• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Strawhats have a lot of allies on their side for the revolt.

Dwarves, Toys (including defeated gladiators), Happou Navy & Chinjao Family, Bartolomeo, Law, 3 Samurais, Gladiators

vs. Donquixote Pirates, Marines

Throw in some wild cards like Aokiji, Burgess, Cavendish. The inevitable revolt is going to be crazy.

ffdgh

Naruto

Silly faced Kurama <3 and madara is about to activate his trap card sooner than expected?

One Piece

lol at the luffy fanboy. Huzzah the old guy is ok with luffy, Doflamingo is a nut job.

......Rebecca is a pre time skip Nami clone?

Bleach

Juha Bach not being at the cover is highly suspect. Or maybe The Ichigo costume looks like Juha Bach, and not just his own bankai black shihaksho.
Lol @ Mayuri´s outfit, and now the war begins again. I just wonder if Juha Bach went to see Aizen again, or doing something else with Uryuu.
Stealing a bankai does not steal the spirit of a zompakto apparently.
Rangiku looks badass, Hitsugaya as well. I can´t wait for next chapter.

BLEACH IS BACK, AND WEDNESDAY is alright again.

one piece

This is soooo boring. Show me Law vs. Deflamingo and the admiral,

Bleach

Juha Bach not being at the cover is highly suspect. Or maybe The Ichigo costume looks like Juha Bach, and not just his own bankai black shihaksho.
Lol @ Mayuri´s outfit, and now the war begins again. I just wonder if Juha Bach went to see Aizen again, or doing something else with Uryuu.
Stealing a bankai does not steal the spirit of a zompakto apparently.
Rangiku looks badass, Hitsugaya as well. I can´t wait for next chapter.

BLEACH IS BACK, AND WEDNESDAY is alright again.

one piece

This is soooo boring. Show me Law vs. Deflamingo and the admiral,

I love diversity of opinion, but I am still convinced you are being ironic

IHaveIce

Banned
Bleach

What a boring cimeback after weeks of absence, and yes kubo you can draw tits, fine.

Really... nothing in this chapter interested me, give me a tease with now bankai kenpachi, new ichigo or something. Histugaya and matsumoto are so boring.

naruto
Asspull powers the manga.

one piece

I like this set up, lots of potential allies.
Bartholomeo to be a luffy fanboy is awesome

Mitark

Naruto

i hope that kakashi somehow manage to comeback and meet with the forth, we don't know what happened to him.

also shocking that no one is missing sarutobi in the fight.

Tacitus_

Dwarves, Toys (including defeated gladiators), Happou Navy & Chinjao Family, Bartolomeo, Law, 3 Samurais, Gladiators

Throw in some wild cards like Aokiji, Burgess, Cavendish. The inevitable revolt is going to be crazy.

It is certainly building up to be interesting.

Averon

Naruto

i hope that kakashi somehow manage to comeback and meet with the forth, we don't know what happened to him.

also shocking that no one is missing sarutobi in the fight.

Bee has also completely disappeared. You'd think the 8 tails would be pretty damn important in fighting Obito atm.

edit: Sasuke needs some sort of powerup because Naruto overpowered ass can just overwhelm him.

upandaway

One Piece

Bartolomeo was hilarious haha. This never really happened before so I have no clue how he'll play out. If it goes well he might even follow luffy to the next (presumably Kaido) arc.

Yeah seriously. And there's also Blackbeard to consider, he could also be on the island.. he or/and any other crewmember.

Bee has also completely disappeared. You'd think the 8 tails would be pretty damn important in fighting Obito atm.

edit: Sasuke needs some sort of powerup because Naruto overpowered ass can just overwhelm him.

Don't worry Sasuke will get a power up cause right now Naruto would kick his ass.
Unless kishi power down naruto like lets say take away the 9 tails after the war or something like that .

Naruto

Wait wait...

Sasuke is jealous of Narutos power? ahahaha it's like part 1 all over again

Yeah, I know, right? Way too late for that shit, Kishi. lol

I guess the Kurama conversation was funny?

god these are such terrible villains

Bleach

lol

For some reason this reveal gave me "I'VE KNOWN ABOUT YOU SINCE YOU WERE BORN" vibes but I wouldn't put it in that class of stupidity.

Honestly, aside from whatever reason Uryu has for joining them, I don't care about the Quincies at all. :/

One Piece

HAHAHA OMG I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT WITH BART LOL. Wasn't crazy about the character before but now I can't wait to see how he'll contribute to upcoming events.

Love how Luffy was still eating when Rebecca attacked him. I'm guessing she didn't want to attack him initially? Also, I'm not...really...getting the Nami comparisons at..all?

and shit that coliseum twist.

R.I.P

One Piece

Bart turning out to be a Luffy fanboy was hilarious, maybe he will stalk follow the straw hats around the new world and become a recurring character. Mango sure is getting a lot of that sleazebag big baddie hype, can't wait for the inevitable confrontation with the straw hats.

Bleach

Glad to have this finally back, though the chapter itself was kinda boring buildup. Mayuri and Nemu's new outfits are amazing (those hats!) and we will hopefully have fights next week.

Naruto

Salty Sauce.

Bossun

One Piece

Nice to see all those allies. I guess some of them will stay on the island once the revolution is finished.
But with Bartolomeo, Chinjao family and army Oda could do something along the lines of Luffy finally building a real fleet like Whitebeard and all the other pirates.

Not much a fleet as a band of allies but still along those lines.

LeleSocho

Banned
Also, I'm not...really...getting the Nami comparisons at..all?
Congrats on the blindness

cZb3Ucx.jpg

Congrats on the blindness

cZb3Ucx.jpg

Weren't nami and her sister adopted and not actually related just together in a war zone? Rebecca could be related to nami, I doubt it and am going to assume bad art until otherwise. Then again this is Oda I could see him pulling a stunt like that

Kusagari

I've been out of manga reading the past couple weeks because of my new job but I couldn't help but catch up for the return of Bleach.

Bleach

And of course I get a boring setup chapter. At least Mayuri was as hilariously awesome as always. Also kind of surprised we're getting Blondie vs. Shunsui.

One Piece

Bart being a fanboy for Luffy is hilarious. You can see in this chapter that Luffy is slowly but surely building his own group of allies, just like Whitebeard had, with Bart and Chinjao. And Oda please stop making women look like Nami.

Naruto

The only thing of worth in Naruto the past couple weeks was Tobirama. That continues this week but we also get Sasuke fully turning into Vegeta and getting salty about Naruto's progress. I'll take it.

Eichiro Oda isn't actually the best artist when it comes to girls.

Apparently the only thing he learned between the hiatus before Strong World is how to draw gigantic boobs.

The boobs were always getting bigger even before then lol .
Things is if look at Amazon lily he had a whole bunch different type of faces and body sizes.
Still it seem Oda always sticks with a certain type of face when it comes to women that have to look good .
Guess it's what he like or it's just easier for him to draw since they not going to be around for long .
I can tell them apart but it easy to see how close they look to each other .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The thing that's dumb about this fight in Naruto is that its legitimately a DBZ-style beam fight. There's no martial arts of any kind really going on here; its just Naruto dropping the biggest energy bombs he can form.

Bagu

Naruto

What needs to happen is they let Terrible Villain#1 go ahead with the terrible plan; break out of the Eternal Tsukuyomi with the Power of Friendship; wait on Kakashi to come back; pluck out Terrible Villain’s eyes, since the dumbass probably put himself in the Tsukuomi too; and then have Kakashi send his ass to Kamui Land to be forever alone.

And have Hashirama smack Terrible Villain#2 around with his wood, I guess.

The thing that's dumb about this fight in Naruto is that its legitimately a DBZ-style beam fight. There's no martial arts of any kind really going on here; its just Naruto dropping the biggest energy bombs he can form.

When was the last time a character in this show did anything even remotely ninja like?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
When was the last time a character in this show did anything even remotely ninja like?

Most of the fights are at least vaguely hand-to-hand. Obito fighting Naruto and/or Sasuke just results in beam spam since both Naruto and Sasuke have impenetrable chakra shield modes. Its dumb.

Apparently there´s a SNK spin off. First time i hear about it.

The new spin-off manga will be titled &#8216;Shingeki no Kyojin Gaiden: Kuinaki Sentaku Prologue&#8216; (Shingeki no Kyojin Side Story: A Choice with No Regrets Prologue). The manga's scripts will be written by Sunaaku Gan (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) with Suruga Hikaru in charge of the manga's drawing.

One Piece - 720

Well this chapter was going by fast. Anyways, I had the biggest smile on my face when I saw Teach talking (especially when he mentioned Aokijii (who's my fav character)). He's so awesome in an evil way.

One Piece 720

Good chapter. Fanboy Bartolomeo was unexpected but made the chapter. Slight mood whiplash with the gladiator prisoners. Doflo is one evil mofo. Made more apparent since he apparently is holding all the cards.

Bleach 547

And it's finally back. I really find it nice to see that the Shinigami's weren't just sitting around twiddling their thumbs. How long was the training in comic book time? New designs are very nice.

Naruto 645

I laughed at the prospect of Sasuke's jealousy turning him evil again.

Pimpwerx

Naruto
Naruto is a real badass now. Even Sasuke is getting jelly. I gotta admit that Kishi has made Naruto look impossible to beat at this point, but that's what many of us said after he owned Pain and saved Konoha. Then eye hax happened. Infinite tsukuyomi will be stopped, but I wonder if it's gonna be by that bijuu ball or someone else (Sasuke?)

One Piece
Poor Rebecca. Owned so hard. I'm not really feeling Barto being such a fanboy. It's out of character, but I guess that's what's supposed to be funny about it. It should lead to some interesting exchanges in the final battle. Anyway, does this mean that Luffy is going to give Rebecca the MeraMera fruit after he wins? I doubt Zoro or Sanji would get it because both are important swimmers on the crew, and can't become anchors. No one else on the crew could really use a logia either. Imagine if Usopp became a logia. That would totally kill his character. The only thing he'd fear then is water.

Bleach
Huh. That double spread is weird. I thought the long blade would be his shinigami side, and the short one would be the quincy side. It's the other way around, by the looks of it. Also, anyone else notice the absence of Ukitake? Considering he's Kyouraku's bff, that's a glaring omition. Also, is this really the last volume? I didn't know the end was that close. :(

Reading the chapter now, and I guess something is up with Ukitake afterall. Ha! It seemed off from that cover spread. Anyway, decent chapter. It's just good to have Bleach back. I don't know if I followed enough of the seretei thing, or if it really is asspull, but it doesn't matter. Shit's popping off and Hitsugaya might not be a boring scrub anymore. PEACE.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bleach color page

I was lookin at the quincy thinkin "oh huh so that's their colors" but then basically everyone who should have black hair on the shinigami side has blue hair instead. And it's not even a "oh the lighting makes blacks look blue" since that one quincy still has black hair. So I'm not sure I can trust any of this.

I thought the long blade would be his shinigami side, and the short one would be the quincy side. It's the other way around, by the looks of it.

I think the long one is the hollow blade. It's mismatched on the cover, but in the chapter where he got the swords, hollow Ichigo was hovering over his right hand, "Zangetsu" was hovering over his left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom