• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
You know, after reading your post I went back to read some early FotNS, because it's been awhile, and I gotta say it's not as bad as I remembered. One thing that still grinds my gears though is that the artist really loves to exaggerate the scale of the bad guys, and while I understand why they would do that it just looks hilarious to me.

I actually don't think the scale is exaggerated. His enemies are insanely large. I thought you were going to say that you dislike the muscle definition because it's completely over the top, but everything in Hokuto no Ken is over the top. That's what I love about it. I really think that the art is well done, personally.

Akito

Nejimaki Kagyu 1-2

iQ9p7HlQtErDO.jpg

Childhood friend suddenly turns up, wants to protect you, turns out to be a hot girl and her true intention is of course to have your D. Well, I kinda like the art, the faces are great and the girl is not half-bad either. I guess I'm in.

mhs004

World trigger is the only new series I like. I think it has the potential to be popular, not big 3 popular but still popular. It may also never capitalize on its potential and be cancelled within a year.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I actually don't think the scale is exaggerated. His enemies are insanely large. I thought you were going to say that you dislike the muscle definition because it's completely over the top, but everything in Hokuto no Ken is over the top. That's what I love about it. I really think that the art is well done, personally.

No, there were some parts where the enemies were clearly scaled larger than how they usually look. That kind of stuff just irks me.

Going back I actually like the art too. Must be years of reading knock offs and parodies of the style that befuddled my memories. :p

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece Spoilers
Courtesy of redon at ArlongPark.

- Kelly Funk has the power of "Jake Jake no Mi" (&#12472;&#12515;&#12465;&#12472;&#12515;&#12465;&#12398;&#23455;), he´s a jacket man that can transform his body into a jacket.
- Sai takes revenge for his brother and defeats Funk Brothers.
- Sai and Ideo fight hard but they are defeated by Luffy and Don Chinjao with hardly any effort.
- Luffy and Don Chinjao are last fighters on C Block, their punchs crash with much power.

Looks like C Block is ending soon

Thanks for all the top 10's, everyone. I've made note of the series I didn't know. I think everyone has at least a few on their list that I really like. I'm still curious about A Huge Battleship's top 10.
Would've posted sooner but I've been busy rampaging through 2nd/3rd century China using a little girl with magic sticks.

I'm like BassForever in that I usually separate ongoing and finished series for these things. Top 5 of each (+ top 2 oneshots) would be:

Left to right:

Ongoing: Screaming Lessons, A Lollypop or a Bullet, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Shingeki no Kyojin, Liar Game.

Completed: Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime, Azumanga Daioh, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Anne Freaks, Franken Fran.

Oneshots: Akumu no Elevator, Gin'iro no Kami no Arisa.

They're not pictured, but the runners-up for ongoing would be Gokukoku no Brynhildr / Choujin Gakuen. For finished it'd probably be Prunus Girl / Hoshi no Samidare.

Wiseblade

Ultimate Spider-Man vol 9-12

Now that I have a proper job I can finally finish my One Piece and Spider-Man collections.

Volume 9 (Ultimate six) is pretty weak, nobody looks good at the end and it feels like a waste of time. The others are more enjoyable, by a good margin.

Wiseblade

First Amerime and now Amerimanga, Wiseblade?

You should be ashamed of yourself (for reading the Ultimate series).
Ultimate Spider-Man is legit! I've actually read most of it before, on marvel's digital service. But a friend of mine decided it would be a good idea to buy volume 11 for me out of the blue and my ocd simply won't stand for it to sit alone on a shelf.

Soma

Horimiya Ch. 24

Huh. Weird to have the focus suddenly off the main two especially after the previous chapter but whatevs. Sucks that this seems to be a monthly series too. :/

Anyways, sucks for Tooru and all but it's hard to feel bad for the guy when he's got Sakura interested in him. That and the more the story strays away from awkward love triangles the better.

Wiseblade

So Bleach is on hiatus? I'm surprised Shueisha don't have Togashi at gunpoint right now. Oda must be feeling the pressure having to really carry Jump by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom