• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haikyuu!! 61
tumblr_mnayt15lRo1qbxqfpo1_400.png

The grand king's attack and toss was really good and there perfect syncness too.Cant believe people really want this match to end fast, its been so good.

Who cares?

I do. I want to know how he came up with it, and how much he trained for it.
Umm no it's not.

Foreshadowing is just building up to what happens in the future, doesn't have to be subtle at all (though it can be).

One Piece's foreshadowing is pretty blantant. There's pretty much only one thing that can usually happen when Luffy says something like "I'm going to show off *this move* in the future." And then you got Bleach, which it's foreshadowing could basically be anything and that's bad because it shows the manga has no real direction or idea of what kind of story it's supposed to be telling, and it isn't subtle either.

Hahahaha. You don´t know what foreshadowing means confirmed. Foreshadowing is subtle, and not something one would say 200 chapters before and then does it. Foreshadowing is hint, whether a page of a chapter or hinting at it indirectly by words.

It's been over four years, but I'm still salty over Kubo killing off Starrk. Would've loved for him to perform a Heel Face Turn, even it would've been hella cliche.

:x

Kusagari

It's been over four years, but I'm still salty over Kubo killing off Starrk. Would've loved for him to perform a Heel Face Turn, even it would've been hella cliche.

:x

Poor Starrk was doomed by not having tits.

And even Lilynette couldn't save him since she had none either

IHaveIce

Banned

Hahahaha. You don´t know what foreshadowing means confirmed. Foreshadowing is subtle, and not something one would say 200 chapters before and then does it. Foreshadowing is hint, whether a page of a chapter or hinting at it indirectly by words.

Foreshadowing can be both. Something what someone says as tidbit and later get importance or happen is also foreshadowing like subtle things

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Binbougami Ga 62

uu2NPG7.png

I kinda like it when it it breaks the 4th wall like this.

Can't wait for the bobby boobs powerup.

Also momiji and ichiko is the true OTP.

Familiar 1-2
tumblr_mnazwyAVx71qbxqfpo1_500.png

Distressing or even depressing start to this for the new family members from the marriage and what not. Even more just his entire feelings for who he is and unable to bring it to his parents and such. If only Ryuhei was more understanding. Thankfully chapter 2 was just plain awesome, just what Id expect from the writer and their other works.

Fairy Tail 332

Fairy Tail is back on track and even better than before. Eating was hilarious and finally more on the Dragon King Igneel. Just couldnt help smiling the whole way through. Weekly Shonen Magazine ought to let Mashima do a longer chapter or maybe some double chapter sometime soon for these fights this arc.

IHaveIce

Banned
Fairy Tail

Oh man. This even topped the shitty Naruto chapter. I underestimated you Mashima.

It was not a tidbit. Luffy made a blanket statement.

I did not talk about One Piece, just said a statement can also be foreshadowing, if it is good or bad foreshadowing is a different thing.

Fairy Tail

Yep, it would have surprised me if FT could get a good end fight, good to know it won't. This was just bullshit.

Mael

Fairy Tail 332

Fairy Tail is back on track and even better than before. Eating was hilarious and finally more on the Dragon King Igneel. Just couldnt help smiling the whole way through. Weekly Shonen Magazine ought to let Kubo do a longer chapter or maybe some double chapter sometime soon for these fights this arc.

Acnologia is Aizen?

You're reading the wrong manga then.

Foreshadowing is implicit, not necessarily subtle.

Akito

Kongou Banchou 1 aka Gar-ness the Manga

I know that the image is as old as the internet but just look at it man, it's still as badass as the first time I saw it. No idea why I needed this long to pick this up.

Kongou Banchou 1 aka Gar-ness the Manga

I know that the image is as old as the internet but just look at it man, it's still as badass as the first time I saw it. No idea why I needed this long to pick this up.

It is so good. Best part is Cowardly Banchou would love a series only about him.

Akito

Kongou Banchou 3
Wanting to stop the secret plan to reconstruct Japan is more innovative than your average revenge plotline I guess.

Oda writing crap does not mean i am reading the wrong manga. It means that Oda is writing crappy power ups.

One Piece not fulfilling your requirements for good power ups doesn't make it crappy. Especially when your requirements basically boil down to wasting time showing unnecessary training.

Luffy saying i want to get stronger is in no way shape or form foreshadowing.

Good thing he didn't say that!

upandaway

I guess it would be okay to create a new thread for the Jump thing? It's not like ManGAF is a closed community or anything, as long as everyone here are aware the discussion is there, it could help it actually happen
how you guys want it though

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I guess it would be okay to create a new thread for the Jump thing? It's not like ManGAF is a closed community or anything, as long as everyone here are aware the discussion is there, it could help it actually happen

I might be wrong but there isn't really an english dedicated promotion for it yet right?

Might want to wait for that.

Akito

Kongou Banchou 6
The Iai Banchou and the fight against him were not bad as the first opponent/fight, I'm pretty excited for the upcoming 22.

dramatis

Smoky BB 1 (raw)

inzSW2kl7JVV1.jpg

Enjirou Haimura, a baseball prodigy that suddenly disappeared from the baseball scene two years ago. Hayata Kazami, a random 15 year-old dude. Komado Kuhou, scouter for the Benten High School baseball team.

Story as follows:
Haimura and Kazami work at the same batting center. Haimura is trying to quit baseball, to which Kazami notes Haimura has failed eight times to do so. A yakuza obsessed with baseball comes by and harangues Haimura; the former pitcher knocks him out with a pitch, and Komado (having distracted the yakuza with a fire extinguisher) realizes Haimura is the missing Haimura of baseball fame. When Komado asks him to join her team, he tells her she needs a hundred million yen to get him to sign up. Haimura's family is a hundred million yen in debt, hence why he quit baseball and even school and works three jobs instead. The yakuza hunts them down and threatens them with a gun, resulting in a 'match' between Haimura and the yakuza.

In the end, Komodo hands Haimura a fifty million yen 'contract fee' and promises him the money to pay the rest of his debt if he helps Benten win the Koshien (baseball thing).

You spend a good deal of time wondering what Kazami is even in the manga for until the yakuza match. There's a bit of a feeling early on that maybe Kazami knows things about Haimura that Komodo as an outsider wouldn't know, but then Haimura spills his family troubles quick, so there's always this sensation of Kazami being completely useless to the plot. A sudden interruption by Komodo and using her internal thoughts to explain baseball (even though she's a baseball expert) could have been done better. Kazami is so nonexistent his name is the only one introduced through a narrative text box!

There are parts where the art is kind of weird. At the same time the parts that matter are pretty neat. There's additional setup at the end for following chapters, but I think as a oneshot this would have been ok, as a pilot it's not particularly exciting. I feel like Smoky BB's writer, Komiyama, has a fairly uninteresting story, with the saving grace done through presentation and art. So far, anyway.

Nah brah I don't need anymore competition.

Smoky BB 1 (raw)

Enjirou Haimura, a baseball prodigy that suddenly disappeared from the baseball scene two years ago. Hayata Kazami, a random 15 year-old dude. Komado Kuhou, scouter for the Benten High School baseball team.

Story as follows:
Haimura and Kazami work at the same batting center. Haimura is trying to quit baseball, to which Kazami notes Haimura has failed eight times to do so. A yakuza obsessed with baseball comes by and harangues Haimura; the former pitcher knocks him out with a pitch, and Komado (having distracted the yakuza with a fire extinguisher) realizes Haimura is the missing Haimura of baseball fame. When Komado asks him to join her team, he tells her she needs a hundred million yen to get him to sign up. Haimura's family is a hundred million yen in debt, hence why he quit baseball and even school and works three jobs instead. The yakuza hunts them down and threatens them with a gun, resulting in a 'match' between Haimura and the yakuza.

In the end, Komodo hands Haimura a fifty million yen 'contract fee' and promises him the money to pay the rest of his debt if he helps Benten win the Koshien (baseball thing).

You spend a good deal of time wondering what Kazami is even in the manga for until the yakuza match. There's a bit of a feeling early on that maybe Kazami knows things about Haimura that Komodo as an outsider wouldn't know, but then Haimura spills his family troubles quick, so there's always this sensation of Kazami being completely useless to the plot. A sudden interruption by Komodo and using her internal thoughts to explain baseball (even though she's a baseball expert) could have been done better. Kazami is so nonexistent his name is the only one introduced through a narrative text box!

There are parts where the art is kind of weird. At the same time the parts that matter are pretty neat. There's additional setup at the end for following chapters, but I think as a oneshot this would have been ok, as a pilot it's not particularly exciting. I feel like Smoky BB's writer, Komiyama, has a fairly uninteresting story, with the saving grace done through presentation and art. So far, anyway.

Doesn't sound that bad. I can't wait to read the translation.

Smoky BB 1 (raw)

http://i.minus.com/inzSW2kl7JVV1.jpg[/ig]

Story as follows: [spoiler]Haimura and Kazami work at the same batting center. Haimura is trying to quit baseball, to which Kazami notes Haimura has failed eight times to do so. A yakuza obsessed with baseball comes by and harangues Haimura; the former pitcher knocks him out with a pitch, and Komado (having distracted the yakuza with a fire extinguisher) realizes Haimura is the missing Haimura of baseball fame. When Komado asks him to join her team, he tells her she needs a hundred million yen to get him to sign up. Haimura's family is a hundred million yen in debt, hence why he quit baseball and even school and works three jobs instead. The yakuza hunts them down and threatens them with a gun, resulting in a 'match' between Haimura and the yakuza.

You spend a good deal of time wondering what Kazami is even in the manga for until the yakuza match. There's a bit of a feeling early on that maybe Kazami knows things about Haimura that Komodo as an outsider wouldn't know, but then Haimura spills his family troubles quick, so there's always this sensation of Kazami being completely useless to the plot. A sudden interruption by Komodo and using her internal thoughts to explain baseball (even though she's a baseball expert) could have been done better. Kazami is so nonexistent his name is the only one introduced through a narrative text box![/spoiler]

There are parts where the art is kind of weird. At the same time the parts that matter are pretty neat. There's additional setup at the end for following chapters, but I think as a oneshot this would have been ok, as a pilot it's not particularly exciting. I feel like Smoky BB's writer, Komiyama, has a fairly uninteresting story, with the saving grace done through presentation and art. So far, anyway.[/QUOTE]

FemMC? Seems the most dull of the three new series. Will read if in English ever I guess.

One Piece not fulfilling your requirements for good power ups doesn't make it crappy. Especially when your requirements basically boil down to wasting time showing unnecessary training.

It´s shit writing and the definition of an ass pull power up, especially when no explanation was given to said power up besides i am going get stronger for my friends. And training is never a waist especially when done correctly.

Good thing he didn't say that!

You´re right he said this

http://i.minus.com/ieW6YJ11QJSWu.jpg
This is fairy tail level of cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom