• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mael

Hmmm.

I honestly in the opinion that in Pain vs. Naruto fight, Naruto would have lost pretty badly if Kishi didn't throw so many favorable situations in his favor (like God Pain not in full power from the very beginning or Hinata interfering.)

It seems like sometimes he won his fights *not* because of his skills alone but due to his status as main character, if that makes any sense to you.

On that I don't think I disagree, the pain arc was fantastic though, best part of shippuden really.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
On that I don't think I disagree, the pain arc was fantastic though, best part of shippuden really.

Yup.

I am also perhaps the only person here in MangaGAF that tolerate how Kishi handled the closing where everyone was resurrected back. IIRC I remembered people here don't take kindly to that, hahaha.

I really like the scene where Sakura hugged Naruto in front of the entire village; made me smile.

Well alright, it's not like I am gonna fight over it :)

This isn't about fighting over it. Foreshadowing is a common literary device and can take on different forms. There really isn't anything to disagree about, so to speak.

Haki, before it was fully revealed, was shown in the very first chapters when Shanks scared off the sea king and later as Mantra on Skypeia.

Then there's the scene in Loguetown where Luffy is struck by lightning on the platform he was about to be executed but has no scratch, alluding to his fight against Enel.

And my favourite:

gb04ico.png

:'(

Not to say that One Piece is the only manga that does this or even the best, though. Bleach has several of these, like Ichigo resebling Kaien Shiba or his Bankai being completely different from most other Bankais and closer to the powers Quincies display.

Mael

Yup.

I am also perhaps the only person here in MangaGAF that tolerate how Kishi handled the closing where everyone was resurrected back. IIRC I remembered people here don't take kindly to that, hahaha.

I really like the scene where Sakura hugged Naruto in front of the entire village; made me smile.

Well everything but the whole "I'll resurect everyone so it's ok" is great I don't even mind the fiesta afterward but that asspull was really cheap and bad.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well everything but the whole "I'll resurect everyone so it's ok" is great I don't even mind the fiesta afterward but that asspull was really cheap and bad.

Indeed, I see many in Naruto fandom shares this opinion :)

I don't mind it though, but then again I am admittedly a fan of Naruto so my bullshit tolerance level for Naruto is most probably much higher than most people, especially in MangaGAF, hahaha.

I don't mind it though, but then again I am admittedly a fan of Naruto so my bullshit tolerance level for Naruto is most probably much higher than most people, especially in MangaGAF, hahaha.

There is absolutely no justification for the "Great Snake Escape".

Fucking bullshit no matter how you look at it.

Mael

Well I still read Naruto so heh.
It's still better than Fairy Tail and I buy that so...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
There is absolutely no justification for the "Great Snake Escape".

Fucking bullshit no matter how you look at it.

Now, for THAT one though, I don't have any defense at all! Hahaha.

Well I still read Naruto so heh.
It's still better than Fairy Tail and I buy that so...

Hahaha, yeah. I don't really care what anybody says about it, I enjoy it for what it is.

I won't touch Fairy Tail though! :)

Mael

Now, for THAT one though, I don't have any defense at all! Hahaha.

Was that how the sauce escaped Deidara's suicide bomb?

Hahaha, yeah. I don't really care what anybody says about it, I enjoy it for what it is.

I won't touch Fairy Tail though! :)

Bah, Fairy Tail has a consistent art and the concept is actually not bad.
The worst part is how it's handled as if it was the most by the book writter ever.
Like you want to explain what's a shonen? Make the person read Fairy Tail it have all the tropes and the predictable parts init.
It's like a study on the subject and in that way it's kinda fascinating.

DarkMehm

Haikyuu 61

Nice chapter, but there are too many comments about plays from the sidelines. I don't care for comments on how well they did something, just focus on the match. It's going for too long already. I don't want to be stuck in some low class tournament when the manga is on chapter 250.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Was that how the sauce escaped Deidara's suicide bomb?

Yeah. I rolled my eyes for that one.

Bah, Fairy Tail has a consistent art and the concept is actually not bad.
The worst part is how it's handled as if it was the most by the book writter ever.
Like you want to explain what's a shonen? Make the person read Fairy Tail it have all the tropes and the predictable parts init.
It's like a study on the subject and in that way it's kinda fascinating.

Well, if there is actually one thing in Fairy Tail that I can admire, is that how it can embrace, use, and milk 1000000% concentrated Shounen cliches with a straight face, unwavering and unflinching, hahaha.

Bleach is hitting its stride, answering many open questions resolving a few things. Probably ending by the end of the year or early 2014 I bet. Its not been anything that Id say is definitive storytelling and what not, just an average series currently.

I don't think we will see Bleach end until late 2014 at the earliest, if Kubo plans to bring back everyone for this last battle it could stretch on for awhile

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I bring this up everytime we talk about ocha nigosu but you should totally check out kyou kara ore wa. :p

There was a time where it was updated daily and it was glorious.

I guess if Yhwach has some group of underlings then thats possible but in the last two instances Kubo ran through those type of fights really fast.

I just don't think jump is going to push bleach to end around the time as Naruto. It may not be as popular as it was in Japan, but it still does better then most of the other stuff in the magazine.

DarkMehm

The final arc in Bleach could very well be 200 chapters long. Kubo showed us that he can make reaally long arcs and I doubt this is going to be under 150 chapters. So, still about 100 to go I guess.

Kusagari

This arc seems like something that could be stretched on for a loooonnngg time.

Don't forget that the Spirit King and Royal Guards are likely going to be involved in where this story ends up going too.

It's not just Bach and his Nazi guards.

And the full bringers were teases, and grimjoww. Of course the most important is that Aizen hasn't returned so the series can't end in the next 25-30 chapters

There is even some chance that Bleach could end up being longer than Naruto, though I doubt it will happen.

Well right now out of Jump the oldest manga is that one guy who kept going for 30 something years. Then its Oda, followed by Kishi and then Kubo.

Bleach is the youngest of the 3 and is about 1 year younger than Naruto. There is about 100 chapters of difference between them.

So it could end up being longer.

Akito

Well right now out of Jump the oldest manga is that one guy who kept going for 30 something years. Then its Oda, followed by Kishi and then Kubo.

Bleach is the youngest of the 3 and is about 1 year younger than Naruto. There is about 100 chapters of difference between them.

So it could end up being longer.
HxH is older than Bleach and Naruto.

dramatis

Worldwide oneshot contest, online registration, oneshot can have either 15, 19, 31 or 45 pages, can be either in Japanese, English or Chinese. Winners will be published in Shonen Jump and/or Jump special magazines and international versions of Shonen Jump. The prizes:

Big Price : 2 000 000 yens (19 665$)
Grand Price : 500 000 (4916$)
Japan Price (The best oneshot chosen by the Japanese readers) : 500 000 (4916$)
English Price (The best oneshot chosen by the English readers) : 500 000 (4916$)
Chinese Price (The best oneshot chosen by the Chinese readers) 500 000 (4916$)

So what do we turn in, Kurita's grand harem or one of upandaway's brainfarts?
When news of this comes out officially in English, should this be posted in regular Off-Topic to attract suckers artists to draw Mangaf's smut manga?

Kurita

Toriko vol.11

Man, the Century Soup arc was great, and now Komatsu managed to recreate it!
The whole "super fast regeneration" by Toriko was predictable but still great to see. It reminds me of Luffy's treatment during Impel Down.

Stinky

Going away for two weeks, going to bring tons of manga.

I'll post impressions of

REAL
Tezuka's Pheonix
GTO
Ping Pong
Berserk (latest 5 volumes)
Jojo part IV (Finishing part 3 with the OVAs..)
7Seeds (latest 5 or so volumes)

Some other smaller stuff as well probably not worth mentioning.

See ya suckas.

Akito

When news of this comes out officially in English, should this be posted in regular Off-Topic to attract suckers artists to draw Mangaf's smut manga?
Definitely, there ought to be some genius artists and writers here lurking on GAF. A drama about the scanlation scene could give Ohba/Obata a run for their money, someone page Ignis.

dramatis

Definitely, there ought to be some genius artists and writers here lurking on GAF. A drama about the scanlation scene could give Ohba/Obata a run for their money, someone page Ignis.
Should be a manga about Evilore and hot blooded "scheduled maintenance" handling during E3.

Wiseblade

I doubt Shueisha want to publish a manga about pirac- OH WAIT.

Bleach v 42

He ought to have give Wonderweiss or even Stark a color page at some point, or even Aizen for just his reappearing or Hitsugaya as well, rather than nowhere to be seen Chad (not since v39 or earlier, I believe). There really was never a dull moment in this whole event. Fun reread.

Antiwhippy

BTW, if you guys are actually 100% serious on making something for the Jump thing and need an artist I'm down to contribute. I'll be free from mid june to July.

Might even make my own separate entry too.

Antiwhippy

Antiwhippy is the new Oda

You're saying that I'll have to go to the hospital soon?

That's not very nice. :p

Gotta say though after concentrating on branding stuff and technical drawings for so long now my other drawing skills are probably rusty as fuuuuuuuuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom