• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
Left to right:

Ongoing: Screaming Lessons, A Lollypop or a Bullet, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Shingeki no Kyojin, Liar Game.

Completed: Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime, Azumanga Daioh, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Anne Freaks, Franken Fran.

Oneshots: Akumu no Elevator, Gin'iro no Kami no Arisa

They're not pictured, but the runners-up for ongoing would be Gokukoku no Brynhildr / Choujin Gakuen. For finished it'd probably be Prunus Girl / Hoshi no Samidare.

I really need to start Screaming Lessons soon. I added you on MAL. Interesting tastes.

B-dubs said:
Did someone cum on her face?
Everything but rain

I laughed pretty hard.

Acid08

Banned
Ultimate Spider-Man vol 9-12

Now that I have a proper job I can finally finish my One Piece and Spider-Man collections.

Volume 9 (Ultimate six) is pretty weak, nobody looks good at the end and it feels like a waste of time. The others are more enjoyable, by a good margin.
Hey man. Comic Gaf is cool.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches

Hmmmm

I don't know, Grimace, Miyabi is looking pretty top tier...

(Technically spoilers ahead, but honestly the identity of any witch or character isn't even really a spoiler since they're all pretty much explained to be witches the moment they appear and not all of them are witches anyways)

//

Shiraishi = God Tier
Miyabi, Sarushima, Archer Girl = High Tier
Odagiri, Otsuka, Asuka = Low Tier
Noa = Garbage Tier
Seventh Witch = Mystery Tier

mhs004

Birdmen 1

I really enjoyed it I like the story and were it's heading. The art was a little sketchy in my opinion going from good to meh every now and then. It does kind of seem like an average shonen plot but it still made me want to read the next chapter to see what's next. I can kind of guess that the next chapter
both the main characters see a birdman and get powers or something to that effect.
Kamoda seems like he is going to be my favorite character right now I am exited to learn his back story and what he does in the future of this manga.

El Sloth

Banned

Well, now I'm all caught up. Thus begins the waiting game...

I really like this series. It's just a lot of fun. I can definitely see it's roots from Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (well, from when it was still about them being in the student council). Yoshikawa is still great at writing a fun group who do silly things together.

What exactly happened to Yankee-kun to Megane-chan anyways? Did it turn into some weird battle manga? I stopped reading when it suddenly started becoming all about delinquent fights out of nowhere .

(Technically spoilers ahead, but honestly the identity of iany witch or character isn't even really a spoiler since they're all pretty much explained to be witches the moment they appear and not all of them are witches anyways)

//

Shiraishi = God Tier
Miyabi, Sarushima, Archer Girl = High Tier
Odagiri, Otsuka, Asuka = Low Tier
Noa = Garbage Tier
Seventh Witch = Mystery Tier
Seventh witch is an admitted pervert though, surely that alone is all we need to know to put her above Noa.

Shiraishi hasn't done anything to merit her god tier status!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Well, now I'm all caught up. Thus begins the waiting game...

I really like this series. It's just a lot of fun. I can definitely see it's roots from Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (well, from when it was still about them being in the student council). Yoshikawa is still great at writing a fun group who do silly things together.

What exactly happened to Yankee-kun to Megane-chan anyways? Did it turn into some weird battle manga? I stopped reading when it suddenly started becoming all about delinquent fights out of nowhere .

Seventh witch is an admitted pervert though, surely that alone is all we need to know to put her above Noa.

Shiraishi hasn't done anything to merit her god tier status!
Having a functioning brain is helping.

I'd like to do a Shokugeki no Soma list, but we'll probably need what, 50 chapters or so?

wonzo

Banned
Whats so funny? Its great when series fail right.
When bad new series fail in a magazine struggling to find something to replace Bleach and Naruto? Yes, yes it is.

Oh man the new banner
vNs.png

:bow Dramatis :bow
AKB49, OPM, Makai no Ossan, Kingdom :bow
By far the best banner yet.

I'm glad that the majority of the manga-gaf population has acknowledged Shokugeki's status as the Best Manga in Jump.
Heartwarming stuff, really.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So what's the story with AKB49?

Guy tries to help his waifu get into AKB by signing up for auditions with her. Winds up getting into AKB himself. Masquerades as an idol to support his waifu (who doesn't know his real identity). Along the way he learns the TRUE MEANING OF "IDORU" and realizes he wants to succeed as an idol himself.

I haven't seen this cover before but why are the hokages & madara looking towards sasuke in the center and where is that other guy that wears an orange jumpsuite? lol

They really needed to watermark that cover?
Isnt that volume containing the backstory with Hashirama and co telling Sasuke the HashiMada story to try to convince Sasuke to turn a new leaf?

It turned into a studying into college series.

Your enjoyment of it varies.

Akito

I haven't seen this cover before but why are the hokages & madara looking towards sasuke in the center and where is that other guy that wears an orange jumpsuite? lol
Madara and Harashima are clearing looking at each other :lol And why are you asking for some other dude when the MC is right there in the middle of everything?

Aizo

Banned

Because Hashirama had to be on there twice, there was no room for Naruto.

Akito

Nanatsu no Taizai 39
Hm, there is no flashback after all so we did not learn that much about Meliodas' past, some other time I guess. Good job from Baan to make the finals more exciting. So we'll get two chapters next time, it's definitely a Shounen Magazine thing.

The bigger question is why is the First Hokage on there twice. Reminds me of when an anime screws up and puts a character in the shot twice.

Ouji Hiroimashita. 1-7 end + extra
tumblr_mqs0avqQR51qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

I found the concept of the poor person with the pretty rich heir to be somewhat memorable. It took an interesting turn with Ouji's brother and his own motives as well as Ginga's battle with Ouji due to their different circumstances. Its a pretty terrible though that still at the end they cant change the world to make their relationship acceptable to the family and I guess the business as a whole so even though one issue was triumphed they would still have to always keep it secret. Society is awful. Good art, good story, and the key scenes were pretty good and usual for otsuki miu.

Lain

Catnip Panic

With the last chapter translated, it was time to go through it from the start.
Some parts had a strong bite to them, plus the back-story that's always supposed to be revealed but never done because, who the fuck cares?
Type.90 /bow.

Amikami

Banned
Naruto's out. Holy shit at that Amaterasu Rasenshurikin. Knew something like that was coming but It was cool to finally see that combo.

RagnarokX

Naruto

So, how exactly does one use their sharingan to adjust their chakra percentage to a person that has waaaaaaaay more chakra than them?

Soma

And that ends Binbougami Ga!. Kinda wished it didn't go that route, but it still ended on a high note and I still like it.

Ah it's over?

I should really get to completing it except I can't remember which chapter I left off on. I need to finish the anime too...

Angry Grimace

I'm fuckin begging you to put in some goddamn story kishi this shit is so fucking boring my eyes fell out and then started rotting on the floor

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Hey guys, has anyone gotten Ace's Devil Fruit yet in One Piece? Is the Battle Royale over or close to over? As of the latest chapter, I mean.

Spongebob

Banned
Naruto

Short, but sweet chapter. Loved the Minato and Tobirama combination and I have to say that its refreshing to see Tobirama step up to the plate.

The Naruto and Sasuke combination Enton-Rasenshuriken was corny, but nonetheless cool.

Also it seems as though Minato's rasen senkou chourinbokou sanshiki is just a joke technique lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom