wonzo

Banned
Ohana Holoholo 1-5.5

Yeah, this is a really interesting and lively story about three people raising a child called Yuuta. It revolves around Michiru, the mother of the child; Maya, her former female lover named whom she's currently living with; and Nico, the former boyfriend of the deceased husband. Together, these three create a really interesting and engaging dynamic thanks to how they've all come together to help and raise this cute little kid. It's like Usagi Drop but with a cast full of sexual minorities.

I'd highly recommend everyone to give this a read.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I know I'm not the only one, but I hate lesbian themed stuff with bisexuals.
She's bi inasmuch as it gives her a kid and a dead lover. Otherwise, it doesn't really come up much. In fact, the relationship stuff is fairly light (other than some petty jealousy).

You're a good man.
Please to be excited!

I'll def. pick this up now that work has started on it again.
Here's hoping it doesn't take months!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom